Digital TV News: China Telecom
Two-thirds of pay TV operators to grow subscribers
Jun 8, 2020 – Two-thirds of the world’s pay TV operators will gain subscribers between 2019 and 2025, according to a Digital TV Research report. The report finds that 59% will also increase their revenues over the same period.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Growth in IPTV subscriptions to sustain pay TV market in China
Sep 26, 2019 – GlobalData expects that between 2018 and 2023 robust growth in IPTV subscriptions in China will help offset subscription losses in cable TV and sustain market growth. Total telecom and pay-TV services revenue is poised to grow at a CAGR of 2.0% over the period.
News categories: GlobalData, Deepa Dhingra, China, Digital TV, Market Research
Global Smart Home market to surpass $100 billion in 2019
Sep 25, 2019 – Strategy Analytics projects that consumer spending on smart home related hardware, services and installation fees will reach $103 billion in 2019 and grow to $157 billion by 2023. The company predicts that spending on devices will account for 54% of the total in 2019.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Jack Narcotta, Bill Ablondi, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
ZTE and China Telecom show 5G 8K+VR at MWC Shanghai 2019
Jun 28, 2019 – ZTE (0763.HK/000063.SZ) and China Telecom have demonstrated 5G 8K+VR at MWC Shanghai. Images and data were captured by an 8K VR 360° camera and transmitted via a 5G network, allowing visitors, wearing VR glasses, to enjoy an immersive viewing experience.
News categories: ZTE, China Telecom, 5G, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, In-Car, MWC20, VR
Androidmov Technology unveils IPTV UX software
Dec 13, 2018 – Androidmov Technology has unveiled its next generation IPTV desktop, which is now put into use, in Chengdu. It shows that the company's full-stack front-end desktop system, based on clouding design and a mixed structure of smart EPG+H5, is mature.
News categories: Androidmov, Dai Cong, Chen Yijun, China, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, UX
Revenues at top 10 pay TV operators to drop $20 billion
Apr 23, 2018 – Despite adding 84 million subscribers between 2017 and 2023, subscription and PPV revenues for the world’s top 517 pay TV operators will fall by $18 billion to $183 billion, according to Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Worldwide
Telecom revenue growth muted in 2017
Dec 20, 2017 – Despite unabated network usage, global telecom revenue is on track to grow just 1.1 percent in 2017 over the prior year, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO). Global economic growth prospects, meanwhile, are looking up.
News categories: IHS Markit, Stéphane Téral, Michael Howard, Big Data, Market Research, Worldwide
IPTV market to grow at a CAGR of almost 16% to 2021
Jul 27, 2017 – Technavio analysts have forecast that the global IPTV market will grow at a CAGR of almost 16% during the period 2017-2021, as the percentage of the world's population with broadband internet access rises over the upcoming years.
News categories: Technavio, Ujjwal Doshi, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Worldwide
Top 50 operators take two-thirds of global pay TV subs
Jul 10, 2017 – Pay TV subscriptions for 522 operators reached 839 million in 2016 – or 87% of the 959 million global subscribers, and the top 50 operators accounted for two-thirds of the total, according to Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Worldwide
- izzi deploys Android TV custom launcher from Mirada
- Bedrock streaming technology powers Salto
- NEXTGEN TV launches on six local TV stations in Mobile-Pensacola
- Comscore ad marketplace for Connected TV goes global
- Foxtel selects TiVo to power voice search
- Applicaster technology stack accelerates video app development
- AT&T U.S. down 627k; Vrio up 229k video subs in 3Q 2020
- Q1-Q3 2020 Smart TV sales up 14% in Germany
- Technicolor teams with Google to promote hybrid Android TV devices
- Gamut selects iSpot ACR for TV ad measurement
- BitRouter releases ATSC3pro receiver software update
- Deutsche TV-Plattform launches CI+ 2.0 initiative
- Ultra HD Forum updates Guidelines and plans watermarking API
- WarnerMedia RIDE streaming comes to AT&T-connected GM vehicles
- U.S. has close to 300 OTT video services
- ENENSYS ATSC 3.0 solution deployed by SEI and VSatcast
- Sinclair acquires two TV stations in Washington, DC
- FreeWheel releases H1 2020 U.S. Video Marketplace Report
- Eutelsat selected by Kabelio for new Swiss HD platform
- RCN, Grande and Wave launch TiVo Stream 4K