Digital TV News: Chad Lucien
CEVA MotionEngine Smart TV software part of LG webOS
Feb 24, 2021 – CEVA (NASDAQ: CEVA) has announced that, with LG, it has expanded licensing of its Freespace MotionEngine Smart TV software technology to include 3rd party TV brands running LG's webOS smart TV platform.
News categories: CEVA, LG Electronics, Chad Lucien, Lee Sang-woo, Digital TV, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
CEVA acquires Hillcrest Labs
Jul 22, 2019 – CEVA (NASDAQ: CEVA) has announced the acquisition of Hillcrest Labs from InterDigital. Hillcrest Labs is a leading global supplier of software and components for sensor processing in consumer and IoT devices.
News categories: CEVA, Hillcrest Labs, Gideon Wertheizer, Chad Lucien, MandA, UX, Worldwide
LG renews license to use Hillcrest motion technology in its remotes
Feb 20, 2019 – InterDigital (NASDAQ:IDCC) has announced that LG has extended its license to use Hillcrest Labs' Freespace MotionEngine software in its Smart TVs. Freespace MotionEngine enables the point-and-click and motion control features of the LG Magic Remote.
News categories: Hillcrest Labs, LG Electronics, Chad Lucien, Digital TV, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Hillcrest Labs brings motion, gesture and cursor control to Skyworth smart TVs
Oct 6, 2014 – Hillcrest Labs has announced that Skyworth will use Hillcrest's motion software in a line of Smart TVs. Hillcrest's software will enable motion, gesture and cursor control of content and apps on Skyworth's Android-based TVs.
News categories: Hillcrest Labs, Skyworth, Chad Lucien, Meng Wang, Android TV, Apps, China, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV
Hillcrest motion, gesture and cursor control for Hisense smart TVs and set-tops
Sep 4, 2013 – Hillcrest Labs and Hisense have announced a strategic partnership by which Hisense will deploy Hillcrest's patented Freespace® in-air pointing and motion control software in its next-generation of Smart TVs and Pulse set-top boxes.
News categories: Hillcrest Labs, Hisense, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Hillcrest Labs Brings Motion Control to Intel Set-Top Box Reference Kit
Mar 19, 2013 – Hillcrest Labs has announced that Intel's newest reference design kit for IPTV set-top boxes (STBs) and media servers will use Hillcrest's patented Freespace® in-air pointing and motion control technology.
News categories: Hillcrest Labs, Intel Corp, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Hillcrest Labs Selected by TCL to Bring Motion, Gesture and Cursor Control to Android™-Powered Smart TVs
May 23, 2012 – Hillcrest Labs has announced that TCL Multimedia (SZSE: 000100) is using Hillcrest's patented Freespace® motion software for TCL's Android™-based Smart TVs, including its flagship V7500 Android 4.03 Smart TV, and motion sensing remotes.
News categories: Hillcrest Labs, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV
Hillcrest Labs Unveils Low Cost, Embedded Motion-Control System for Connected TVs
Jan 5, 2011 – Hillcrest Labs has announced a new low cost, embedded motion-control system for TV manufacturers. The new turnkey solution is designed to support new motion pointing and gesture-enabled user interfaces. It will be showcased at the CES show.
News categories: Hillcrest Labs, Broadcom, CES2023, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor
Hillcrest Labs Introduces Kylo™: The Web Browser for Television
Mar 22, 2010 – Hillcrest Labs has launched the Kylo™ browser - a web browser for TV. Developed for households that connect their PCs or Macs to the TV, Kylo lets users visit any site on the web with a browser that was specifically designed to be viewed from a distance.
News categories: Hillcrest Labs, Smart Home, Software, Streaming
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set