Digital TV News: Cellcom
Cellcom and Novelsat plan 5G video pilot in Israel
Feb 21, 2022 – Cellcom and NOVELSAT are to collaborate on a pilot of real-time video content distribution on 5G network infrastructure. As part of the pilot, video content from the CellcomTV service will be distributed in real time to 5G base stations by NOVELSAT's solution.
News categories: NOVELSAT, Cellcom, Gary Drutin, Yaniv Koriat, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Israel, Streaming
Broadpeak powers multiscreen video delivery for Cellcom TV
Mar 9, 2021 – Broadpeak has announced that Cellcom has upgraded its Cellcom TV service with a multiscreen video delivery architecture powered by Broadpeak's nanoCDN multicast ABR and analytics solutions.
News categories: Broadpeak, Cellcom, Jacques Le Mancq, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Israel, Streaming
Kaltura to migrate Cellcom TV to the Cloud
Sep 29, 2020 – Kaltura has been selected by Cellcom Israel to power Cellcom TV, the largest OTT TV service in Israel, with over 250,000 subscribing households. The service will be fully cloud-based and hosted on Amazon Web Services.
News categories: Kaltura, Cellcom, Nuno Sanches, Atara Litvak Shacham, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Israel, Streaming
Cellcom Israel signs Netflix distribution agreement
May 12, 2019 – Cellcom Israel (NYSE: CEL) (TASE: CEL) has announced an agreement with Netflix for the distribution of Netflix's services in Israel, including through direct access to the Netflix services from the Cellcom tv platform.
News categories: Cellcom, Digital TV, Israel, Streaming
Cellcom Israel announces 200,000 Cellcom TV households
Jul 18, 2018 – Cellcom Israel (NYSE: CEL) (TASE: CEL) has announced approximately 200,000 households have joined its Cellcom tv services. Cellcom entered the market with its Cellcom tv OTT offering in December 2014.
News categories: Cellcom, Nir Sztern, Digital TV, Israel, Streaming, Subscribers
150,000 TV subscribers for Cellcom Israel
Sep 4, 2017 – Cellcom Israel (NYSE: CEL) (TASE: CEL) has announced that in less than three years around 150,000 households have joined its Cellcom tv services, representing approximately 10% of the TV households in Israel.
News categories: Cellcom, Nir Sztern, Digital TV, Israel, Mobile, Subscribers
Cellcom tv launches in Israel
Dec 29, 2014 – Cellcom (NYSE; TASE: CEL) has announced the launch of 'Cellcom tv', its TV over the internet service, in Israel. 'Cellcom tv' combines DTT channels and Video on Demand with advanced features and viewing capabilities.
News categories: Cellcom Israel, Digital TV, Israel, Streaming, Terrestrial
Cellcom Israel to offer OTT TV service
Jun 17, 2014 – Cellcom Israel (NYSE: CEL) (TASE: CEL) has announced that it has decided to enter the field of television services over the internet (known as Over the Top TV, or OTT TV).
News categories: Cellcom Israel, Nir Sztern, Gilad Erdan, Digital TV, Israel, Streaming
Nsight Telservices to Complete Its Triple Play Service Offering with Nortel's End-to-End IPTV Solution
Aug 28, 2007 – Nsight Telservices, a midwestern U.S. regional telecommunications provider, is increasing entertainment options for its customers with an IPTV solution from Nortel [NYSE/TSX: NT].
News categories: Digital TV, IPTV, USA
- Xfinity Stream app launches on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
- Tencent Video available in NetRange Smart TV app store
- Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
- izzi adds anti-piracy and extended threat defense technologies from Verimatrix
- MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
- AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
- Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
- Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
- NextGen TV launches in Shreveport, LA
- Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience
- Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
- Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
- SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
- U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
- SES-22 to launch on June 29th
- Euronews added to ZEASN's FAST service for smart TVs
- Orange to integrate DAZN sports in Spain
- BuyDRM to provide streaming security for Samsung TV Plus
- MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24 successfully placed into orbit
- Horizon Media to trial Comscore Local TV measurement data