Digital TV News: Christine Heckart
Alcatel-Lucent provides Vodafone Portugal IPTV details
Sep 21, 2009 – The Vodafone (London:VOD) 'Casa TV' IPTV service in Portugal re-uses the network architecture developed with Alcatel-Lucent (Paris, NYSE: ALU) for providing broadband and voice services. The middleware and DRM are Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) products.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, Vodafone, Gianluca Baini, Jorge Bento, Christine Heckart, Content Distribution, DRM, IPTV, Middleware, Portugal
Sigma Designs and Microsoft Collaborate on Advanced IPTV System-on-a-Chip for Microsoft Mediaroom
Apr 14, 2008 – Sigma Designs (Nasdaq:SIGM) and Microsoft (Nasdaq:MSFT) have announced a collaboration to enable the Microsoft Mediaroom IPTV and multimedia platform to operate on next-generation set-top boxes using the new Sigma SMP8654 SoC.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Microsoft Mediaroom, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, NABShow, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
MTS Allstream to Work With Microsoft and Alcatel-Lucent to Introduce Enhanced Broadband Internet and TV Services
Jan 17, 2008 – MTS Allstream has announced that it will move forward with steps to introduce next generation high-speed Internet and TV services to Manitoba customers, with more HDTV offerings, PVR and DVR functionality, improved guide features and other advances.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, Microsoft, MTS Allstream, Alex Giosa, Christine Heckart, Kelvin Shepherd, Canada, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Middleware
Broadcom and Microsoft Collaborate on Next-Generation IPTV System-on-a-Chip
Jan 6, 2008 – The collaboration includes Microsoft and Broadcom working together to enable the popular Microsoft Mediaroom™ IPTV client software to operate on next-generation set-top boxes (STBs) utilizing the Broadcom® BCM7405 system on a chip (SOC).
News categories: Microsoft, Broadcom, BT TV, In-Stat, Christine Heckart, Richard Nelson, Richard Griffiths, Michelle Abraham, CES2023, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Alcatel-Lucent becomes supplier and network integrator of IPTV solution for du in UAE
Nov 12, 2007 – Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) has announced that it has signed a frame agreement with du, the UAE's second telecom operator, for its upcoming Internet protocol television (IPTV) deployment based on the award-winning Microsoft Mediaroom IPTV and multimedia platform.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, Microsoft, 'du', Olivier Picard, Christine Heckart, Osman Sultan, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Media Player, Middleware, UAE
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set