Digital TV News: GSat
NewSpace India partners with Tata Play to commission GSAT-24
Aug 7, 2023 – NewSpace India (NSIL) has collaborated with Tata Play on the launch of its GSAT-24 satellite. The increased bandwidth provided by GSAT-24 will enable Tata Play to carry 50% more DTH channels.
News categories: NewSpace India, Tata Play, Radhakrishnan Durairaj, Harit Nagpal, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Satellite
Limited growth for APAC ex-China pay-TV revenues to 2027
Dec 5, 2022 – Media Partners Asia (MPA) estimates that 1.0 million net new subscribers will be added in Asia Pacific ex-China over 2022-27, driven by India and parts of South and SE Asia, partially offset by contraction in all other regions.
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Vivek Couto, Asia, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24 successfully placed into orbit
Jun 22, 2022 – An Ariane 5 launcher has successfully orbited two geostationary satellites, MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24. MEASAT-3d will provide redundancy and additional capacity at 91.5°E. GSAT-24 will provide TV and broadcasting services across India.
News categories: Arianespace, ArianeGroup, Stéphane Israël, André-Hubert Roussel, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Satellite
NewSpace India planning GSAT-24 Ku-band satellite launch
Oct 1, 2021 – NSIL has announced a plan to launch GSAT-24, a Ku-band satellite, in the first quarter of 2022. The satellite, built by ISRO and to be launched by Arianespace, will be leased to Tata Sky for its DTH service.
News categories: NSIL, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Satellite
Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
Jan 17, 2020 – ISRO has announced that its GSAT-30 satellite has been successfully launched. The satellite will provide communications services, including DTH TV, to India via Ku-band, with coverage extended to Gulf countries, further Asian countries and Australia via C-band.
News categories: ISRO, Dr K Sivan, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Satellite
Hellas Sat 4 successfully launched
Feb 7, 2019 – Hellas Sat has announced that the Hellas Sat 4 has been successfully launched. Hellas Sat 4 is a Ku-band satellite that will be positioned at 39°E to provide coverage over Europe, the Middle East and Southern Africa. The satellite is expected to commence service in Q3 2019.
News categories: Hellas Sat, Christodoulos Protopapas, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Middle-East, Satellite
Ariane 5 orbits Intelsat 37e and BSAT-4a satellites
Sep 29, 2017 – Arianespace has orbited telecommunications satellites for its long-time customers. The mission carried Intelsat 37e for Intelsat, along with BSAT-4a which was launched as part of a turnkey contract between Japan’s B-SAT and SSL.
News categories: Arianespace, Intelsat, B-SAT, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, Satellite
Arianespace to launch Hellas Sat 3 and GSAT-17 on June 28
Jun 22, 2017 – For its seventh launch of the year, and the fourth Ariane 5 mission in 2017 from the Guiana Space Center in French Guiana, Arianespace will orbit two payloads: Hellas Sat 3-Inmarsat S EAN and GSAT-17 for the Indian space agency ISRO.
News categories: Arianespace, Hellas Sat, ISRO, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, India, Middle-East, Satellite, South Africa
India's GSAT-18 satellite successfully launched
Oct 6, 2016 – India’s communication satellite GSAT-18 was launched successfully by the European Ariane 5 VA-231 launch Vehicle. The 3404 kg GSAT-18 carries 48 communication transponders in C-band, upper extended C-band and Ku-bandy.
News categories: ISRO, Ariane, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Satellite
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification