Digital TV News: Dr. Jong Kim
LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
Jan 13, 2021 – LG Electronics has announced its 2021 NEXTGEN TV lineup. Unveiled at Digital CES 2021, the new 4K and 8K Ultra HD TVs represent the powerful combination of LG OLED and NEXTGEN TV technologies.
News categories: LG Electronics, Dr. Jong Kim, ATSC 3, CES2023, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
LG first TV manufacturer to join Phoenix ATSC 3.0 ‘Model Market’
Apr 5, 2018 – LG Electronics will be a technology partner for the ATSC 3.0 'Model Market' project in Phoenix. LG is the first manufacturer to provide receivers for the project to show how Next Gen TV can be deployed while maintaining existing TV service for viewers.
News categories: LG Electronics, Pearl TV, Dr. Jong Kim, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
LG, MCV Demonstrate First LG Mobile Device Enabled to Receive Dyle™ Mobile TV
Apr 16, 2012 – Mobile Content Venture (MCV) and LG Electronics (KSE: 066570) are demonstrating a new LG Android smartphone with the Dyle™ mobile TV service, powered by MCV, at this week's National Association of Broadcasters' convention.
News categories: Dyle Mobile TV, LG Electronics, Mobile, NABShow, Smartphone
OMVC Issues Device Profiles For Mobile Digital TV Products
Sep 22, 2011 – The Open Mobile Video Coalition (OMVC) has developed a set of comprehensive Device Profile guidelines to assist consumer electronics manufacturers in developing Mobile DTV products.
News categories: Open Mobile Video Coalition, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Mobile, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
Siano Launches Advanced Receiver Chip for USA Mobile Digital TV
Oct 5, 2010 – Siano Mobile Silicon has announced the launch of a new product targeting the mobile TV market in the United States. Siano's SMS1530, which supports the ATSC A/153 Mobile Digital TV Standard, was developed in collaboration with LG Electronics.
News categories: Siano Mobile, LG Electronics, Digital TV, ICs, Mobile, Semiconductor, USA
Harris and LG Demonstrate Scalable Full-Channel Mobile DTV Technology
Apr 12, 2010 – Harris (NYSE: HRS) has taken the wraps off its latest technological innovation developed with LG Electronics (Seoul:066570) -- mobile digital television delivered in 'Scalable Full-Channel Mobile Mode.'
News categories: Harris Corp, LG Electronics, Digital TV, Mobile, NABShow, USA
LG Electronics Showcases Cell Phones Equipped With New ATSC-M/H Receiver Chip
Mar 24, 2010 – At CTIA Wireless, LG Electronics is demonstrating three prototype cell phone models that receive the new mobile DTV signals now being transmitted by nearly four dozen broadcast stations in the USA.
News categories: LG Electronics, Digital TV, ICs, Mobile, Semiconductor, USA
Expway and LG demonstrate mobile TV reference design at NAB 2009
Apr 20, 2009 – Two leading players in the nascent ATSC Mobile Digital Television (DTV) market have demonstrated an end-to-end, standards-based reference design aimed at accelerating the rollout of this promising technology.
News categories: Expway, LG Electronics, Middleware, Mobile, NABShow, Semiconductor, USA
WRAL to Broadcast Local Mobile Digital TV Signals
Jul 23, 2008 – Digital television pioneer WRAL and the CBC New Media Group are sponsoring North Carolina's first field test of mobile digital television (DTV) technology in the Raleigh-Durham television market.
News categories: Open Mobile Video Coalition, Capitol Broadcasting Company, Digital TV, Mobile, USA
- SUPER RTL launch TOGGO multiscreen service enabled by 3SS
- 24i launches 24iQ personalization and recommendations service
- Great Wall Motor selects ACCESS-powered IVI system from BEAN TECH
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden