Digital TV News: France Télévisions
France Télévisions chooses Eutelsat for UHD channel distribution
Nov 13, 2023 – France Télévisions has signed a contract with Eutelsat (Paris, London: ETL) to broadcast two 4K channels - France 2 UHD and France 3 UHD - on both terrestrial and satellite networks in France.
News categories: Eutelsat, France Télévisions, Laurence Delpy, Jacques Donat-Bouillud, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, Satellite, Terrestrial
Synamedia powers TDF broadcasts in French overseas territories
Oct 25, 2023 – TDF has selected Synamedia's vDCM for the video processing of France Televisions' five national channels, plus Outre-mer La Première and Arte, across French overseas territories.
News categories: Synamedia, TDF, Elke Hungenaert, Pascal Merle, Africa, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial
NPA Conseil, Médiamétrie publish French AVOD market report
Aug 31, 2023 – NPA Conseil and Médiamétrie have published the 2nd part of their AVoD Market Report survey, dedicated to monitoring the development of AVOD, FAST and more generally CTV ecosystems in France.
News categories: Médiamétrie, NPA Conseil, Digital TV, France, Market Research, Streaming
TDF and France Télévisions trial DTT of the future
Jun 7, 2023 – TDF and France Télévisions are launching two DTT trials to coincide with the 2023 French Open tennis tournament: DTT broadcasting in UHD quality, and experimental 5G broadcasting.
News categories: TDF Group, France Télévisions, Ateme, Karim El Naggar, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, Terrestrial
France Télévisions, M6 and TF1 announce liquidation of SALTO
Feb 15, 2023 – France Télévisions, M6 (Paris:MMT) and TF1 have announced their decision to close the SALTO platform. Launched on 20th October 2020, SALTO has currently nearly one million subscribers.
News categories: SALTO, France Télévisions, M6 Group, TF1, Marc Sénéchal, Digital TV, France, MandA, Streaming
FranceTV Publicité keeps up momentum in segmented TV
Sep 29, 2022 – Two years after the publication of the official decree authorizing the targeting and personalization of live broadcasted messages, FranceTV Publicité looks back on this new form of communication.
News categories: FranceTV Publicité, Marianne Siproudhis, Advertising, Digital TV, France
Globecast, France Télévisions and Orange trial 4K channel and 5G contribution in La Réunion
May 10, 2022 – Globecast has partnered with France Televisions Overseas, and its Regionale Directorate Réunion La 1ère, to trial a 4K pop-up channel on La Réunion. Globecast and Orange created a trial of 4K contribution over 5G for the event.
News categories: Globecast, France Télévisions, Orange, Samy Nicolas Bouchalat, Philippe Bernard, Eric Grand, Frédéric Ayangma, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mascarene Islands
Alchimie partners with Amagi for AVOD distribution
Nov 17, 2021 – Alchimie has partnered with Amagi for channel creation and distribution to AVOD platforms. Amagi is distributing 23 of Alchimie's channels to Rakuten TV and to Samsung TV Plus in 5 European countries – France, Spain, UK, Italy, and Germany.
News categories: Amagi, Alchimie, Srinivasan KA, Chittouma Sananikone, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Streaming, UK
Terrestrial broadcast infrastructure revenue stable in Europe
Jun 1, 2021 – Terrestrial broadcast network infrastructure operators in Europe garnered revenues exceeding €2.3 billion for TV and radio transmission in 2020, a stable amount compared to previous years, according to Dataxis.
News categories: Dataxis, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Terrestrial
- YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery