Digital TV News: FreeWheel
FreeWheel releases 10th anniversary U.S. Video Marketplace Report
Mar 29, 2021 – FreeWheel has released the 10th anniversary edition of its U.S. Video Marketplace Report. As people’s consumption of media has fragmented across devices, many have returned to the living room to watch connected TV.
News categories: FreeWheel, Dave Clark, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
FOX, FreeWheel offer programmatic advertising on Comcast STB VOD
Mar 25, 2021 – Fox Corporation (Nasdaq: FOXA, FOX) has announced that it has partnered with Comcast's FreeWheel to enable programmatic trading of addressable STB VOD within the Comcast Xfinity footprint.
News categories: FreeWheel, Fox Corp, The Trade Desk, Comcast, Dave Clark, Dan Callahan, Jon Tabak, Advertising, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Univision signs up to Project OAR
Feb 2, 2021 – Univision has announced that it has joined Project OAR, the consortium of American media companies created to establish a common technology for dynamic, addressable advertising management for TV.
News categories: Univision, Project OAR, Donna Speciale, Adam Gaynor, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
TEGNA extends partnership with FreeWheel
Jan 7, 2021 – TEGNA (NYSE: TGNA) and FreeWheel (Nasdaq: CMCSA) have announced a multi-year deal to further transform and automate the way TEGNA’s buyers and sellers transact, including through CTV/OTT advertising platform Premion.
News categories: FreeWheel, TEGNA, Premion, Ian Banks, Kurt Rao, Tom Cox, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, USA
FreeWheel to acquire ad tech company Beeswax
Dec 17, 2020 – FreeWheel has announced that it has agreed to acquire Beeswax. The acquisition will expand FreeWheel's programmatic marketplace capabilities across all forms of TV and video advertising, including CTV and STB VOD.
News categories: FreeWheel, Beeswax, Dave Clark, Ari Paparo, Advertising, Digital TV, MandA, USA
FreeWheel and NBCUniversal automate linear ad decisioning
Dec 2, 2020 – FreeWheel (Nasdaq: CMCSA) has announced a linear/digital convergence: FreeWheel will be leading ad decisioning across all NBCUniversal (NBCU) properties using their new AutoScheduler technology.
News categories: FreeWheel, NBCUniversal, Dave Clark, Ryan McConville, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
Nov 24, 2020 – FreeWheel has revealed that 70% of UK marketers surveyed expect Advanced TV ad spend to grow in the next 12 months. Advanced TV refers to VOD, connected TV, OTT, audience-based linear advertising, programmatic advertising and addressable TV.
News categories: FreeWheel, CoLab, Virginie Dremeaux, Advertising, Digital TV, UK
FreeWheel releases H1 2020 U.S. Video Marketplace Report
Oct 15, 2020 – FreeWheel (Nasdaq: CMCSA) has released the latest edition of its U.S. Video Marketplace Report. The report found that video viewing soared as consumers were forced to hunker down at home.
News categories: FreeWheel, David Dworin, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Freewheel integrates NBC Spot On’s OTT inventory
Jul 27, 2020 – The NBCUniversal Owned Television Stations division has announced that it has signed a deal with FreeWheel to make it easier for advertisers to access NBC Spot On’s premium inventory, through Freewheel's Strata platform.
News categories: Freewheel, NBC Spot On, Mark McKee, Shawn Makhijani, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, USA
- 2021 shaping up to be year of programmatic TV advertising in Europe
- WarnerMedia RIDE app now available for U.S. Toyota and Lexus owners
- discovery+ launches on Xfinity Flex and soon on X1
- CommScope to spin-off Home Networks business
- Disney+ rollout in Southern Asia going strong
- Western Europe pay TV subscribers to fall by 4 million
- Spain gives international travel authorisation for MWC21
- $18 million of Series B funding for IRIS.TV
- 8K TV households to reach 72 million worldwide by 2025
- Delta Fiber selects Agama video monitoring and analytics
- CTA and NCTA extend STB energy efficiency agreement to 2025
- Altice USA completes acquisition of Morris Broadband
- MediaTek and Samsung introduce Wi-Fi 6E enabled 8K TV
- COVID supercharged online video and gaming consumption in 2020
- VlogBox uses Protected Media SDK for CTV ad fraud detection
- Ekstraklasa chooses Red Bee as technology partner for Ekstraklasa.TV
- Sony brings BRAVIA CORE film entertainment to BRAVIA XR TVs
- Minerva Networks deploys at Mahaska Communications in Iowa
- LG to withdraw from mobile phone market
- 27% of DTC streaming video services are shared in the U.S.