Digital TV News: Dave Otten
JW Player acquires subscription and identity management provider InPlayer
Jan 17, 2023 – JW Player is acquiring InPlayer. The acquisition broadens JW Player’s video platform capabilities, helping broadcasters and other video-driven businesses monetize their subscription-based services and by providing audience insights.
News categories: JW Player, InPlayer, Dave Otten, Jeroen Wijering, Big Data, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming, Worldwide
JW Player and Applicaster launch integrated OTT app solution
Nov 17, 2021 – JW Player has partnered with Applicaster to launch an OTT app solution for broadcasters and content owners. The out-of-the-box solution enables content owners to launch custom OTT apps at scale without requiring any development.
News categories: JW Player, Applicaster, Dave Otten, Ido Hadari, Apps, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
JW Player raises $100m in Series E funding
Jun 24, 2021 – JW Player has announced that it has raised $100M in Series E funding from LLR Partners. The latest investment comes on the heels of record video streaming growth and strong profitability during the previous 12 months.
News categories: JW Player, LLR Partners, Dave Otten, David Reuter, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Private Equity, Streaming, Worldwide
JW Player acquires VUALTO
May 6, 2021 – JW Player has announced that it is acquiring VUALTO to complement its scalable video delivery offering with live streaming and DRM services for broadcasters. VUALTO will also expand JW Player’s customer base.
News categories: JW Player, VUALTO, Dave Otten, Camilla Young, DRM, MandA, Media Player, Worldwide
Float Left and JW Player offer integrated OTT solution for media companies
Mar 28, 2018 – Float Left has announced a partnership with JW Player. By leveraging JW Player's video delivery and intelligence technology, Float Left offers a complete OTT solution for content publishers and broadcasters worldwide.
News categories: Float Left, JW Player, Screen Media Ventures, Tom Schaeffer, Dave Otten, Ben Saxton, Apps, Digital TV, Mobile, NABShow, Streaming, USA
Opera TV join forces with JW Player
May 2, 2017 – Opera TV has announced JW Player as its newest Opera TV Snap partner. Together, Opera TV Snap and JW Player will enable JW Players’ over two million supported websites to package online video channels into ready-to-run TV apps.
News categories: Opera TV, JW Player, Daniel Nordberg, Dave Otten, Apps, Digital TV, Media Player, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars