Digital TV News: Harmonic
Harmonic adds public cloud support for Dolby Vision
Jul 16, 2021 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has implemented public cloud support for the delivery of Dolby Vision HDR live content. Harmonic has integrated Dolby Vision into its VOS cloud streaming platform and XOS software-based appliance.
News categories: Harmonic, Dolby, Stephane Cloirec, Jean-Christophe Morizur, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Mola TV streams UEFA Euro 2020 in UHD HDR with Harmonic
Jul 9, 2021 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Mola TV is using Harmonic's VOS 360 cloud streaming SaaS for live UHD HDR streaming of UEFA Euro 2020 football matches in Indonesia.
News categories: Harmonic, Mola TV, Tony Berthaud, CP Lee, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Indonesia, OTT
BH Telecom and Beenius to develop IPTV and OTT services
Jul 7, 2021 – BH Telecom has signed an agreement to develop IPTV and OTT services based on the Beenius' TV Interactive Platform. The platform, based on Android, supports features such as targeted TV advertising, fingerprinting, and more.
News categories: Beenius, BH Telecom, Filip Remškar, Advertising, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Telefonica backs up Movistar+ infrastructure in the cloud with Harmonic
Jun 23, 2021 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Telefonica Spain has deployed its VOS 360 streaming platform for disaster recovery, replicating Telefonica's entire Movistar+ infrastructure in the cloud.
News categories: Harmonic, Telefónica, Eugenio Lojo, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Spain
NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative to bring ATSC 3.0 to Washington D.C.
Jun 16, 2021 – An effort is underway to launch NEXTGEN TV in the U.S. capital, with Howard University's WHUT serving as the host station for broadcasts for five local affiliate stations of national broadcast networks.
News categories: Howard University, Pearl TV, National Association of Broadcasters, Wayne A. I. Frederick, Anne Schelle, Sam Matheny, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Mowies optimizes cloud streaming workflow with Harmonic
Apr 14, 2021 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Mowies is optimizing its workflow with Harmonic's VOS360 cloud streaming offering. VOS360 SaaS provides Mowies with an end-to-end solution for media processing and delivery.
News categories: Harmonic, Mowies, Alvaro Martin, Alejo Arango, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Latin America, OTT
TiVo selects Pindrop voice authentication
Jan 26, 2021 – TiVo and Pindrop have partnered to enable content discovery for consumers, unlocked through voice AI. The companies will collaborate to bring voice authentication to TiVo's Conversation Services product.
News categories: Pindrop, TiVo, Vijay Balasubramaniyan, Jon Heim, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA, UX, Worldwide
Edge Networks launches NextGen TV service with Harmonic
Dec 9, 2020 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Edge Networks launched its Evoca TV service with an end-to-end solution from Harmonic. Evoca combines OTA ATSC 3.0 broadcasts with video streaming to reach underserved areas in the U.S.
News categories: Harmonic, Edge Networks, Eric Armstrong, Todd Achilles, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Medianet optimizes video delivery with Harmonic
Nov 18, 2020 – Medianet is using content-aware encoding from Harmonic (NASDAQ:HLIT) to optimize video streaming and TV service delivery in the Maldives. The solution reduces CDN costs while enabling the delivery of video to subscribers on all screens.
News categories: Harmonic, Medianet, Content Distribution, Digital TV, The Maldives
- AT&T premium TV down 473k; Vrio down 239k; HBO up 3.6M video subs in 2Q 2021
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 62,000 in 2Q 2021
- Astro launches STB for TV without a satellite dish
- Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing
- Cox Media Group Local Solutions partners with Amazon Advertising
- Samba TV announces global TV viewership dashboard
- Sky Brasil's SKY Connect 4K Android TV DVR powered by Wyplay
- NBCUniversal adopts Ad-ID for its One Platform
- Redbox to expand free live TV content with Wurl
- ThinkAnalytics rebrands its suite as 'Think360'
- Grupo Werthein to buy AT&T's Vrio operations
- ITV and Sky upgrade their commercial partnership
- TCL passes TÜV Rheinland ETSI EN 303 645 test for IoT devices
- OFIVE TV partners with Amagi for distribution to FAST platforms
- Comscore provides audience measurement currency to Spectrum Reach
- Global Smart TV household ownership to exceed 50% by 2026
- Innovid quantifies CTV impact on advertising in the U.S.
- HbbTV releases Targeted Advertising specification for TV sets in STB markets
- TheViewPoint supports OTT monetization at Caracol TV
- Altice USA introduces Optimum and Suddenlink 4K streaming device