Digital TV News: Globecast
Senegal's RTS turns to Globecast for international distribution
Mar 8, 2023 – Globecast has been selected by Radio Télévision Sénégalaise (RTS) to grow its international presence. Globecast is providing international distribution for the public broadcaster's main channel, RTS1.
News categories: Globecast, RTS, Lionel Antoine, Racine Talla, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Senegal, Worldwide
Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
Feb 2, 2023 – New World TV turned to Globecast to provide satellite distribution services for the recent Qatar football tournament. New World TV is a satellite-based TV network operating across Sub-Saharan Africa.
News categories: Globecast, New World TV, Yann Madeline, Redha Chibani, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV
Nov 29, 2022 – Globecast has announced an agreement with EarthxTV to provide cloud playout for the linear TV channel and distribution to MVPDs. Globecast is orchestrating the EarthxTV playback entirely in the cloud.
News categories: Globecast, EarthxTV, René Villapando, Rajan Singh, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, USA
Equidia moves to cloud delivery with Globecast
Sep 6, 2022 – Globecast has announced that international horse racing channel, Equidia, has chosen its Managed Cloud Network (MCN) service, plus encoding, to increase the choice and flexibility of content available to be aired by affiliates.
News categories: Globecast, PMU, Gregoire Courtois, Laurent Alvarez, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, Streaming
beIN ASIA PACIFIC selects Globecast for managed media services
Jun 1, 2022 – Globecast has announced that beIN ASIA PACFIC has selected it to provide media processing and delivery services. Globecast will be providing managed media services including playout and OTT platform hosting.
News categories: Globecast, beIN, Shakunt Malhotra, Sabil Salim, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming
Globecast, France Télévisions and Orange trial 4K channel and 5G contribution in La Réunion
May 10, 2022 – Globecast has partnered with France Televisions Overseas, and its Regionale Directorate Réunion La 1ère, to trial a 4K pop-up channel on La Réunion. Globecast and Orange created a trial of 4K contribution over 5G for the event.
News categories: Globecast, France Télévisions, Orange, Samy Nicolas Bouchalat, Philippe Bernard, Eric Grand, Frédéric Ayangma, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mascarene Islands
Globecast deploys Elecard to monitor cloud playout quality
Jul 13, 2021 – Elecard has announced that Globecast has deployed Elecard's Boro monitoring system as part of its playout infrastructure to help ensure smooth development, implementation and operation of the cloud platform.
News categories: Elecard, Globecast, Anton Proshutya, Chris Pulis, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Globecast, Viaccess-Orca and MainStreaming announce end-to-end OTT platform
Jun 17, 2021 – Globecast has partnered with Viaccess-Orca (VO) and MainStreaming to provide an end-to-end OTT platform, app and associated backend infrastructure, to help customers with their ongoing digital transformation.
News categories: Globecast, MainStreaming, Viaccess-Orca, Alessandro Alquati, Antonio Corrado, Philippe Leonetti, Apps, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Globecast provides OTT services to multiple African broadcasters
Sep 2, 2020 – Globecast has provided a range of TV Everywhere OTT services to multiple African broadcasters, including the creation of live streaming OTT services, CDN provisioning and end-to-end project management.
News categories: Globecast, Frederic Torasso, Lionel Antoine, Africa, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming
- NextGen TV launched on local stations in Rochester, NY
- FCC proposes pricing transparency for cable and satellite services
- Tubi announces new planning integrations and partnerships
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
- Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023
- Netgem completes sale of Fibre France business to Nordnet
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics