Digital TV News: Chips&Media
Access Advance adds further patent owners
Aug 2, 2022 – Access Advance has announced recent additions to its list of patent owners (i.e., Licensors) participating in the VVC Advance Patent Pool.
News categories: Access Advance, Pete Moller, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Patent, Worldwide
Chips&Media IPs achieve 1 billion cumulative shipments milestone
Aug 9, 2021 – Chips&Media has achieved 1 billion cumulative shipments of ICs containing its multimedia IPs. Chips&Media has launched numerous video codec hardware IPs since its establishment in 2003.
News categories: Chips&Media, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Worldwide
Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
Jan 14, 2021 – Chips&Media has shared plans for its WAVE6 series of video codec IPs. The company is changing from a frame pipeline to an on-the-fly architecture to deliver ultra-low latency while providing maximum efficiencies.
News categories: Chips&Media, Digital TV, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Goke Microelectronics licenses Chips&Media video codec IP
Oct 11, 2016 – Chips&Media has announced a partnership with Goke Microelectronics, a Chinese SoC provider. The partnership combines the strengths of two industry leaders to deliver multimedia SoCs for consumer and industrial applications.
News categories: Chips&Media, Goke Micro, Steve Kim, Jeffery Jiang, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Chips&Media releases first AVS2 decoder IP
Sep 1, 2016 – Chips&Media has announced its AVS2 hardware decoder IP, WAVE515. AVS2 was officially released on May 2016 as the Chinese next-generation video standard for Ultra HD broadcasting. WAVE515 is the industry’s first AVS2 decoder.
News categories: Chips&Media, Wang Banghu, China, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
Chips&Media launches 2nd generation VP9/HEVC decoder IP
Jul 11, 2016 – Chips&Media has announced that they have completed development of their 2nd generation VP9 and HEVC(H.265) multi-format Decoder IP - WAVE512 which is now available to customers.
News categories: Chips&Media, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Chips&Media releases HEVC decoder IP
May 3, 2016 – Chips&Media has announced the release of the 2nd-generation UHD (4K/8K) HEVC decoder IP called WAVE510. This is the first rollout of the new WAVE5 series based on a brand-new architecture.
News categories: Chips&Media, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Chips&Media-powered video SoC shipments reach 140 million units
Apr 20, 2016 – Chips&Media has announced that SoCs embedded with its video core shipped over 140 million units in 2015.
News categories: Chips&Media, Market Research, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Chips&Media licenses VP9/HEVC decoder IP to Nexell and five others
Feb 17, 2016 – Chips&Media has announced that six SoC makers have licensed its WAVE412 Multi-format Decoder IP. WAVE412 is world’s first VP9 and HEVC combo decoder IP in a single core with a super compact size.
News categories: Nexell, Chips&Media, Neo Kang, Digital TV, Korea, Media Player, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Worldwide
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028
- Qvest becomes European League of Football FAST playout partner
- Wyplay acquires iFeelSmart
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027