Digital TV News: Derek Choi
Amino software powers integration of pay TV and streaming at Now TV
Jun 21, 2022 – Amino has collaborated with Now TV in Hong Kong to integrate its IPTV service with OTT services such as HBO GO and Netflix. Amino Engage simplifies Now TV's device and app management while AminoOS enables a viewing experience that integrates OTT and IPTV.
News categories: Aferian, HKT, Donald McGarva, Derek Choi, Android TV, Digital TV, Hong Kong, IPTV, Set Top Box
Now TV introduces 'Now H1' Android TV box
May 24, 2022 – Now TV (SEHK:6823) has launched Now H1, a smart device that runs on the Android TV OS and enables Now H1 users to enjoy a world of entertainment with Now TV movies, drama, sports and edutainment, as well as all their favourite personal apps from Google Play.
News categories: HKT, Google, Now TV, Derek Choi, Michael Yue, Android TV, Digital TV, Hong Kong, IPTV, Set Top Box
Amino working with PCCW Media to renew Now TV UX
Jun 15, 2021 – Amino is working with PCCW Media to upgrade the UX of its Now TV service. PCCW Media will use the AminoOS STB software stack and Amino Engage, Amino’s SaaS service management solution.
News categories: Amino, PCCW, Donald McGarva, Derek Choi, Digital TV, Hong Kong, QoE, Set Top Box, UX
PCCW revamps Now TV with ContentWise personalization
Jan 11, 2021 – PCCW Media has selected ContentWise’s digital experience automation and personalization software, to revamp its IPTV and app user experience personalization infrastructure in Hong Kong.
News categories: ContentWise, PCCW, Paolo Bozzola, Derek Choi, Big Data, Digital TV, Hong Kong, IPTV, UX
Hong Kong's Now TV adds personalized home screens
Dec 22, 2020 – Now TV is taking its user interface to the next level with the addition of support for multiple users and personalized home screens that aggregate subscribed channels, VOD and PPV programs in one destination.
News categories: PCCW, Derek Choi, Digital TV, Hong Kong, IPTV, Set Top Box, UX
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
- U.S. consumers watch over six hours of video per week on their mobiles
- Semiconductor market expected to decline slightly in 2023
- 6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
- Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
- KONKA plans GCC region expansion
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management
- MASMEDIA TV selects StreamVX energy-efficient encoding
- Regional versions of BBC One HD to roll out in England by Spring 2023
- New TV apps for TF1 and RTBF powered by Dotscreen
- Redge Media CDN joins EPIX traffic exchange