Digital TV News: Coby Sella
MediaTek selects Sansa Security for mobile processors
Jun 22, 2015 – Sansa Security has announced that Sansa Silicon for TrustZone has been selected by MediaTek for use in its mobile processors. Sansa Silicon provides tools for a variety of security scenarios, including device integrity, HD content, encryption and provisioning.
News categories: Sansa Security, MediaTek, Coby Sella, Jeffrey Ju, Content Protection, Mobile, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Discretix content protection shipped in more than 250 million devices
Mar 31, 2014 – Discretix has announced that the widespread deployment of HD content and OTT services has led to a rapid adoption of its hardware assisted DRM and link protection solutions.
News categories: Discretix, Coby Sella, Content Protection, DRM, Market Research, Worldwide
Discretix and VisualOn Introduce SecurePlayer 2.0 at NAB Show
Apr 4, 2013 – Discretix and VisualOn have announced the release of SecurePlayer™ 2.0 at the NAB Show. SecurePlayer 2.0 is a media player for smartphones and tablets offering DRM security and high-quality video and audio playback for protected content.
News categories: Discretix, VisualOn, DRM, Media Player, Mobile, NABShow, OTT, Smartphone, Tablet
Discretix Content Protection Incorporated in Qualcomm's Snapdragon StudioAccess™ Technology
Jun 25, 2012 – Discretix has announced that its DRM and Link Protection have been incorporated into Qualcomm's (Nasdaq: QCOM) Snapdragon StudioAccess™ technology. The combination transforms any mobile device into a personal media center with the ability to securely share and view premium content.
News categories: Discretix, Qualcomm, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Mobile, OTT, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smart Home, Smartphone
Skyviia Selects Discretix Hardware-Assisted DRM For Hybrid Set-Top Boxes SoCs
Apr 4, 2011 – Discretix has announced that Skyviia has chosen Discretix' Multi-Scheme DRM Client and CryptoCell embedded security platform for integration into its SoCs for hybrid set-top boxes.
News categories: Discretix, Skyviia, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, NABShow, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP
Gemtek Licenses Discretix Multi-Scheme DRM Client with Microsoft® PlayReady® Support
Feb 16, 2011 – Discretix has announced that Gemtek Technology has licensed its Multi-Scheme DRM Client with Microsoft PlayReady® support for Android based pocket-size smart TV box.
News categories: Discretix, Gemtek, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, MWC20, OTT, Set Top Box
Zoran Demonstrates Highest Image and Video Quality Processor for Multimedia Camera Phones
Feb 16, 2009 – Zoran (Nasdaq: ZRAN) announced the demonstration of its APPROACH® 7 multimedia processor, delivering a new level of quality camera experience, HD video capture and playback, and 2D/3D graphics to the multimedia mobile phone market, at the Mobile World Congress 2009.
News categories: Zoran, Camcorder, Mobile, MWC20, Semiconductor
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- FCC proposed rule change to support ATSC 3.0 distributed transmission
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Velocix introduces CDN software for 5G video streaming
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation
- COVID-19 pandemic to reduce global TV brand shipments by 5.8% in 2020
- Six million viewers for Italy's tivùsat
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues