Digital TV News: Christine Heckart
Alcatel-Lucent provides Vodafone Portugal IPTV details
Sep 21, 2009 – The Vodafone (London:VOD) 'Casa TV' IPTV service in Portugal re-uses the network architecture developed with Alcatel-Lucent (Paris, NYSE: ALU) for providing broadband and voice services. The middleware and DRM are Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) products.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, Vodafone, Gianluca Baini, Jorge Bento, Christine Heckart, Content Distribution, DRM, IPTV, Middleware, Portugal
Sigma Designs and Microsoft Collaborate on Advanced IPTV System-on-a-Chip for Microsoft Mediaroom
Apr 14, 2008 – Sigma Designs (Nasdaq:SIGM) and Microsoft (Nasdaq:MSFT) have announced a collaboration to enable the Microsoft Mediaroom IPTV and multimedia platform to operate on next-generation set-top boxes using the new Sigma SMP8654 SoC.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Microsoft Mediaroom, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, NABShow, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
MTS Allstream to Work With Microsoft and Alcatel-Lucent to Introduce Enhanced Broadband Internet and TV Services
Jan 17, 2008 – MTS Allstream has announced that it will move forward with steps to introduce next generation high-speed Internet and TV services to Manitoba customers, with more HDTV offerings, PVR and DVR functionality, improved guide features and other advances.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, Microsoft, MTS Allstream, Alex Giosa, Christine Heckart, Kelvin Shepherd, Canada, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Middleware
Broadcom and Microsoft Collaborate on Next-Generation IPTV System-on-a-Chip
Jan 6, 2008 – The collaboration includes Microsoft and Broadcom working together to enable the popular Microsoft Mediaroom™ IPTV client software to operate on next-generation set-top boxes (STBs) utilizing the Broadcom® BCM7405 system on a chip (SOC).
News categories: Microsoft, Broadcom, BT TV, In-Stat, Christine Heckart, Richard Nelson, Richard Griffiths, Michelle Abraham, CES2022, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Alcatel-Lucent becomes supplier and network integrator of IPTV solution for du in UAE
Nov 12, 2007 – Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) has announced that it has signed a frame agreement with du, the UAE's second telecom operator, for its upcoming Internet protocol television (IPTV) deployment based on the award-winning Microsoft Mediaroom IPTV and multimedia platform.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, Microsoft, 'du', Olivier Picard, Christine Heckart, Osman Sultan, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Media Player, Middleware, UAE
- Kineton and SmarDTV demonstrate OpApp & CAM at 9th HbbTV Symposium
- Irdeto launches CAM-based HbbTV OpApp solution
- South African government provides update on analogue switch-off
- Nielsen to enhance TV measurement with individual commercial metrics
- DVB releases first 8K UHD video delivery specifications
- TV shipments expected to undergo 12.4% YoY decline in 2H 2021
- Megacable selects STB management solution from Axiros
- Orange Belgium in negotiations with Nethys to acquire 75% of VOO SA
- One million Android TV Operator Tier deployments for Mirada
- MediaTek 8K TV SoC first in 7-nanometer at TSMC
- In-person IBC 2021 cancelled
- CommScope selected to provide Foxtel's iQ5 streaming STB
- Vestel migrates Smart TVs to EPG metadata from Simply.TV
- Prime Video now available to Movistar+ customers
- Crackle Plus improves content discoverability with Gracenote
- MediaTek launches Pentonic smart TV family with 8K 120Hz IC
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost around 650,000 subscribers in 3Q 2021
- 24i powers launch of Cinessance in North America
- Broadpeak cancels in-person participation at IBC
- M3 selects XroadMedia for personalized OTT service in Russia