Digital TV News: Gracenote
Synamedia expands Synamedia Go cloud video suite
Apr 25, 2022 – Synamedia has announced the launch of its complete Synamedia Go cloud video suite. Synamedia Go offers video service providers everything they need to launch a streaming service as well as the ability to customize it to increase value.
News categories: Synamedia, Nick Thexton, Tom Morrod, Advertising, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
U.S. OTT subscribers prefer unified bundles
Apr 21, 2022 – Parks Associates research reveals that 59% of OTT subscribers prefer one bill and one account for all their home subscription services, while 48% feel their home internet service provider adds more value when online video services subscriptions are offered.
News categories: Parks Associates, Paul Erickson, Digital TV, Market Research, NABShow, Streaming, USA
Nielsen releases inaugural State of Play report
Apr 6, 2022 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) has released its inaugural State of Play report. Overall, Americans increased their average weekly time streaming video by 18%, with a Y-o-Y increase from 143.2 billions streamed minutes to 169.4 between Feb. 2021 and Feb. 2022.
News categories: Nielsen, Brian Fuhrer, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Gracenote tool predicts potential entertainment programming performance
Dec 8, 2021 – Gracenote (NYSE: NLSN) has unveiled Audience Predict, a content analytics tool that forecasts potential future entertainment programming performance, equiping content distributors and owners to make decisions that maximize return on programming investments.
News categories: Gracenote, Simon Adams, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Nielsen to enhance TV measurement with individual commercial metrics
Nov 22, 2021 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) has announced that it will enhance its U.S. television measurement offering by tracking viewing in a more precise manner, allowing for a future where audience estimates are based on individual ads rather than commercial minutes.
News categories: Nielsen, Extreme Reach, Kim Gilberti, Gaurav Agarwal, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Crackle Plus improves content discoverability with Gracenote
Nov 18, 2021 – Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment (Nasdaq: CSSE) has announced that Crackle Plus will use Gracenote (NYSE: NLSN) entertainment metadata and Gracenote IDs to make Crackle, Popcornflix and Chicken Soup for the Soul streaming service titles more searchable and discoverable.
News categories: Crackle, Gracenote, Philippe Guelton, Simon Adams, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, UX
Media Distillery and Gracenote optimize EPG utility
Nov 16, 2021 – Media Distillery and Gracenote have created a solution to optimise Electronic Programme Guide (EPG) utility. The offering helps operators improve content navigation through increased guide and recording accuracy.
News categories: Media Distillery, Gracenote, Simon Adams, Roland Sars, Big Data, Digital TV, UX, Worldwide
ThinkAnalytics integrates Gracenote Personalized Imagery
Jul 20, 2021 – ThinkAnalytics' has announced that its content recommendations are now integrated with Gracenote's Personalized Imagery for TV and movie titles, enabling the delivery of targeted image assets to support content selection.
News categories: ThinkAnalytics, Gracenote, Peter Docherty, Simon Adams, Big Data, Digital TV, UX, Worldwide
Gracenote expands video metadata coverage to Poland
May 25, 2021 – Gracenote (NYSE: NLSN) has expanded its international video metadata coverage to include Poland, helping pay-TV providers, broadcasters and streamers to provide effective content navigation, search and discovery.
News categories: Gracenote, Raimond van Raamsdonk, Big Data, Digital TV, Poland, UX
- Samsung chip to power Hyundai in-vehicle infotainment
- Radio Television Hong Kong selects Irdeto multi-DRM solution
- Spectrum Reach taps Beachfront for programmatic monetization of convergent TV
- Netgem enables multiscreen TV for ZEOP with new UI on Android TV
- KCGM deploys Amagi SaaS offering to distribute anime channel in India
- Leading industry players join IAB Tech Lab advertising standards group
- DingoTV streaming service adds gamification with Edge Video
- Foxxum partners with OTTera to expand app portfolio
- Taiwan Mobile selects Broadpeak for live video streaming to mobiles
- TV Globo affiliate EPTV turns to MediaKind for IP video edge upgrade
- tvOS 17 brings FaceTime and video conferencing to Apple TV 4K
- VIDAA to bring Paramount+ to viewers in Canada and Latin America
- AR/VR headset shipments slowed in Q1 2023
- Introducing Apple Vision Pro: Apple’s first spatial computer
- 49% of U.S. adults watch video via a CTV device daily
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028
- Qvest becomes European League of Football FAST playout partner
- Wyplay acquires iFeelSmart
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace