Digital TV News: IDC
Semiconductor market to grow 20.2% in 2024 to $633 billion
Nov 14, 2023 – IDC has forecast a return to growth for the semiconductor market, raising its 2023 revenue outlook from $518.8bn to $526.5bn, and its 2024 revenue expectation from $625.9bn to $632.8bn.
News categories: IDC, Rudy Torrijos, Mario Morales, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Inflation driving telecommunication services revenue growth
Nov 3, 2023 – According to IDC, worldwide spending on telecommunication and pay TV services will reach $1.55 trillion in 2023, up 3.0% over 2022. The traditional Pay TV market is expected to decline slightly.
News categories: IDC, Kresimir Alic, Digital TV, Market Research, TV Services, Worldwide
India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
Sep 25, 2023 – According to IDC, 4.5 million TVs were shipped to India in 1H23, up 8% YoY. Sales by e-tailers, new launches/model refreshes and clearing of old inventory fueled the growth.
News categories: IDC, Upasana Joshi, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Smart TV
Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
Sep 19, 2023 – Worldwide augmented reality and virtual reality (AR/VR) headset shipments declined for the fourth quarter in a row as volumes fell 44.6% YoY during the second quarter of 2023, according to IDC.
News categories: IDC, Jitesh Ubrani, Ramon T. Llamas, Market Research, Metaverse, Worldwide
Vestel TiVo-powered Smart TVs expected for this year's holiday season
Aug 30, 2023 – At IFA 2023, Xperi (NYSE: XPER) will demonstrate its platform for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) to engage their audience, regardless of whether it is through a smart TV or in the car.
News categories: Xperi, IDC, Jon Kirchner, Greg Ireland, Digital TV, IFABerlin, In-Car, Smart TV, TV OS, Worldwide
Worldwide shipments of Smart Home devices continue to decline in 2023
Jun 27, 2023 – Global shipments of smart home devices continued to decline in the first quarter of 2023 as shipments fell 5.6% year over year to 186.0 million units, according to IDC.
News categories: IDC, Jitesh Ubrani, Adam Wright, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
AR/VR headset shipments slowed in Q1 2023
Jun 1, 2023 – According to IDC, global shipments of AR and VR headsets slowed significantly in Q1 2023 as economic conditions worsened and the market cooled compared to pandemic driven highs seen last year.
News categories: IDC, Jitesh Ubrani, Digital TV, Hardware, Market Research, Metaverse, Worldwide
EMEA spending on telecom and pay TV services to grow 2.7% this year
May 16, 2023 – Spending on telecom and pay TV services in the EMEA region grew by 2.4% in 2022, reaching $449bn, according to IDC. IDC expects spending this year to increase by 2.7% to reach a total of $461bn.
News categories: IDC, Kresimir Alic, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Middle-East
Spending on telecom services and pay TV to grow by 2.0% next year
May 5, 2023 – Worldwide spending on Telecom Services and Pay TV Services reached $1,478 billion in 2022, increasing by 2.2% Y-o-Y, according to IDC. IDC expects an increase of 2.0% next year to reach a total of $1,541 billion.
News categories: IDC, Kresimir Alic, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
- Tele Columbus goes live with PŸUR TV STB featuring 3SS UX
- Two more Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Gracenote launches automotive infotainment metadata platform
- YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward