Digital TV News: Dr. Zhenyu Zhou
Actions Semi impacted by China's new OTT STB policy
Nov 30, 2015 – Actions Semiconductor (Nasdaq: ACTS) has reported results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2015. Revenue for the third quarter of 2015 was $13.0 million, as compared to revenue of $13.1 million for the third quarter of 2014.
News categories: Actions Semiconductor, Dr. Zhenyu Zhou, China, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming
Actions Semi launches 64-bit 4K OTT set-top box SoC
Nov 6, 2015 – Actions Semiconductor (Nasdaq: ACTS) has announced the launch of its GT7 chipset featuring 4K H.265 decoding, a quad-core 64-bit CPU and aquad-core GPU, targeting the over-the-top (OTT) set-top box market.
News categories: Actions Semi, Dr. Zhenyu Zhou, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming, Worldwide
Actions Semi debuts SoC for tablets and OTT set-tops
Oct 21, 2014 – Actions Semiconductor (Nasdaq: ACTS) has announced that it has debuted a quad-core application processor offering for the tablet and OTT set-top box markets at the Asia World-Expo in Hong Kong.
News categories: Actions Semiconductor, Dr. Zhenyu Zhou, China, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming, Tablet, Worldwide
Actions Semi licenses ARM Cortex-A50 for tablet and OTT STB SoCs
Jun 27, 2014 – Actions Semiconductor (Nasdaq: ACTS) and ARM (NASDAQ: ARMH) have signed a license agreement for the 64-bit ARM® Cortex®-A50 processor family. Actions plans to develop SoCs targeting the tablet and OTT set top box markets.
News categories: Actions Semi, ARM, Dr. Zhenyu Zhou, Allen Wu, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Streaming, Tablet, Worldwide
MIPS Technologies and Mavrix Technology Collaborate on Mobile SoC Development
Feb 10, 2010 – MIPS Technologies (Nasdaq:MIPS) and Mavrix Technology, a company developing SoCs for the Mobile Digital TV (MDTV) and portable multimedia markets, have announced that they are working together to develop a MIPS-Based™ applications processor.
News categories: MIPS Technologies, Mavrix, Digital TV, Mobile, MWC21, Portable, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Tablet
Mavrix Technology Licenses MIPS32® Synthesizable Processor
Mar 30, 2009 – MIPS Technologies (NasdaqGS: MIPS) has announced that Mavrix Technology, a fabless semiconductor company developing SoCs for Mobile Digital TV (MDTV) and portable multimedia markets, has licensed its MIPS32® 4KEc® synthesizable processor core.
News categories: MIPS Technologies, Mavrix Technology, Mobile, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Tablet
- Roku launches player line-up for Germany
- 5G Broadcast and DTT can share UHF band and broadcast infrastructure
- SVOD household penetration in Malaysia to reach 27% in 2025
- Accedo powers Arabic SVOD service from TenTime
- Wurl unveils performance marketing service for streamers
- Origin selects Kantar for UK media measurement
- Germany to overtake the UK by SVOD subscribers
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way