Digital TV News: Calvo Mawela
Multichoice, NBCUniversal and Sky to create streaming service for Africa
Mar 2, 2023 – MultiChoice (JSE: MCG), NBCUniversal and Sky (NASDAQ: CMCSA) have announced a partnership that will bring Showmax streaming to MultiChoice's 50-market footprint in sub-Saharan Africa.
News categories: MultiChoice, NBCUniversal, Sky, Calvo Mawela, Matt Strauss, Dana Strong, Africa, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming
MultiChoice pay-TV subscribers up 1.0m YoY at end-September
Nov 10, 2022 – MultiChoice has announced results for the period ended 30 September 2022. The group’s linear pay-TV subscriber base increased by 1.0m to reach 22.1m households, consisting of 9.1m in South Africa and 13.0m in the Rest of Africa.
News categories: MultiChoice, Calvo Mawela, Africa, Content Protection, Digital TV, Results, Satellite, Smart TV, South Africa, Streaming, Subscribers
MultiChoice to be second syndication partner for Sky Glass
Sep 22, 2022 – Sky has announced that MultiChoice Group (MCG) will become Sky’s second global syndication partner for its Glass offering. MCG will be Sky’s second Glass syndication partner, after Foxtel announced last year.
News categories: Sky, MultiChoice, Andrea Zappia, Calvo Mawela, Digital TV, RDK, Smart TV, South Africa, Streaming
MultiChoice to bring Disney+ to South African DStv subscribers
Apr 25, 2022 – MultiChoice has announced that it will bring Disney’s direct-to-consumer streaming service, Disney+, to DStv subscribers in South Africa. Disney+ will launch on 18 May 2022 and will be available to DStv subscribers via the Explora Ultra decoder.
News categories: MultiChoice, Walt Disney, Calvo Mawela, Christine Service, Apps, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, South Africa
MultiChoice lists on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange
Feb 27, 2019 – MultiChoice Group Limited (MCG) has listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE). The listed MCG includes MultiChoice South Africa (MCSA), MultiChoice Africa Holdings (MAH), Showmax, as well Irdeto, and all their subsidiaries and affiliates.
News categories: MultiChoice, Naspers, Irdeto, Calvo Mawela, Bob van Dijk, Africa, Content Protection, Digital TV, Finance, Satellite, South Africa, Streaming, Worldwide
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media