Digital TV News: Dr. Zhenyu Zhou
Actions Semi impacted by China's new OTT STB policy
Nov 30, 2015 – Actions Semiconductor (Nasdaq: ACTS) has reported results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2015. Revenue for the third quarter of 2015 was $13.0 million, as compared to revenue of $13.1 million for the third quarter of 2014.
News categories: Actions Semiconductor, Dr. Zhenyu Zhou, China, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming
Actions Semi launches 64-bit 4K OTT set-top box SoC
Nov 6, 2015 – Actions Semiconductor (Nasdaq: ACTS) has announced the launch of its GT7 chipset featuring 4K H.265 decoding, a quad-core 64-bit CPU and aquad-core GPU, targeting the over-the-top (OTT) set-top box market.
News categories: Actions Semi, Dr. Zhenyu Zhou, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming, Worldwide
Actions Semi debuts SoC for tablets and OTT set-tops
Oct 21, 2014 – Actions Semiconductor (Nasdaq: ACTS) has announced that it has debuted a quad-core application processor offering for the tablet and OTT set-top box markets at the Asia World-Expo in Hong Kong.
News categories: Actions Semiconductor, Dr. Zhenyu Zhou, China, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming, Tablet, Worldwide
Actions Semi licenses ARM Cortex-A50 for tablet and OTT STB SoCs
Jun 27, 2014 – Actions Semiconductor (Nasdaq: ACTS) and ARM (NASDAQ: ARMH) have signed a license agreement for the 64-bit ARM® Cortex®-A50 processor family. Actions plans to develop SoCs targeting the tablet and OTT set top box markets.
News categories: Actions Semi, ARM, Dr. Zhenyu Zhou, Allen Wu, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Streaming, Tablet, Worldwide
MIPS Technologies and Mavrix Technology Collaborate on Mobile SoC Development
Feb 10, 2010 – MIPS Technologies (Nasdaq:MIPS) and Mavrix Technology, a company developing SoCs for the Mobile Digital TV (MDTV) and portable multimedia markets, have announced that they are working together to develop a MIPS-Based™ applications processor.
News categories: MIPS Technologies, Mavrix, Digital TV, Mobile, MWC23, Portable, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Tablet
Mavrix Technology Licenses MIPS32® Synthesizable Processor
Mar 30, 2009 – MIPS Technologies (NasdaqGS: MIPS) has announced that Mavrix Technology, a fabless semiconductor company developing SoCs for Mobile Digital TV (MDTV) and portable multimedia markets, has licensed its MIPS32® 4KEc® synthesizable processor core.
News categories: MIPS Technologies, Mavrix Technology, Mobile, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Tablet
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028
- Qvest becomes European League of Football FAST playout partner
- Wyplay acquires iFeelSmart
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027