Digital TV News: Johan Buse
StarHub TV+ integrates Amazon Prime Video streaming app
Nov 1, 2021 – StarHub has announced the launch of Amazon’s streaming service Amazon Prime Video on StarHub TV+. Amazon Prime Video is the ninth OTT service to be fully integrated within StarHub TV+.
News categories: StarHub, Prime Video, Johan Buse, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Singapore
StarHub to distribute Disney+ in Singapore
Jan 7, 2021 – StarHub has announced that it has signed an exclusive agreement with The Walt Disney Company to become the official distributor of Disney+ in Singapore via StarHub’s TV, mobile and broadband offerings.
News categories: StarHub, Disney, Johan Buse, Amit Malhotra, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mobile, Singapore, Streaming
StarHub TV+ service and set-top box launched
Sep 10, 2020 – StarHub has announced StarHub TV+ is an all-in-one offering giving customers streaming services, apps and TV programmes through a single platform. The service is supported by a new StarHub TV+ Box bsaed on Android TV.
News categories: StarHub, Johan Buse, Android TV, Digital TV, Fibre, Set Top Box, Singapore, TV Everywhere
StarHub bundles broadband, entertainment and Netflix
Mar 6, 2020 – StarHub has teamed up with Netflix to deliver the best of entertainment and connectivity. The HomeHub Plus bundle features all-in-one broadband, TV entertainment and Netflix subscription, offering entertainment at home and on the go.
News categories: StarHub, Netflix, Johan Buse, Tony Zameczkowski, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Singapore, Streaming
StarHub completes cable-to-fibre migration
Sep 30, 2019 – StarHub has announced the completion of the cable-to-fibre migration for its TV and broadband services. Over the past 10 months, StarHub has assisted hundreds of thousands of customers to migrate from cable services to high-speed fibre services.
News categories: StarHub, Johan Buse, Cable TV, Digital TV, Fibre, Singapore
Ooredoo Oman launches multiscreen TV with Netgem
Mar 28, 2017 – Netgem has been selected by Ooredoo to deploy its multi-screen TV-as-a-service solution in Oman. This agreement is the first deployment of Netgem in the Middle East, and positions the company as vendor of choice in the region.
News categories: Netgem, Ooredoo, Sylvain Thevenot, Johan Buse, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile, Oman, UX
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media