Digital TV News: Jason Blackwell
Multiplay bundle subscriptions drive UK revenue growth
Jul 26, 2016 – From 2015 to 2020, UK Quad Play revenues will triple, while total multiplay market revenues grow by 34 percent. Double Play subscriptions will peak in 2016 and begin to decline as customers move to Triple and Quad-Play bundles.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Jason Blackwell, Josie Sephton, Digital TV, Market Research, UK
US pay TV subscribers decline in 2Q15, but ARPU is up
Aug 20, 2015 – According to Strategy Analytics, the reversal of fortune for the digital television operators in North America continued into the second quarter of 2015, as service providers in the US and Canada posted significant subscriber losses.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Jason Blackwell, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
Top US pay TV operators added 101,000 subscribers in 4Q14
Mar 5, 2015 – The top Pay TV operators in the United States added 101,000 new subscribers during the fourth quarter, according to Strategy Analytics. The declining trend in Pay TV subscribers in North America, seen during the second and third quarters, reversed in the fourth quarter.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Jason Blackwell, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
InterDigital to show Perceptual Pre-Processing at CableLabs Summer Conference
Aug 4, 2014 – InterDigital (Nasdaq:IDCC) is to demonstrate its Perceptual Pre-Processing video streaming solution at the CableLabs Summer Conference. Perceptual Pre-Processing filters out content that the human eye cannot see to deliver equivalent perceived quality while reducing bit rates.
News categories: InterDigital, James J. Nolan, Jason Blackwell, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
US pay TV subscriptions poised for rebound after 2013 decline
Apr 15, 2014 – The Pay TV market in the US has faced challenges for several years, which culminated in a 0.58% loss in total subscribers in 2013. However, recent research from Strategy Analytics forecasts a return to growth in 2014.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Jason Blackwell, Eric Smith, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
Global digital television households to exceed 1 billion by 2014
Jun 20, 2013 – Global digital television (DTV) households will continue a growth trend, and exceed 1 billion by the end of 2014 -- a significant increase from the end of 2012 when digital cable, satellite, IPTV and terrestrial (DTT) households totaled 755 million.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
North American DTV Subscriptions Continue on Growth Trajectory
Jun 21, 2012 – The North American Digital Television (DTV) market is continuing on a growth trajectory despite continued talk of cord cutting, according to the latest research from Strategy Analytics.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, North America, Satellite, Subscribers
Technicolor, Entropic Power Comcast Xfinity HD Video Calling Experience
May 21, 2012 – Technicolor (Paris:TCH) and Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) have announced that Comcast's (NASDAQ: CMCSA, CMCSK) Xfinity HD video calling service uses a custom-developed adapter from Technicolor powered by a broadcast system-on-a-chip from Entropic.
News categories: Technicolor, Entropic, Comcast, Cable TV, Semiconductor, Social TV, USA
Worldwide Pay-TV Revenue on the Rise, to Reach $236 Billion at the End of 2012
Dec 20, 2011 – According to ABI Research, the worldwide pay-TV market will continue to grow to generate service revenues of $236 billion by the end of next year. Cable TV operators continue to face increasing competition from IPTV and over-the-top (OTT) services.
News categories: ABI Research, Cable TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite
- Cinedigm partners with Vewd for global OTT channel distribution
- 3SS and Technicolor upgrade Com Hem Tv Hub to Android P
- Pay TV ARPU at record high levels in the Nordics
- Applicaster Quick Brick Framework speeds video app development
- Evolution Digital launches Android TV device management platform
- Zixi powers 4K UHD Bloomberg TV+ service
- Telekom Malaysia selects Skyworth as 4K Android TV Operator Tier partner
- FourthWall Media adds Neilsen Smart TV ACR data to analytics platform
- TDS Telecom rolls-out IP video and Cloud DVR with Velocix
- A1now selects Vionlabs for AI-powered recommendations
- Global AVOD expenditure to double
- Gem Shopping Network to use Comscore TV measurement
- United Group makes strategic investment in Forthnet
- Disney+ and Apple TV+ both see success during first six months in the market
- Comcast, Charter and ViacomCBS announce Blockgraph partnership
- Britbox app now available on BT TV set-top boxes
- Conviva partners with Akamai on QoE intelligence
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Bouygues Telecom replaces set-top box with Smart TV app
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy