Digital TV News: Digita Oy
Rohde & Schwarz and Digita complete DVB-T2 network upgrade in Finland
May 14, 2020 – In Finland, Rohde & Schwarz has announced the completion of a DVB-T2 terrestrial TV transmitter network upgrade that spans the entire country. Working with Digita, Rohde & Schwarz has supplied more than 80 UHF HD transmitters.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, Digita Oy, Manfred Reitmeier, Pekka Mattila, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Finland
DNA sells pay-DTT business to Digita
Jul 17, 2019 – DNA has agreed to sell its terrestrial TV network pay-TV business to Digita. DNA will continue its operations in cable and broadband. The transfer will take place on 1 January 2020. The parties will not be disclosing the sale price.
News categories: DNA Oy, Digita Oy, Pekka Väisänen, Digital TV, Finland, MandA, Terrestrial
Digita granted 10 year DTT licence for Finland
Jan 16, 2017 – The Finnish Government has granted television programming licences, for the UHF band multiplexes A-F, for Digita's terrestrial TV network for the forthcoming ten-year period. The licence term will begin on 17 May and end on 10 January 2027.
News categories: Digita Oy, Juha-Pekka Weckström, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Finland, Terrestrial
Digita to abandon DVB-H for DVB-T2 in Finland
Sep 8, 2011 – Digita Oy has welcomed the government of Finland's decision to change the licensing for the country's terrestrial broadcasting Multiplex D so that DVB-T2 can be used instead of the DVB-H format currently operated by Digita.
News categories: Digita Oy, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Finland, Mobile, Terrestrial
DNA to offer DVB-H mobile TV in Finland
Oct 8, 2009 – Finland's DNA has launched DVB-H mobile TV using the network operated by Digita. The service is starting by offering all viewers a free trial period.
News categories: Digita Oy, DNA Oy, Digital TV, Finland, Mobile
Digita Chooses Envivio Encoding for New DVB-H Service in Finland
Aug 13, 2009 – Envivio has announced that its Mobile Series™ video encoding platform has been installed by Digita Oy. The platform is being used to deliver ten channels of DVB-H encoded mobile television to be offered by mobile operators in Finland.
News categories: Envivio, Digita Oy, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Finland, IBCShowcase, Mobile
Finland's Digita to launch DVB-T2 broadcasting
Jun 10, 2009 – Digita Oy, the Finnish distributor of radio and television services, is to start DVB-T2 transmissions in early 2010, in time to show the Vancouver Winter Olympics in high definition (HD).
News categories: Digita Oy, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Finland, Terrestrial
Finland - Digita testing VODvision pushTV platform
Sep 8, 2008 – Digita, the operator of the Finnish Digital Terrestrial Network, has installed VODvision as a test platform for the introduction of pushTV services.
News categories: Digita Oy, VODvision, Content Distribution, Finland, IBCShowcase, OTT, Terrestrial
Finland - DTT roll-out schedule updated
Aug 22, 2007 – MTV, SWelcom and the Finnish National Broadcasting Company have made an agreement with Digita Oy for it to build a total of 48 sub-transmitters to enhance the visibility of digital television in different parts of Finland.
News categories: Digita Oy, Digital TV, Finland, Terrestrial
- WOWOW licenses AI powered transcoder from Ittiam
- Latin America to add 63 million SVOD subscriptions
- VisualOn launches WatchParty co-watching solution
- Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer first vehicles with Fire TV for Auto
- Amagi CLOUDPORTXpress enables linear OTT channel creation
- U.S. pay TV providers lost over 5 million subscribers in 2020
- OTT NOW! from Stoneroos powers SportsTribal
- OTT video streaming in APAC now reaches 392 million people
- Megacable launches OTT service powered by Viaccess-Orca
- No growth expected for Latin America pay TV
- More than 150 million smart speakers sold in 2020
- LG and Sony led OLED TV gains in advanced TV market in Q4
- 63% of TV viewers in the EU5 watch ad-supported streaming
- Slow growth for OTT pay TV in Latin America
- ATEME and NPAW offer free QoE analytics to their customers
- Australia pay TV market to decline at 2.6% CAGR over next five years
- MediaTek releases 4K Smart TV IC with integrated AI processing unit
- SpotX to monetize OTT inventory for Crackle Plus
- Kaltura files for Initial Public Offering
- ANGA COM 2021 switches to online