Digital TV News: DNA
SeaChange launches content monetization platform for Connected TVs
Jan 4, 2023 – SeaChange (NASDAQ: SEAC) has announced the launch of the SeaChange Xstream platform, a cloud-based content monetization platform helping OEMs and content owners maximize advertising revenue on Connected TVs.
News categories: SeaChange, Chris Klimmer, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
3SS and P3 partner for in-car entertainment on Android Automotive OS
Oct 6, 2022 – 3SS and P3 have announced that they are co-developing an in-car infotainment system that includes an on-the-go video entertainment UX powering all in-car displays built on Google’s Android Automotive OS.
News categories: 3SS, P3 Digital Services, Adnan Ertural, Marius Mailat, Digital TV, In-Car, UX, Worldwide
THEOplayer adds support for MPEG-5 LCEVC
Sep 7, 2022 – THEO Technologies and V-Nova have announced that THEO Technologies' THEOplayer will support the MPEG-5 LCEVC codec enhancement. MPEG-5 LCEVC offers 40% lower bitrates, saving delivery cost while reducing encoding compute and energy consumption.
News categories: V-Nova, THEO Technologies, Guido Meardi, Steven Tielemans, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2023, Media Player, Worldwide
Beenius brings Android TV to BH Telecom's MojaTV
Aug 31, 2022 – Beenius has announces the extension of its contract with BH Telecom. BH Telecom has chosen to enhance its portfolio of products and services by offering Android TV on its MojaTV IPTV service.
News categories: Beenius, BH Telecom, Edgeware, Verimatrix, Filip Remškar, Adnan Huremović, Johan Bolin, Asaf Ashkenazi, Android TV, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box
Vault AI selects Whip Media global audience engagement data
Aug 18, 2022 – Vault AI will be using user level data from TV Time, Whip Media's TV show and movie tracking app, to expand its global content data and add more granularity to how content and characters impact audience demand, affinity and emotional response.
News categories: Whip Media, Vault AI, Vincent Muscarella, David Stiff, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
Play Group acquires 92.5% of Redge Technologies
Jul 7, 2022 – The Play Group (part of iliad) has acquired 92.5% of Redge Technologies. The residual 7.5% remains with Przemysław Frasunek, CEO and Co-Founder of the company. In 2021, Redge Technologies had revenues in excess of €7.5 million.
News categories: Redge Technologies, Play Group, Przemysław Frasunek, Tomasz Potapczuk, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, MandA, Poland, Streaming
Redge Technologies extends contract with TVN Warner Bros. Discovery
Jul 1, 2022 – Redge Technologies has extended its contract with TVN Warner Bros. Discovery for the licensing of the Redge Media SDP platform and the provision of Redge Media VDP services. Player.pl has been operating on the Redge Media platform since 2017.
News categories: Redge Technologies, Player.pl, Przemysław Frasunek, Maciej Gozdowski, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Poland, Streaming
DNA selects UEI for Android TV remote
Jun 20, 2022 – Universal Electronics (UEI) [NASDAQ: UEIC] has been selected by Finland's DNA to provide its Android TV remote control, UEI KITA. The remote features a slim rechargeable battery that makes the product thinner and easier to hold.
News categories: Universal Electronics, DNA, Kuldip Johal, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Finland, Set Top Box, UX
Fetch TV rolls out Mighty Gen 4 personal video recorder
May 2, 2022 – Fetch TV has begun rolling out its latest set-top box, the Mighty Gen 4 Personal Video Recorder (PVR). The Mighty Gen 4 PVR is powered by the latest chipset and Wi-Fi technology, and is an upgrade to the Mighty Gen 3 PVR.
News categories: Fetch TV, Scott Lorson, Adam Turner, Trevor Long, Stephen Fenech, Australia, Digital TV, DVR, Terrestrial
- AMC Networks launches ad-supported version of AMC+
- Xumo launches Pioneer Xumo TVs at Best Buy
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data