Digital TV News: Dan Marshall
Mexico's Multimedios uses video processing, distribution and storage from AWS
Jul 10, 2017 – Amazon Web Services has announced that Mexican broadcast network Multimedios Televisión has selected video processing, distribution and storage solutions from AWS Elemental and Amazon Web Services (AWS) for its online video content.
News categories: Elemental, Multimedios Televisión, Amazon Web Services, Dan Marshall, Rommel Valencia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mexico
Frontier Communications deploys Elemental video processing
Apr 18, 2017 – AWS Elemental has announced that Frontier Communications has chosen AWS Elemental video processing for its Vantage TV by Frontier live and on-demand video services.
News categories: Elemental, Frontier Communications, Dan Marshall, Steve Ward, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, USA
Globo.com selects Elemental to deliver 4K VOD
Feb 20, 2017 – Elemental Technologies has announced that Globo.com has selected its video processing to power its new 4K video-on-demand (VOD) services. The agreement expands the broadcaster’s existing Elemental deployment.
News categories: Elemental, Globo.com, Dan Marshall, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV
Elemental powers IP content delivery for NET in Brazil
Aug 18, 2016 – Elemental has announced that it is providing live video encoding and packaging solutions to NET in Brazil. The platform allows NET to deliver 40 IP-based channels to multiscreen devices, and to hybrid STBs alongside HD channels broadcast using DVB technology.
News categories: Elemental, NET, Dan Marshall, Marcio Carvalho, Brazil, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile
Elemental chosen for Globo Play OTT service in Brazil
Apr 11, 2016 – Elemental Technologies has announced that Globo is using Elemental video processing as the core video-on-demand (VOD) and live processing engine for its Globo Play over-the-top TV (OTT) service in Brazil.
News categories: Elemental, Globo, Dan Marshall, Marcelo Souza, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming
Elemental video processing for Indonesia's first commercial OTT service
May 31, 2015 – Elemental has announced it is enabling the Orange TV Group within PT Mega Media to expand its Genflix service availability on a variety of smart devices and to broaden content offers for subscribers across Indonesia.
News categories: Elemental, Orange TV, Irdeto, Genflix, Dan Marshall, Keith Wymbs, Bobby Sidharta, BroadcastAsia, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Indonesia, Streaming
Comcast selects Elemental to support advanced DVR services
Apr 7, 2015 – Elemental has announced that Comcast has selected its video processing software to power encoding for the X1 DVR with cloud technology which lets customers record TV shows and movies in the Comcast cloud to enjoy in the home or on-the-go across devices.
News categories: Elemental, Comcast, Dan Marshall, Jason Press, Cable TV, Content Distribution, NABShow, TV Everywhere, USA
Elemental chosen for Tata Sky 4K video service
Mar 19, 2015 – Elemental Technologies has announced that Tata Sky is using Elemental software to process Ultra HD live linear content in high-efficiency video coding (HEVC/H.265) for delivery to Tata Sky 4K-ready set-top boxes.
News categories: Elemental Technologies, Tata Sky, Dan Marshall, Harit Nagpal, Content Distribution, India, Satellite
Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
May 21, 2013 – Elemental Technologies has announced that Canby Telcom has chosen Elemental systems to help with creation of a channel on the Roku® streaming platform for over-the-top (OTT) delivery of local broadcast channels to subscribers.
News categories: Elemental Technologies, Canby Telcom, Roku, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere, USA
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification