Digital TV News: Calvo Mawela
MultiChoice pay-TV subscribers up 1.0m YoY at end-September
Nov 10, 2022 – MultiChoice has announced results for the period ended 30 September 2022. The group’s linear pay-TV subscriber base increased by 1.0m to reach 22.1m households, consisting of 9.1m in South Africa and 13.0m in the Rest of Africa.
News categories: MultiChoice, Calvo Mawela, Africa, Content Protection, Digital TV, Results, Satellite, Smart TV, South Africa, Streaming, Subscribers
MultiChoice to be second syndication partner for Sky Glass
Sep 22, 2022 – Sky has announced that MultiChoice Group (MCG) will become Sky’s second global syndication partner for its Glass offering. MCG will be Sky’s second Glass syndication partner, after Foxtel announced last year.
News categories: Sky, MultiChoice, Andrea Zappia, Calvo Mawela, Digital TV, RDK, Smart TV, South Africa, Streaming
MultiChoice to bring Disney+ to South African DStv subscribers
Apr 25, 2022 – MultiChoice has announced that it will bring Disney’s direct-to-consumer streaming service, Disney+, to DStv subscribers in South Africa. Disney+ will launch on 18 May 2022 and will be available to DStv subscribers via the Explora Ultra decoder.
News categories: MultiChoice, Walt Disney, Calvo Mawela, Christine Service, Apps, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, South Africa
MultiChoice lists on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange
Feb 27, 2019 – MultiChoice Group Limited (MCG) has listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE). The listed MCG includes MultiChoice South Africa (MCSA), MultiChoice Africa Holdings (MAH), Showmax, as well Irdeto, and all their subsidiaries and affiliates.
News categories: MultiChoice, Naspers, Irdeto, Calvo Mawela, Bob van Dijk, Africa, Content Protection, Digital TV, Finance, Satellite, South Africa, Streaming, Worldwide
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars