Digital TV News: Guido Meardi
Allegro DVT and V-Nova collaborate to accelerate LCEVC deployment
Dec 8, 2022 – Allegro DVT and V-Nova have partnered to accelerate the availability of LCEVC-enabled solutions. The two companies will collaborate to make available both compliance test streams and proven video IPs.
News categories: Allegro DVT, V-Nova, Nouar Hamze, Guido Meardi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Silicon IP, Worldwide
V-Nova releases LCEVC Native Development Kit for video SoCs and ASICs
Sep 12, 2022 – V-Nova as announced the availability of V-Nova LCEVC Native Development Kit (NDK) to accelerate the implementation and deployment of MPEG-5 LCEVC encoding and decoding on video systems-on-chip and dedicated ASICs.
News categories: V-Nova, Guido Meardi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2022, Silicon IP, Worldwide
THEOplayer adds support for MPEG-5 LCEVC
Sep 7, 2022 – THEO Technologies and V-Nova have announced that THEO Technologies' THEOplayer will support the MPEG-5 LCEVC codec enhancement. MPEG-5 LCEVC offers 40% lower bitrates, saving delivery cost while reducing encoding compute and energy consumption.
News categories: V-Nova, THEO Technologies, Guido Meardi, Steven Tielemans, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2022, Media Player, Worldwide
V-Nova raises €33 million in series C round
Jul 26, 2021 – Video and image data compression company, V-Nova, has announced that thanks to Neva First, the alternative investment fund managed by Neva SGR, V-Nova has completed its series C round, raising a total of €33 million.
News categories: V-Nova, Intesa Sanpaolo, Guido Meardi, Mario Costantini, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Venture Capital, Worldwide
V-Nova announces LCEVC licensing terms
May 20, 2021 – V-Nova has announced licensing terms for V-Nova LCEVC. V-Nova LCEVC is an implementation of MPEG-5 Part 2 LCEVC, the codec-agnostic ISO/IEC enhancement standard capable of providing up to 40% lower bitrates than codecs used natively.
News categories: V-Nova, Guido Meardi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Licensing, Worldwide
V-Nova announces the completion of MPEG-5 LCEVC
Nov 2, 2020 – V-Nova has announced that MPEG-5 Part 2 LCEVC has been promoted to an MPEG/ISO final draft international standard. LCEVC enhances the compression performance of any base video codec and offers improved picture quality at up to 40% lower bitrates.
News categories: V-Nova, LCEVC, Guido Meardi, Luis Vicente, Karam Malhotra, Dr Nadine Hachach-Haram, Fathi Albatie, Thomas Kramer, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Worldwide
V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
Aug 4, 2020 – V-Nova and NETINT Technologies have announced a collaborative roadmap that accelerates V-Nova LCEVC’s market deployment while further improving the performance of NETINT’s encoding technology.
News categories: V-Nova, NETINT Technologies, Guido Meardi, Tao Zhong, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
V-Nova partners with Simplestream for Pan-African streaming service MVMO
Sep 11, 2019 – V-Nova is the key enabler for a streaming service, MVMO, due to launch in Africa in late 2019. The service will combine the V-Nova P+ codec-agnostic enhancement with Simplestream's streaming platform to deliver content throughout the continent.
News categories: V-Nova, Simplestream, Creative Africa Exchange, Guido Meardi, Dan Finch, Sandra Iyawa, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming
V-Nova implements MPEG-5 Part 2 (LCEVC) as part of its P+ SDK
Aug 29, 2019 – V-Nova has announced the 3rd generation of its portfolio of video distribution enhancement technologies, called P+ (previously PERSEUS Plus). P+ incorporates fully optimized encoding and decoding for the upcoming MPEG-5 Part 2 (LCEVC) standard.
News categories: V-Nova, Guido Meardi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2022, Worldwide
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution