Digital TV News: Freesat
DTG releases D-Book 12.8
Oct 31, 2023 – The DTG has released D-Book 12.8 – the latest update to the technical specification for all digital terrestrial television products and services in the UK market.
News categories: DTG, Richard Lindsay-Davies, Content Distribution, Digital TV, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
Accedo supports launch of ITVX in the UK
Dec 16, 2022 – Accedo has worked on the ITVX video service for a number of platforms, including Youview, Freeview, Android TV, Freesat, Roku, Samsung Tizen, Samsung Orsay, and Xbox, as well as for the ITVX website.
News categories: Accedo, ITV, Michael Lantz, Steve Forde, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, UK, UX
Regional versions of BBC One HD to roll out in England by Spring 2023
Nov 23, 2022 – People will soon be able to watch BBC One in HD without having to switch over to the current standard-definition versions for their local programming, following the roll-out of BBC One HD in England.
News categories: BBC, Kieran Clifton, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Terrestrial, UK
UK's DTG releases D-Book 12.7
Oct 31, 2022 – The DTG has released D-Book 12.7, the latest update to the technical specification for all digital terrestrial television products and services in the UK market.
News categories: DTG, Simon Fell, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
Media Broadcast renews Freenet HbbTV portal contract with DOTSCREEN
Apr 12, 2022 – Media Broadcast has renewed its contract with DOTSCREEN for the evolution, support, and maintenance of the Freenet HbbTV portal in Germany. DOTSCREEN was the original designer and developer of the portal in 2016.
News categories: DOTSCREEN, Media Broadcast, Stanislas Leridon, Digital TV, Germany, HbbTV, UX
Channel 5 joins Digital UK
Dec 20, 2021 – Channel 5 has joined Digital UK, alongside BBC, ITV and Channel 4. The four public service broadcasters have entered into a new Digital UK members' agreement, marking the first time that the venture has been wholly owned by all four PSBs.
News categories: Digital UK, ViacomCBS, Channel 5, Caroline Thomson, Sarah Rose, Digital TV, Terrestrial, UK
UK's DTG releases D-Book 12.6
Oct 28, 2021 – The DTG has announced the release of its D-Book 12.6. Previously optional, support for HbbTV now becomes mandatory in the latest version, as the transition away from MHEG continues in the UK.
News categories: DTG, HbbTV Association, Richard Lindsay-Davies, Vincent Grivet, Content Distribution, Digital TV, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing
Jul 22, 2021 – Freesat has become the latest company to have satellite receivers pass the European-wide assurance scheme for TV and Satellite distribution equipment known as the European IRS Certification Scheme (EICS).
News categories: DTG Testing, Freesat, CAI, Digital TV, QoE, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK
BBC, ITV and Channel 4 plan to integrate Digital UK and Freesat
Feb 10, 2021 – The BBC, ITV and Channel 4 plan to integrate Digital UK, the joint venture which facilitates the provision of Freeview TV, with Freesat, which offers access to the UK's subscription-free satellite TV service.
News categories: Digital UK, Freesat, Jonathan Thompson, Alistair Thom, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
- Tele Columbus goes live with PŸUR TV STB featuring 3SS UX
- Two more Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Gracenote launches automotive infotainment metadata platform
- YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward