Digital TV News: Dr. Zhenyu Zhou
Actions Semi impacted by China's new OTT STB policy
Nov 30, 2015 – Actions Semiconductor (Nasdaq: ACTS) has reported results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2015. Revenue for the third quarter of 2015 was $13.0 million, as compared to revenue of $13.1 million for the third quarter of 2014.
News categories: Actions Semiconductor, Dr. Zhenyu Zhou, China, OTT, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Actions Semi launches 64-bit 4K OTT set-top box SoC
Nov 6, 2015 – Actions Semiconductor (Nasdaq: ACTS) has announced the launch of its GT7 chipset featuring 4K H.265 decoding, a quad-core 64-bit CPU and aquad-core GPU, targeting the over-the-top (OTT) set-top box market.
News categories: Actions Semi, Dr. Zhenyu Zhou, Digital TV, ICs, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Actions Semi debuts SoC for tablets and OTT set-tops
Oct 21, 2014 – Actions Semiconductor (Nasdaq: ACTS) has announced that it has debuted a quad-core application processor offering for the tablet and OTT set-top box markets at the Asia World-Expo in Hong Kong.
News categories: Actions Semiconductor, Dr. Zhenyu Zhou, China, Digital TV, ICs, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Tablet, Worldwide
Actions Semi licenses ARM Cortex-A50 for tablet and OTT STB SoCs
Jun 27, 2014 – Actions Semiconductor (Nasdaq: ACTS) and ARM (NASDAQ: ARMH) have signed a license agreement for the 64-bit ARM® Cortex®-A50 processor family. Actions plans to develop SoCs targeting the tablet and OTT set top box markets.
News categories: Actions Semi, ARM, Dr. Zhenyu Zhou, Allen Wu, Digital TV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Tablet, Worldwide
MIPS Technologies and Mavrix Technology Collaborate on Mobile SoC Development
Feb 10, 2010 – MIPS Technologies (Nasdaq:MIPS) and Mavrix Technology, a company developing SoCs for the Mobile Digital TV (MDTV) and portable multimedia markets, have announced that they are working together to develop a MIPS-Based™ applications processor.
News categories: MIPS Technologies, Mavrix, Digital TV, Mobile, MWC21, Portable, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Tablet
Mavrix Technology Licenses MIPS32® Synthesizable Processor
Mar 30, 2009 – MIPS Technologies (NasdaqGS: MIPS) has announced that Mavrix Technology, a fabless semiconductor company developing SoCs for Mobile Digital TV (MDTV) and portable multimedia markets, has licensed its MIPS32® 4KEc® synthesizable processor core.
News categories: MIPS Technologies, Mavrix Technology, Mobile, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Tablet
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Baltimore
- Zodiac integrates Agama device monitoring into its TV stack
- JW Player raises $100m in Series E funding
- Xandr adopts OpenAP's OpenID audience identifier
- ATEME provides video packaging and storage for AIS in Thailand
- KKStream launches Streaming-as-a-Service solutions
- Astro set-top boxes to include Netflix
- MediaKind powers UEFA Euro 2020 live coverage at MEO
- NAB shows home learning via ATSC 3.0 for students without internet
- U.S. consumers feeling pain of streaming service fragmentation
- Telefonica backs up Movistar+ infrastructure in the cloud with Harmonic
- Irdeto and INVIDI offer integrated addressable TV solution
- UEI providing Android TV remotes to Claro Colombia
- Tubi supports Unified ID 2.0 initiative
- Portugal adds 29,000 pay TV subscribers in 1Q 2021
- 'Go Addressable' TV advertising initiative launched in the U.S.
- Brightcove and ByteArk partner on OTT technology in Thailand
- ATEME powers converged headend at TCCL in India
- NexPlayer joins AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative
- VuClip integrates Bitmovin video encoder on Google Cloud