Digital TV News: Johan Buse
StarHub TV+ integrates Amazon Prime Video streaming app
Nov 1, 2021 – StarHub has announced the launch of Amazon’s streaming service Amazon Prime Video on StarHub TV+. Amazon Prime Video is the ninth OTT service to be fully integrated within StarHub TV+.
News categories: StarHub, Prime Video, Johan Buse, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Singapore
StarHub to distribute Disney+ in Singapore
Jan 7, 2021 – StarHub has announced that it has signed an exclusive agreement with The Walt Disney Company to become the official distributor of Disney+ in Singapore via StarHub’s TV, mobile and broadband offerings.
News categories: StarHub, Disney, Johan Buse, Amit Malhotra, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mobile, Singapore, Streaming
StarHub TV+ service and set-top box launched
Sep 10, 2020 – StarHub has announced StarHub TV+ is an all-in-one offering giving customers streaming services, apps and TV programmes through a single platform. The service is supported by a new StarHub TV+ Box bsaed on Android TV.
News categories: StarHub, Johan Buse, Android TV, Digital TV, Fibre, Set Top Box, Singapore, TV Everywhere
StarHub bundles broadband, entertainment and Netflix
Mar 6, 2020 – StarHub has teamed up with Netflix to deliver the best of entertainment and connectivity. The HomeHub Plus bundle features all-in-one broadband, TV entertainment and Netflix subscription, offering entertainment at home and on the go.
News categories: StarHub, Netflix, Johan Buse, Tony Zameczkowski, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Singapore, Streaming
StarHub completes cable-to-fibre migration
Sep 30, 2019 – StarHub has announced the completion of the cable-to-fibre migration for its TV and broadband services. Over the past 10 months, StarHub has assisted hundreds of thousands of customers to migrate from cable services to high-speed fibre services.
News categories: StarHub, Johan Buse, Cable TV, Digital TV, Fibre, Singapore
Ooredoo Oman launches multiscreen TV with Netgem
Mar 28, 2017 – Netgem has been selected by Ooredoo to deploy its multi-screen TV-as-a-service solution in Oman. This agreement is the first deployment of Netgem in the Middle East, and positions the company as vendor of choice in the region.
News categories: Netgem, Ooredoo, Sylvain Thevenot, Johan Buse, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile, Oman, UX
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated