Digital TV News: Christine Heckart
Alcatel-Lucent provides Vodafone Portugal IPTV details
Sep 21, 2009 – The Vodafone (London:VOD) 'Casa TV' IPTV service in Portugal re-uses the network architecture developed with Alcatel-Lucent (Paris, NYSE: ALU) for providing broadband and voice services. The middleware and DRM are Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) products.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, Vodafone, Gianluca Baini, Jorge Bento, Christine Heckart, Content Distribution, DRM, IPTV, Middleware, Portugal
Sigma Designs and Microsoft Collaborate on Advanced IPTV System-on-a-Chip for Microsoft Mediaroom
Apr 14, 2008 – Sigma Designs (Nasdaq:SIGM) and Microsoft (Nasdaq:MSFT) have announced a collaboration to enable the Microsoft Mediaroom IPTV and multimedia platform to operate on next-generation set-top boxes using the new Sigma SMP8654 SoC.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Microsoft Mediaroom, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, NABShow, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
MTS Allstream to Work With Microsoft and Alcatel-Lucent to Introduce Enhanced Broadband Internet and TV Services
Jan 17, 2008 – MTS Allstream has announced that it will move forward with steps to introduce next generation high-speed Internet and TV services to Manitoba customers, with more HDTV offerings, PVR and DVR functionality, improved guide features and other advances.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, Microsoft, MTS Allstream, Alex Giosa, Christine Heckart, Kelvin Shepherd, Canada, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Middleware
Broadcom and Microsoft Collaborate on Next-Generation IPTV System-on-a-Chip
Jan 6, 2008 – The collaboration includes Microsoft and Broadcom working together to enable the popular Microsoft Mediaroom™ IPTV client software to operate on next-generation set-top boxes (STBs) utilizing the Broadcom® BCM7405 system on a chip (SOC).
News categories: Microsoft, Broadcom, BT TV, In-Stat, Christine Heckart, Richard Nelson, Richard Griffiths, Michelle Abraham, CES, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Alcatel-Lucent becomes supplier and network integrator of IPTV solution for du in UAE
Nov 12, 2007 – Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) has announced that it has signed a frame agreement with du, the UAE's second telecom operator, for its upcoming Internet protocol television (IPTV) deployment based on the award-winning Microsoft Mediaroom IPTV and multimedia platform.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, Microsoft, 'du', Olivier Picard, Christine Heckart, Osman Sultan, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Media Player, Middleware, UAE
- Proximus selects Velocix CDN to scale Pickx
- JW Player first with support for Open Measurement video ads
- Magnite finds 91% of TV viewers in LatAm watch streaming TV weekly
- Broadpeak CDN selection tool available in AWS Marketplace
- Bitmovin raises $25 million of Series C funding
- XroadMedia powers search and recommendations at Delta Fiber Nederland
- Rakuten TV to roll out 20 channels on Samsung TV Plus
- 75% of TVs sold in Germany in Q1 were UHD capable
- SoftAtHome deploys Disney+ on Orange France STBs
- ZEASN announces content monetization partners for WhaleLive
- Innovid enables programmatic interactive CTV ad buying at scale
- Bitcentral enables Dynamic Ad Insertion for Cowles Broadcasting on NewsON
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers at 7.5 million
- SpotX expands privacy-compliant CTV audience data tools
- Stoneroos improves set-top box UI for Delta and Caiway
- Hologram dining experience opens in London and Edinburgh
- VTR selects Media Distillery recording time correction technology
- Nilesat chooses ATEME video processing for two projects
- Facebook Watch TV app available for Vewd-enabled devices
- Western Europe to have 234 million SVOD subscriptions in 2026