Digital TV News: Dr. Zhenyu Zhou
Actions Semi impacted by China's new OTT STB policy
Nov 30, 2015 – Actions Semiconductor (Nasdaq: ACTS) has reported results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2015. Revenue for the third quarter of 2015 was $13.0 million, as compared to revenue of $13.1 million for the third quarter of 2014.
News categories: Actions Semiconductor, Dr. Zhenyu Zhou, China, OTT, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Actions Semi launches 64-bit 4K OTT set-top box SoC
Nov 6, 2015 – Actions Semiconductor (Nasdaq: ACTS) has announced the launch of its GT7 chipset featuring 4K H.265 decoding, a quad-core 64-bit CPU and aquad-core GPU, targeting the over-the-top (OTT) set-top box market.
News categories: Actions Semi, Dr. Zhenyu Zhou, Digital TV, ICs, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Actions Semi debuts SoC for tablets and OTT set-tops
Oct 21, 2014 – Actions Semiconductor (Nasdaq: ACTS) has announced that it has debuted a quad-core application processor offering for the tablet and OTT set-top box markets at the Asia World-Expo in Hong Kong.
News categories: Actions Semiconductor, Dr. Zhenyu Zhou, China, Digital TV, ICs, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Tablet, Worldwide
Actions Semi licenses ARM Cortex-A50 for tablet and OTT STB SoCs
Jun 27, 2014 – Actions Semiconductor (Nasdaq: ACTS) and ARM (NASDAQ: ARMH) have signed a license agreement for the 64-bit ARM® Cortex®-A50 processor family. Actions plans to develop SoCs targeting the tablet and OTT set top box markets.
News categories: Actions Semi, ARM, Dr. Zhenyu Zhou, Allen Wu, Digital TV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Tablet, Worldwide
MIPS Technologies and Mavrix Technology Collaborate on Mobile SoC Development
Feb 10, 2010 – MIPS Technologies (Nasdaq:MIPS) and Mavrix Technology, a company developing SoCs for the Mobile Digital TV (MDTV) and portable multimedia markets, have announced that they are working together to develop a MIPS-Based™ applications processor.
News categories: MIPS Technologies, Mavrix, Digital TV, Mobile, MWC20, Portable, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Tablet
Mavrix Technology Licenses MIPS32® Synthesizable Processor
Mar 30, 2009 – MIPS Technologies (NasdaqGS: MIPS) has announced that Mavrix Technology, a fabless semiconductor company developing SoCs for Mobile Digital TV (MDTV) and portable multimedia markets, has licensed its MIPS32® 4KEc® synthesizable processor core.
News categories: MIPS Technologies, Mavrix Technology, Mobile, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Tablet
- Sky UK extends satellite capacity contract with SES
- AMC Networks and OMG complete first U.S. addressable campaign
- ENGINE launches cookieless data solutions for CTV and omnichannel media
- CEVA MotionEngine Smart TV software part of LG webOS
- Brazil's MultTV upgrades IPTV system with Beenius
- Bharti Airtel enters Ad Tech industry with Airtel Ads
- Broadpeak upgrades BkYou ad personalization solution
- Nigeria sets-up Digital Switch Over task force
- LG opens webOS Smart TV platform to other TV brands
- Cloud gaming to have huge impact on games distribution
- SpotX to serve as supply-side platform for Redbox
- Vestel brings Twitch to Smart TVs across Europe
- Cablenet rolls-out Amino STBs in Cyprus
- North American pay TV subscriber losses to slow
- discovery+ subscribers now number more than 11 million
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 133,000 in 4Q 2020
- Accedo acquires Hibox
- VIZIO Ads launches frequency control for Smart TV advertisers
- DVB approves DVB-TA watermarking and DVB Home Broadcast specs
- Roku releases 4Q 2020 results