Digital TV News: Chad Lucien
CEVA acquires Hillcrest Labs
Jul 22, 2019 – CEVA (NASDAQ: CEVA) has announced the acquisition of Hillcrest Labs from InterDigital. Hillcrest Labs is a leading global supplier of software and components for sensor processing in consumer and IoT devices.
News categories: CEVA, Hillcrest Labs, Gideon Wertheizer, Chad Lucien, MnA, UX, Worldwide
LG renews license to use Hillcrest motion technology in its remotes
Feb 20, 2019 – InterDigital (NASDAQ:IDCC) has announced that LG has extended its license to use Hillcrest Labs' Freespace MotionEngine software in its Smart TVs. Freespace MotionEngine enables the point-and-click and motion control features of the LG Magic Remote.
News categories: Hillcrest Labs, LG Electronics, Chad Lucien, Digital TV, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Hillcrest Labs brings motion, gesture and cursor control to Skyworth smart TVs
Oct 6, 2014 – Hillcrest Labs has announced that Skyworth will use Hillcrest's motion software in a line of Smart TVs. Hillcrest's software will enable motion, gesture and cursor control of content and apps on Skyworth's Android-based TVs.
News categories: Hillcrest Labs, Skyworth, Chad Lucien, Meng Wang, Android TV, Apps, China, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV
Hillcrest motion, gesture and cursor control for Hisense smart TVs and set-tops
Sep 4, 2013 – Hillcrest Labs and Hisense have announced a strategic partnership by which Hisense will deploy Hillcrest's patented Freespace® in-air pointing and motion control software in its next-generation of Smart TVs and Pulse set-top boxes.
News categories: Hillcrest Labs, Hisense, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Hillcrest Labs Brings Motion Control to Intel Set-Top Box Reference Kit
Mar 19, 2013 – Hillcrest Labs has announced that Intel's newest reference design kit for IPTV set-top boxes (STBs) and media servers will use Hillcrest's patented Freespace® in-air pointing and motion control technology.
News categories: Hillcrest Labs, Intel Corp, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Hillcrest Labs Selected by TCL to Bring Motion, Gesture and Cursor Control to Android™-Powered Smart TVs
May 23, 2012 – Hillcrest Labs has announced that TCL Multimedia (SZSE: 000100) is using Hillcrest's patented Freespace® motion software for TCL's Android™-based Smart TVs, including its flagship V7500 Android 4.03 Smart TV, and motion sensing remotes.
News categories: Hillcrest Labs, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV
Hillcrest Labs Unveils Low Cost, Embedded Motion-Control System for Connected TVs
Jan 5, 2011 – Hillcrest Labs has announced a new low cost, embedded motion-control system for TV manufacturers. The new turnkey solution is designed to support new motion pointing and gesture-enabled user interfaces. It will be showcased at the CES show.
News categories: Hillcrest Labs, Broadcom, CES2021, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor
Hillcrest Labs Introduces Kylo™: The Web Browser for Television
Mar 22, 2010 – Hillcrest Labs has launched the Kylo™ browser - a web browser for TV. Developed for households that connect their PCs or Macs to the TV, Kylo lets users visit any site on the web with a browser that was specifically designed to be viewed from a distance.
News categories: Hillcrest Labs, OTT, Smart Home, Software
- izzi deploys Android TV custom launcher from Mirada
- Bedrock streaming technology powers Salto
- NEXTGEN TV launches on six local TV stations in Mobile-Pensacola
- Comscore ad marketplace for Connected TV goes global
- Foxtel selects TiVo to power voice search
- Applicaster technology stack accelerates video app development
- AT&T U.S. down 627k; Vrio up 229k video subs in 3Q 2020
- Q1-Q3 2020 Smart TV sales up 14% in Germany
- Technicolor teams with Google to promote hybrid Android TV devices
- Gamut selects iSpot ACR for TV ad measurement
- BitRouter releases ATSC3pro receiver software update
- Deutsche TV-Plattform launches CI+ 2.0 initiative
- Ultra HD Forum updates Guidelines and plans watermarking API
- WarnerMedia RIDE streaming comes to AT&T-connected GM vehicles
- U.S. has close to 300 OTT video services
- ENENSYS ATSC 3.0 solution deployed by SEI and VSatcast
- Sinclair acquires two TV stations in Washington, DC
- FreeWheel releases H1 2020 U.S. Video Marketplace Report
- Eutelsat selected by Kabelio for new Swiss HD platform
- RCN, Grande and Wave launch TiVo Stream 4K