Digital TV News: Johan Buse
StarHub TV+ integrates Amazon Prime Video streaming app
Nov 1, 2021 – StarHub has announced the launch of Amazon’s streaming service Amazon Prime Video on StarHub TV+. Amazon Prime Video is the ninth OTT service to be fully integrated within StarHub TV+.
News categories: StarHub, Prime Video, Johan Buse, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Singapore
StarHub to distribute Disney+ in Singapore
Jan 7, 2021 – StarHub has announced that it has signed an exclusive agreement with The Walt Disney Company to become the official distributor of Disney+ in Singapore via StarHub’s TV, mobile and broadband offerings.
News categories: StarHub, Disney, Johan Buse, Amit Malhotra, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mobile, Singapore, Streaming
StarHub TV+ service and set-top box launched
Sep 10, 2020 – StarHub has announced StarHub TV+ is an all-in-one offering giving customers streaming services, apps and TV programmes through a single platform. The service is supported by a new StarHub TV+ Box bsaed on Android TV.
News categories: StarHub, Johan Buse, Android TV, Digital TV, Fibre, Set Top Box, Singapore, TV Everywhere
StarHub bundles broadband, entertainment and Netflix
Mar 6, 2020 – StarHub has teamed up with Netflix to deliver the best of entertainment and connectivity. The HomeHub Plus bundle features all-in-one broadband, TV entertainment and Netflix subscription, offering entertainment at home and on the go.
News categories: StarHub, Netflix, Johan Buse, Tony Zameczkowski, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Singapore, Streaming
StarHub completes cable-to-fibre migration
Sep 30, 2019 – StarHub has announced the completion of the cable-to-fibre migration for its TV and broadband services. Over the past 10 months, StarHub has assisted hundreds of thousands of customers to migrate from cable services to high-speed fibre services.
News categories: StarHub, Johan Buse, Cable TV, Digital TV, Fibre, Singapore
Ooredoo Oman launches multiscreen TV with Netgem
Mar 28, 2017 – Netgem has been selected by Ooredoo to deploy its multi-screen TV-as-a-service solution in Oman. This agreement is the first deployment of Netgem in the Middle East, and positions the company as vendor of choice in the region.
News categories: Netgem, Ooredoo, Sylvain Thevenot, Johan Buse, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile, Oman, UX
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December