Digital TV News: Harmonic
Harmonic begins strategic review of its Video business
Oct 30, 2023 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) is assessing a range of alternatives for its Video business with the company having received indications of interest in the business from a number of parties.
News categories: Harmonic Inc, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, Results, Worldwide
Harmonic adds Google and Equativ to its ad-tech ecosystem
Sep 13, 2023 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that it is expanding its targeted advertising ecosystem through partnerships with ad tech platforms Google Ad Manager and Equativ.
News categories: Harmonic, Equativ, Google Ad Manager, Gil Rudge, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2023, Streaming, Worldwide
ViewLift streams motorsport at scale with Harmonic
Sep 12, 2023 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that ViewLift is using its VOS 360 Media SaaS as its streaming video pipeline, recently using it to stream the MotoAmerica Superbikes event, in Texas.
News categories: Harmonic, ViewLift, Gil Rudge, Manik Bambha, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
Harmonic and DigiCAP optimize ATSC 3.0 bit rates
Jul 11, 2023 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) and DigiCAP (KOSDAQ: 197140) have announced a solution for broadcasters that combines statistical multiplexing technology with an ATSC 3.0 headend.
News categories: Harmonic, DigiCAP, Jing Zhou, Sang Jin Yoon, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Tele Columbus selects NAGRA as solution provider for PŸUR TV
May 23, 2023 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that Tele Columbus has selected NAGRA as its solution provider and prime integrator to launch its new hybrid cable and multiscreen solution, PŸUR TV.
News categories: NAGRA, Tele Columbus, 3SS, Sagemcom, Nancy Goldberg, Markus Oswald, Stefan Blickensdoerfer, Olivier Taravel, Android TV, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Germany, Set Top Box, UX
Harmonic powers ATSC 3.0 across the U.S.
Apr 16, 2023 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that its XOS software is powering NEXTGEN TV services across the U.S., enabling the delivery of ATSC 3.0 channels with bandwidth efficiency and enhanced video quality.
News categories: Harmonic, Pearl TV, BitPath, Heartland Video Systems, Gil Rudge, Anne Schelle, John Hane, Dennis Klas, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
Bally's Interactive offers live sports streaming with Harmonic
Apr 16, 2023 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Bally's Interactive is using Harmonic for cloud playout and branding to deliver sports video with low latency on the Bally Live app.
News categories: Harmonic, Bally's Interactive, Gil Rudge, Matthew Webster, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, Worldwide
Harmonic partners with Spideo on FAST Channel personalization
Apr 16, 2023 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has expanded its cloud playout ecosystem and automated the creation of FAST channels through a partnership with personalization and recommendations provider, Spideo.
News categories: Harmonic, Spideo, Gil Rudge, Thibault Dorso, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, Worldwide
MSG Networks to launch sports streaming service with Harmonic
Apr 16, 2023 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that MSG Networks will use Harmonic's VOS360 SaaS for its new MSG+ sports streaming service, due to launch this summer.
News categories: Harmonic, MSG Networks, Gil Rudge, David Schafer, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, USA
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue