Digital TV News: Hisense USA
Hisense enables NEXTGEN TV interactivity via ATSC 3.0 watermark detection
Oct 24, 2023 – Hisense is introducing watermark detection for NEXTGEN TV, based on Verance technology, to its ATSC 3.0 TV products. The watermark signals trigger the launch of NEXTGEN TV broadcast applications.
News categories: Verance, Hisense USA, Nil Shah, Douglas Kern, ATSC 3, Content Identification, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
Hisense lineup of NEXTGEN TVs comes to U.S. retail
Aug 23, 2022 – Pearl TV has announced that NEXTGEN TV models from Hisense, U7H and U8H, are now available at retail in the US. Hisense joins other manufacturers - Sony, Samsung and LG - that already have more than 70 models in stores.
News categories: Pearl TV, Hisense, Anne Schelle, David Gold, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
May 17, 2022 – Hisense and Amazon Fire TV have announce the U6HF, Hisense’s first smart TV with Amazon Fire TV built-in. Available exclusively at Amazon.com, the new 50” smart TV will offer Fire TV's experience alongside the intelligence of Alexa.
News categories: Hisense, David Gold, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
Hisense ULED ATSC 3.0 TVs to support Advanced HDR
Feb 3, 2022 – During CES, Hisense announced that it is collaborating with ATSC 3.0 and Advanced HDR by Technicolor for integration into upcoming ULED TVs. Consumers that tune in to Sinclair ATSC 3.0 stations on Hisense TVs will be able to enjoy TV transmitted in HDR.
News categories: Technicolor, Hisense, Sinclair Broadcast, Tony Bozzini, David Gold, Mark Aitken, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
Hisense unveils premium product lineup at CES 2022
Jan 4, 2022 – This year, Hisense is delivering bigger screens, upgraded technologies like ULED and Mini LED, content platforms and features such as Google TV and ATSC 3.0, and upgrades to smart home, audio and gaming features.
News categories: Hisense, David Gold, Android TV, ATSC 3, CES2024, Digital TV, Gaming, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
Oct 19, 2021 – Comcast has launched XClass TV, extending the reach of its technology to smart TVs. Comcast's entertainment platform is now available without an Xfinity subscription, both inside and outside of Comcast service areas.
News categories: Comcast, Hisense, Sam Schwartz, David Gold, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
More than seventy 8K TVs now certified by the 8K Association
Jul 26, 2021 – The 8K Association has revealed that there are now over seventy 8K TVs certified by the 8KA. This includes nearly 50 models launched in the first half of 2021 from three of the world's top TV brands – Hisense, Samsung, and TCL.
News categories: 8K Association, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
Hisense shows ULED-powered 2019 product lineup at CES2019
Jan 7, 2019 – Hisense has revealed its 2019 product lineup at CES, debuting Android TV and Roku TV sets that expand Hisense's portfolio. Hisense is the fastest growing TV brand of the top 6 brands in the U.S. according to NPD Group.
News categories: Hisense, David Gold, CES2024, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
Select Hisense Smart TVs add Amazon Alexa for 2018
Jan 3, 2018 – Hisense has announced that Alexa capabilities will be available on select models of Hisense 4K Smart TVs for the very first time. This is part of Hisense's larger initiative to make interacting with Smart TVs easier and more intuitive than ever before.
News categories: Hisense, Amazon, Mark Viken, Steve Rabuchin, CES2024, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA, UX
- YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery