Digital TV News: Foxtel
Technicolor Android TV set-top box shipments top 10 million
Mar 30, 2021 – Technicolor has announced that deployment of its Android TV set-top boxes (STBs) has now passed 10 million units. Cable, telco and other pay TV operators around the world continue to rapidly deploy Android TV STBs.
News categories: Technicolor, Mounir Toutah, Android TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Australia pay TV market to decline at 2.6% CAGR over next five years
Mar 3, 2021 – Pay TV revenue in Australia is set to decline at a CAGR of 2.6% from $2.4bn in 2020 to $2.1bn in 2025 due to a continued drop in Cable TV and DTH subscriptions and revenue, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Aasif Iqbal, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research
Future of TV in Australia is linear + BVOD
Feb 25, 2021 – At the Future of TV Advertising Sydney forum, OzTAM CEO Doug Peiffer has shared top line test data from Virtual Australia (VOZ), the new all-screen, cross-platform Total TV planning and reporting database.
News categories: OzTAM, Virtual Australia, Doug Peiffer, Advertising, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Smart TV
8.6 million Australians now watching BVOD
Jan 28, 2021 – Data from Roy Morgan shows 8.6 million Australians now watch BVOD services which include ABC iView, SBS On Demand, 7plus, 9Now and 10 Play. All five leading services have grown strongly during 2020.
News categories: Roy Morgan, Michele Levine, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT
Subscription TV viewers soared in Australia during 2020
Jan 12, 2021 – Data from Roy Morgan shows Australians consumed subscription TV services at an astonishing rate during 2020 with 17.3 million Australians (82.1%) watching a subscription TV service in an average four week period.
News categories: Roy Morgan, Michele Levine, Australia, Digital TV, OTT, Subscribers
Foxtel selects TiVo to power voice search
Oct 22, 2020 – TiVo (Nasdaq: XPER) has announced that Foxtel has chosen TiVo to provide natural language, voice-based search for its subscribers in Australia. The solution usess machine-learning to refine the experience.
News categories: TiVo, Foxtel, Michael Hawkey, Nick Dandy, Australia, Cable TV, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home, UX
OzTAM adds co-viewing to BVOD reporting
Sep 10, 2020 – OzTAM has introduced CTV co-viewing data to its VPM Report. The enhancement evolves the VPM service from a 1:1 people-to-device measure for BVOD to reflect that people often watch BVOD content together on a CTV.
News categories: OzTAM, Doug Peiffer, Advertising, Australia, Big Data, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT
Subscription home entertainment soars in Australia
Aug 17, 2020 – The COVID-19 pandemic has boosted home entertainment subscription services in Australia according to Telsyte. Australians added 5.6 million new subscriptions to the end of June 2020, an increase of 18% from a year ago.
News categories: Telsyte, Foad Fadaghi, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research
Subscription TV soars during Australian lockdown
Jul 21, 2020 – New data from Roy Morgan reveals that Australians added new subscription TV services at an astonishing rate during the lockdown period, with subscriptions up 878,000, or +5.9%, in only three months.
News categories: Roy Morgan, Michele Levine, Australia, Cable TV, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite
- Disney+ ends 1Q 2021 with 103.6 million subscribers
- Nielsen Digital Ad Ratings for Samsung TV Plus inventory
- Altice's a4 deploys CommScope video advertising solution
- DTG publishes 'State of the Nation' report
- TiVo to acquire MobiTV assets from Chapter 11
- Liberty Latin America deploys Velocix video streaming platform
- FTTH/B now passes more than half of homes in EU39
- Setplex to power TV Cabo São Paulo OTT service
- Irdeto joins AWS Media & Entertainment initiative
- TiVo ad inventory available through Xandr
- Proximus integrates Prime Video app into latest Android TV box
- HbbTV releases updated Test Suite and Test Descriptions
- Switch Media to provide OTT service for Solomon Telekom
- Amino bids for MobiTV
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow to 1.5 billion by 2026
- Amagi ad solutions increase revenue at Cinedigm
- Blockgraph and The Trade Desk partner on Unified ID 2.0 audience targeting
- Sky Media pilots Shoppable Ads with Sky Mobile
- Paramount+ to debut in Australia on August 11th
- Strategy Analytics compares bundled communications service pricing