Digital TV News: Gert Rieder
Falcon Media House signs up AEMG for Africa OTT service
Oct 3, 2017 – Falcon Media House has announced the signing of a licensing agreement with Africa Enterprise Media Group (AEMG) to supply software technology and brand assets for a direct-to-consumer OTT service in Africa.
News categories: Falcon Media House, LaserNet Group, Gert Rieder, Ivan Bridgens, Africa, Digital TV, OTT, South Africa
Falcon Media House streaming integrated with Media Nucleus billing platform
Jul 14, 2017 – A partnership between Falcon Media House and Media Nucleus will enable Falcon Media House to offer an OTT platform to medium and large size broadcasters with a potential reach of 250 million users in India, as well as parts of its content portfolio to service providers in the region.
News categories: Falcon Media House, Media Nucleus, Quiptel, Gert Rieder, Bhaskar Majumdar, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Middle-East, OTT
Quiptel and Verimatrix deliver West Africa’s first secure OTT service
May 24, 2017 – Quiptel and Verimatrix have announced a partnership that will offer the first secure OTT service in West Africa enabling thousands of residents on Bonny Island in Nigeria to stream live and on-demand TV uninterrupted.
News categories: Verimatrix, Falcon Media House, Quiptel, Steve Oetegenn, Gert Rieder, Content Protection, Digital TV, Nigeria, OTT, Set Top Box
Denmark - TDC launches 35 TV channels via broadband
Feb 20, 2007 – TDC (Copenhagen:TDC) has inaugurated Denmark's largest and most state-of-the-art interactive TV network. More than 1.6 million households will be able to link up directly to TDC TV via their broadband connection.
News categories: TDC, Broadband, Denmark, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV
Super TV IPTV for 70% of Denmark
Dec 14, 2006 – TDC initiates its most ambitious commitment to television via broadband to date. More than 1.8 million households will get access to a new generation of TDC TV which then becomes the largest cable-based television network in the country.
News categories: TDC, Denmark, Digital TV, IPTV
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Baltimore
- Zodiac integrates Agama device monitoring into its TV stack
- JW Player raises $100m in Series E funding
- Xandr adopts OpenAP's OpenID audience identifier
- ATEME provides video packaging and storage for AIS in Thailand
- KKStream launches Streaming-as-a-Service solutions
- Astro set-top boxes to include Netflix
- MediaKind powers UEFA Euro 2020 live coverage at MEO
- NAB shows home learning via ATSC 3.0 for students without internet
- U.S. consumers feeling pain of streaming service fragmentation
- Telefonica backs up Movistar+ infrastructure in the cloud with Harmonic
- Irdeto and INVIDI offer integrated addressable TV solution
- UEI providing Android TV remotes to Claro Colombia
- Tubi supports Unified ID 2.0 initiative
- Portugal adds 29,000 pay TV subscribers in 1Q 2021
- 'Go Addressable' TV advertising initiative launched in the U.S.
- Brightcove and ByteArk partner on OTT technology in Thailand
- ATEME powers converged headend at TCCL in India
- NexPlayer joins AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative
- VuClip integrates Bitmovin video encoder on Google Cloud