Digital TV News: FreeWheel
discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
Oct 12, 2021 – Discovery (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) has announced that discovery+ will launch in Canada on October 19. The service is available at Can$4.99 (~USD$4) per month, with an ad-free version for Can$6.99 monthly.
News categories: Discovery, Inc, Corus Entertainment, JB Perrette, Doug Murphy, Advertising, Canada, Digital TV, Streaming
60% of UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV
Oct 11, 2021 – FreeWheel has revealed findings from a survey of UK advertisers and agencies. According to the research, 60% of the surveyed UK marketers expect their Advanced TV investments to increase in the next 12 months.
News categories: FreeWheel, CoLab Media, Virginie Dremeaux, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, UK
FreeWheel advertising technology for Redbox's free streaming service
Oct 4, 2021 – Redbox has partnered with FreeWheel to integrate programmatic technology into its free streaming platforms. Through the technology, advertisers will be able to buy Redbox inventory and target audiences.
News categories: Redbox, FreeWheel, Jason Kwong, Dave Clark, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
FreeWheel and Strategus unlock access to CTV inventory
Sep 20, 2021 – Strategus has partnered with FreeWheel to enable streamlined access to Strategus's premium CTV inventory through FreeWheel’s Strata platform, enabling buyers to receive proposals and send orders electronically.
News categories: FreeWheel, Strategus, Jamie Donnenfeld, Rachel Dillon, Todd Porch, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Streaming services overtake TV Everywhere in the U.S.
Aug 25, 2021 – FreeWheel (Nasdaq: CMCSA) has published its 1H 2021 U.S. Video Marketplace Report. The report highlights the changing dynamics of how content owners and distributors are monetizing premium digital video content.
News categories: FreeWheel, James Rothwell, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Channel 4 launches real-time bidding on All 4
Aug 23, 2021 – Channel 4 has launched All 4 Private Marketplace, enabling brands to buy digital advertising space around All 4's 14,500 hours of premium content via private programmatic auction for the first time.
News categories: Channel 4, Verica Djurdjevic, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, UK
VIZIO announces first certified OAR technology partners
Jul 1, 2021 – VIZIO (NYSE: VZIO) has announced that LTN, Beachfront, FreeWheel, INVIDI, Google, Adcuratio and Extreme Reach are compliant with Open Addressable Ready (OAR) specifications and are certified to enable OAR campaigns.
News categories: VIZIO, Zeev Neumeier, Malik Khan, Ben Abbatiello, Stefan Maris, Bruce Anderson, Peentoo Patel, Advertising, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Connected TVs and VOD embedded in UK viewing habits
Apr 22, 2021 – FreeWheel has unveiled research aimed at discovering how UK viewers use video devices and platforms, understand the reasons behind their preferences and explore attitudes towards free-to-access video platforms with advertising.
News categories: FreeWheel, Happydemics, Virginie Dremeaux, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, UK
FreeWheel addressable technology unifies linear TV and digital video advertising
Apr 14, 2021 – FreeWheel is rolling out technology that offers multiplatform, addressable audience targeting across all screens, including linear TV. Comcast and Charter are the first inventory owners to offer the technology to buyers.
News categories: FreeWheel, Dave Clark, David Kline, James Rooke, Advertising, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service
- TalkTalk selects Netgem for launch of 4K TV service
- 39% of U.S. OTT viewers access video services for specific content
- 60% of UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV
- Foxtel confirms syndication of Sky Glass streaming platform
- Survey highlights attraction of interacting with streaming video
- Yahoo and Tubi partner to streamline CTV ad buying