Digital TV News: Dennis Lai
MStar bundles Wyplay Frog with hybrid STB chipset
Sep 8, 2016 – Wyplay and MStar Semi have announced that the Frog Client turnkey solution is integrated on MStar Hybrid STB chipset. This bundled offer may be extended to other MStar product in the future.
News categories: Wyplay, MStar Semi, Jacques Bourgninaud, Dennis Lai, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Cubiware middleware to be integrated with MStar STB SoCs
Jun 28, 2016 – Cubiware (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced its continued expansion in Asia with a new partnership with MStar Semiconductor. The collaboration will integrate MStar's Hybrid Set-Top Box chipset solution with the full-featured CubiTV Hybrid Middleware.
News categories: Cubiware, MStar Semi, Jakub Gorski, Dennis Lai, Asia, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
iWedia Linux-based software pre-integrated with MStar HD STB SoCs
Sep 14, 2015 – iWedia has announced that it has integrated its Linux-based Teatro-3.0 Set-Top Box (STB) software solution for IP-connected zappers on top of the latest chipset for connected HD STB from MStar Semiconductor.
News categories: iWedia, MStar Semi, Sunghoon Kim, Dennis Lai, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Thailand's TrueVisions selects MStar HD STB chipset
Dec 30, 2014 – MStar Semiconductor has announced that its MPEG-4 HD Set-Top-Box chipset has been selected by TrueVisions, Thailand's largest provider of subscription-based television serving through CATV and DSTV systems.
News categories: MStar Semi, TrueVisions, Dennis Lai, Vichai Sernvongsat, Cable TV, Digital TV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Thailand
MStar Semi adds OpenTV 5 support to Set-Top-Box platforms
Sep 10, 2014 – MStar Semiconductor has announced that its set-top box system-on-chip (STB SoC) solution driver is now validated for NAGRA OpenTV 5, the most powerful set-top box connectware from NAGRA.
News categories: MStar Semi, NAGRA, Dennis Lai, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
MStar Semi first to integrate Irdeto FlexiCore Processor technology
Sep 1, 2014 – MStar Semiconductor has announced that its latest set-top box system-on-chip (STB SoC) solution is now fully integrated with Irdeto’s Media Protection suite, most notably its newly-launched FlexiCore Processing technology.
News categories: MStar Semi, Irdeto, Dennis Lai, Peter Oggel, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Corpus Media middleware integrated with MStar SoCs
May 12, 2014 – MStar Semiconductor and Corpus Media Labs have come up with an integrated solution comprising of MStar K family of SoCs and Corpus’s iPlatform middleware and VAS value delivery platform.
News categories: MStar Semi, Corpus Media, Dennis Lai, Priyabrata Das, Digital TV, India, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
- VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
- Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
- rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
- 24i integrates Float Left Roku framework with its app platform
- Survey shows 27% of U.S. households plan to cut cable TV in 2021
- Cellnex Telecom selects Intertrust DRM for LOVEStv
- Synamedia integrates security and watermarking with Akamai
- Five-year CAGR of 1.1% for pay-TV revenues in Thailand