Digital TV News: Jason Thibeault
ARK Multicasting demonstrates ATSC 3.0-based 'OTA-CDN'
Nov 3, 2022 – ARK Multicasting has successfully completed a proof of concept 'OTA-CDN'. The OTA-CDN architecture is developed so any CDN can delegate delivery requests to ARK's ATSC-3.0 system based on business rules and capacity telemetry.
News categories: ARK Multicasting, SiliconDust, Broadpeak, SVTA, Joshua Weiss, Nick Kelsey, Guillaume Bichot, Jason Thibeault, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, TV-over-IP, USA
Streaming Video Alliance announces new technical specifications
Mar 10, 2022 – The Streaming Video Alliance has approved new technical specifications. The Configuration Interface documents specify the motivational drivers, use cases, and standards for a configuration interface to facilitate interoperability within the CDN and Open Caching ecosystems.
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Jason Thibeault, Glenn Goldstein, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Streaming Video Alliance tests caching API interoperability
Aug 26, 2021 – The Streaming Video Alliance has demonstrated interoperability of its APIs between multiple providers on its Open Caching Testbed. The testbed is intended to validate the Open Caching concept and the Alliance's specifications.
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Broadpeak, Telefónica, Jason Thibeault, Alicia Pritchett, Chris Hock, Guillaume Bichot, Francisco Cano, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Broadpeak demonstrates Streaming Video Alliance Open Caching APIs
Mar 25, 2021 – Broadpeak has performed a live demonstration of Streaming Video Alliance Open Caching APIs. The APIs enable local caching which reduces traffic across a telecom operator's core network and improves QoE.
News categories: Broadpeak, Streaming Video Alliance, Guillaume Bichot, Jason Thibeault, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Streaming Video Alliance releases new technical specifications
Dec 22, 2020 – The Streaming Video Alliance has announced that two technical specifications are now available - the Open Caching Performance Measurement Specification and the Securing Streaming Video Specification.
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Jason Thibeault, Content Protection, Digital TV, QoE, Streaming, Worldwide
Streaming Video Alliance publishes documents on ad delivery for OTT and 360°/VR
Sep 14, 2018 – The Streaming Video Alliance has announced the availability of two newly approved documents. The documents cover advertisement delivery across OTT and the current state of 360-degree video and best practices
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Jason Thibeault, Mourad Kioumgi, Brian Stevenson, Ori Finkelman, Eric Klein, Advertising, Digital TV, IBC2022, Metaverse, Streaming, Worldwide
Streaming Video Alliance shows how forensic watermarking helps combat online video piracy
Jul 24, 2018 – The Streaming Video Alliance (the Alliance) has announced the publication of a technical document that provides considerations for implementing forensic watermarking as a tactic for combatting the piracy of online video content.
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Jason Thibeault, Digital TV, Streaming, Watermarking, Worldwide
Google joins the Streaming Video Alliance
May 10, 2018 – The Streaming Video Alliance, an industry forum solving challenges to improve the video experience, has announced at its Annual Meeting that Google has joined as its newest member.
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Viacom, Google, Jason Thibeault, Glenn Goldstein, Alec Hendry, Content Distribution, QoE, Streaming, Worldwide
Streaming Video Alliance releases Open Caching Working Group specifications
Jul 20, 2017 – The Streaming Video Alliance has announced the availability of two new technical specification documents from the Open Caching Working Group. In addition, the Open Caching Working Group has introduced a new sub group for Edge Storage, led by Western Digital.
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Western Digital, Jason Thibeault, Enosh Levi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
- TF1 implements Irdeto Control to protect World Cup streams
- Premium online video rebounds in Southeast Asia
- Magyar Telekom selects ThinkAnalytics for content discovery and targeted promotions
- NextGen TV launches on seven local TV stations in Birmingham, AL
- Helwa TV channel launches on Arabsat's BADR-6
- Discovery+ launches on DIRECTV and DIRECTV STREAM
- AWS Clean Rooms launched
- Prime Video heads Parks Associates list of top U.S. SVOD services
- VIDAA brings football to Google TV and Android TV
- Deloitte predicts ads on all streaming services
- Hybrid AVOD/SVOD to drive major subscription platforms
- Consumer VR shipments in China to approach 7 million units in 2026
- Tulix and WiseDV power Hollywire CTV channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Pluto TV debuts in Canada
- Disney Clean Room technology integrated with VideoAmp
- Smart TV shipments in India up 38% YoY in Q3 2022
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire