Digital TV News: IDC
ACCESS licenses Ligada iSuite for NetFront Browser BE HbbTV testing
Apr 12, 2021 – ACCESS has licensed Ligada iSuite from Eurofins to ensure that its NetFront Browser BE provides a compliant platform for CE manufacturers offering Android and Linux based HbbTV Smart TVs and broadcaster OTT services.
News categories: ACCESS Europe, Eurofins, Dr. Neale Foster, Dr. Bob Campbell, Android TV, Digital TV, HbbTV, HTML5, QoE, Smart TV, UK, Worldwide
Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 5.4% in 2020, according to IDC
Feb 2, 2021 – Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew to $442 billion in 2020, an increase of 5.4% compared to 2019, according to IDC. IDC forecasts the semiconductor market will reach $476 billion in 2021.
News categories: IDC, Shane Rau, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
InterDigital announces completion of VVC and V-PCC MPEG standards
Dec 17, 2020 – InterDigital (NASDAQ: IDCC) has announced the finalization of the VVC and V-PCC video standards. VVC improves HEVC performance by 50%, while V-PCC is the first MPEG compression standard for dynamic point cloud content for immersive video experiences.
News categories: InterDigital, Lionel Oisel, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, VR, Worldwide
Vewd integrates support for BML and Hybridcast
Dec 3, 2020 – Vewd has announced support for Broadcast Markup Language (BML) and Hybridcast in Vewd Core. Vewd Core with BML and Hybridcast provides devices with a unified OTT and hybrid TV environment ready for the Japanese market.
News categories: Vewd, Aneesh Rajaram, Digital TV, In-Car, Japan, Smart TV, UX
InterDigital and Futuresource release video sustainability report
Dec 2, 2020 – According to a study released by InterDigital (NASDAQ: IDCC) and Futuresource, sustainability will require consumers and businesses to embrace sustainable practices to offset the growing carbon footprint of the video industry.
News categories: InterDigital, Futuresource, Henry Tirri, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Worldwide spending on AR/VR to deliver strong growth through 2024
Nov 17, 2020 – Worldwide spending on augmented reality and virtual reality (AR/VR) is forecast to accelerate out of the pandemic, growing from just over $12.0 billion this year to $72.8 billion in 2024, according to IDC.
News categories: IDC, Stacey Soohoo, Tom Mainelli, Market Research, VR, Worldwide
Telcos in Asia/Pacific performing better than expected
Nov 6, 2020 – Worldwide spending on telecommunication and pay TV services will reach $1,565 billion in 2020, representing a decline of 1.1% year on year, according to IDC. The market is not expected to achieve pre-COVID-19 spending levels until 2022.
News categories: IDC, Asia, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
EMEA Smart Home market expected to rebound in 2H 2020
Oct 12, 2020 – The smart home market in EMEA declined 7.2% in the second quarter of 2020, compared to the same period of the previous year, according to IDC. The market accounted for 20.287 million units between April and June.
News categories: IDC, Antonio Arantes, Jan Prenosil, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Smart Home
Vecima Networks to power Midco's TiVo-based IPTV service
Sep 30, 2020 – Midco has selected Vecima Networks' (TSX: VCM) MediaScaleX video delivery solution to power its new IPTV solution, MidcoTV. MediaScaleX enables IPTV functionality including VOD, Linear, Start Over, Catch-Up TV, and nDVR.
News categories: Vecima Networks, Midco, TiVo, Clay McCreery, Jon Pederson, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, USA, UX
- Facebook Watch TV app available for Vewd-enabled devices
- Western Europe to have 234 million SVOD subscriptions in 2026
- SITI Networks launches apps and Android TV STB with Nagra
- FreeWheel addressable technology unifies linear TV and digital video advertising
- Crackle app launches on Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex
- Research suggests CTV ads more effective than linear
- Mowies optimizes cloud streaming workflow with Harmonic
- Mola TV taps Viaccess-Orca to monetize EPL video streaming
- Streamhub enhances video audience analytics with Kantar data
- Eurofins announces NEXTGEN TV test suite for 2022 receivers
- Roku begins Roku OS 10 roll-out
- Roku Express 4K+ and Roku Voice Remote Pro launched in U.S.
- Fraunhofer and Sinclair working to bring Digital Radio Mondiale to ATSC 3.0
- Vodafone España adopts targeted content promotion from TiVo
- 3SS selected by FreeCast for SelectTV multiscreen UX
- LTN Global launches universal signaling for linear addressable TV advertising
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 10.4% in 2020
- Freeview Australia launches integrated HbbTV platform
- ACCESS licenses Ligada iSuite for NetFront Browser BE HbbTV testing
- PubMatic to integrate Samba TV data for CTV audience targeting