Digital TV News: Johan Buse
StarHub TV+ integrates Amazon Prime Video streaming app
Nov 1, 2021 – StarHub has announced the launch of Amazon’s streaming service Amazon Prime Video on StarHub TV+. Amazon Prime Video is the ninth OTT service to be fully integrated within StarHub TV+.
News categories: StarHub, Prime Video, Johan Buse, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Singapore
StarHub to distribute Disney+ in Singapore
Jan 7, 2021 – StarHub has announced that it has signed an exclusive agreement with The Walt Disney Company to become the official distributor of Disney+ in Singapore via StarHub’s TV, mobile and broadband offerings.
News categories: StarHub, Disney, Johan Buse, Amit Malhotra, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mobile, Singapore, Streaming
StarHub TV+ service and set-top box launched
Sep 10, 2020 – StarHub has announced StarHub TV+ is an all-in-one offering giving customers streaming services, apps and TV programmes through a single platform. The service is supported by a new StarHub TV+ Box bsaed on Android TV.
News categories: StarHub, Johan Buse, Android TV, Digital TV, Fibre, Set Top Box, Singapore, TV Everywhere
StarHub bundles broadband, entertainment and Netflix
Mar 6, 2020 – StarHub has teamed up with Netflix to deliver the best of entertainment and connectivity. The HomeHub Plus bundle features all-in-one broadband, TV entertainment and Netflix subscription, offering entertainment at home and on the go.
News categories: StarHub, Netflix, Johan Buse, Tony Zameczkowski, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Singapore, Streaming
StarHub completes cable-to-fibre migration
Sep 30, 2019 – StarHub has announced the completion of the cable-to-fibre migration for its TV and broadband services. Over the past 10 months, StarHub has assisted hundreds of thousands of customers to migrate from cable services to high-speed fibre services.
News categories: StarHub, Johan Buse, Cable TV, Digital TV, Fibre, Singapore
Ooredoo Oman launches multiscreen TV with Netgem
Mar 28, 2017 – Netgem has been selected by Ooredoo to deploy its multi-screen TV-as-a-service solution in Oman. This agreement is the first deployment of Netgem in the Middle East, and positions the company as vendor of choice in the region.
News categories: Netgem, Ooredoo, Sylvain Thevenot, Johan Buse, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile, Oman, UX
- More TV programmers tap Beachfront and Canoe to optimize ad revenues
- Accedo powers TVO and TVOkids apps in Canada
- Competition Commission of India approves Zee-SonyLIV merger, with conditions
- TV panel prices break five quarter fall in October
- 3SS and P3 partner for in-car entertainment on Android Automotive OS
- VideoAmp adds second-by-second ad performance measurement
- LG webOS Hub offers more customization for TV makers, more content for viewers
- Almost 2/3s of U.S. video streaming subscribers canceled a service in the last year
- Disney+ and Star+ relaunch on PS5 consoles
- 4Sales partners with ViewersLogic on TV attribution for Channel 4
- Astro Malaysia goes live with Synamedia engagement analytics
- Nielsen enables 'Always On' YouTube ad measurement
- Xperi completes spin-off to become independent public company
- Digicel launches OTT and IPTV services in the Caribbean with mediaClass
- Vodafone Portugal to acquire Nowo
- Eurofins divests Digital Testing business
- Smart Home device growth slows along with global economy, says IDC
- U.S. streamers now only spend 1 in 3 hours using traditional platforms
- ContentBay launches, bringing content licensing into the digital era
- Qualcomm and Rohde & Schwarz unveil 5G Broadcast system at IMC22