Digital TV News: Dr. Jong Kim
LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
Jan 13, 2021 – LG Electronics has announced its 2021 NEXTGEN TV lineup. Unveiled at Digital CES 2021, the new 4K and 8K Ultra HD TVs represent the powerful combination of LG OLED and NEXTGEN TV technologies.
News categories: LG Electronics, Dr. Jong Kim, ATSC 3, CES2022, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
LG first TV manufacturer to join Phoenix ATSC 3.0 ‘Model Market’
Apr 5, 2018 – LG Electronics will be a technology partner for the ATSC 3.0 'Model Market' project in Phoenix. LG is the first manufacturer to provide receivers for the project to show how Next Gen TV can be deployed while maintaining existing TV service for viewers.
News categories: LG Electronics, Pearl TV, Dr. Jong Kim, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
LG, MCV Demonstrate First LG Mobile Device Enabled to Receive Dyle™ Mobile TV
Apr 16, 2012 – Mobile Content Venture (MCV) and LG Electronics (KSE: 066570) are demonstrating a new LG Android smartphone with the Dyle™ mobile TV service, powered by MCV, at this week's National Association of Broadcasters' convention.
News categories: Dyle Mobile TV, LG Electronics, Mobile, NABShow, Smartphone
OMVC Issues Device Profiles For Mobile Digital TV Products
Sep 22, 2011 – The Open Mobile Video Coalition (OMVC) has developed a set of comprehensive Device Profile guidelines to assist consumer electronics manufacturers in developing Mobile DTV products.
News categories: Open Mobile Video Coalition, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Mobile, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
Siano Launches Advanced Receiver Chip for USA Mobile Digital TV
Oct 5, 2010 – Siano Mobile Silicon has announced the launch of a new product targeting the mobile TV market in the United States. Siano's SMS1530, which supports the ATSC A/153 Mobile Digital TV Standard, was developed in collaboration with LG Electronics.
News categories: Siano Mobile, LG Electronics, Digital TV, ICs, Mobile, Semiconductor, USA
Harris and LG Demonstrate Scalable Full-Channel Mobile DTV Technology
Apr 12, 2010 – Harris (NYSE: HRS) has taken the wraps off its latest technological innovation developed with LG Electronics (Seoul:066570) -- mobile digital television delivered in 'Scalable Full-Channel Mobile Mode.'
News categories: Harris Corp, LG Electronics, Digital TV, Mobile, NABShow, USA
LG Electronics Showcases Cell Phones Equipped With New ATSC-M/H Receiver Chip
Mar 24, 2010 – At CTIA Wireless, LG Electronics is demonstrating three prototype cell phone models that receive the new mobile DTV signals now being transmitted by nearly four dozen broadcast stations in the USA.
News categories: LG Electronics, Digital TV, ICs, Mobile, Semiconductor, USA
Expway and LG demonstrate mobile TV reference design at NAB 2009
Apr 20, 2009 – Two leading players in the nascent ATSC Mobile Digital Television (DTV) market have demonstrated an end-to-end, standards-based reference design aimed at accelerating the rollout of this promising technology.
News categories: Expway, LG Electronics, Middleware, Mobile, NABShow, Semiconductor, USA
WRAL to Broadcast Local Mobile Digital TV Signals
Jul 23, 2008 – Digital television pioneer WRAL and the CBC New Media Group are sponsoring North Carolina's first field test of mobile digital television (DTV) technology in the Raleigh-Durham television market.
News categories: Open Mobile Video Coalition, Capitol Broadcasting Company, Digital TV, Mobile, USA
- NEXTGEN TV comes to Grand Rapids, MI
- Polestar develops streaming app for Polestar 2 cars in Europe
- JW Player acquires VUALTO
- 3SS powers TCC Android TV service on SDMC STBs
- du partners with ATEME on OTT and DTH projects
- Beachfront completes OAR-compliant ad trial on VIZIO TVs
- Peach launches global ad distribution platform
- India sees huge headroom for growth in TV and digital
- Sinclair unifies ad sales with Operative Media
- Dominant share for MediaTek in smart speaker market
- Connected TV continues to drive U.S. digital video ad growth
- VBox announces ATSC 3.0 Android TV Gateway
- Small growth in global pay TV subscribers to 2026
- Brightcove powers Studio Mojo's ‘Koode’ OTT service
- Vivendi, Fininvest and Mediaset end their disputes
- fuboTV partners with LiveRamp on addressable ad targeting
- Verizon Media to be acquired by Apollo funds
- Stoneroos acquired by NEP The Netherlands
- AirConsole casual gaming for TrueID TV Box users in Thailand
- Charter residential video customers down 156,000 in 1Q 2021