Digital TV News: John Carlucci
Alticast teams with Vidéotron for Canada's first 4K UHD STB
Mar 23, 2016 – Alticast has announced that it has helped Videotron to be the first Canadian cable operator to make available a 4K ultra high definition set-top box on a commercial basis across its entire service footprint.
News categories: Alticast, Videotron, John Carlucci, Pierre Roy, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Alticast, S&T and UniSoft demonstrate TV apps for ATSC at NAB 2015
Apr 8, 2015 – At NAB 2015, Alticast, Strategy & Technology (S&T) and UniSoft are partnering to demonstrate how the companies combined technologies enable broadcasters to deliver ATSC Interactive applications by overlaying graphics onto their video content.
News categories: Alticast, Strategy & Technology, UniSoft, John Carlucci, Adrian Fowkes, Guy Hadland, Apps, ATSC 3, NABShow, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Alticast provides software for Videotron H8 PVR
Dec 1, 2014 – Alticast has announced that its engineers were responsible for developing much of the software for Videotron's X8 multiroom HD PVR. The X8 enables Videotron subscribers to simultaneously record up to eight different programs.
News categories: Alticast, Videotron, John Carlucci, Marie-Ginette Lepage, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware
Alticast and S&T demo interactive TV applications for ATSC 2.0 at IBCShow
Sep 8, 2014 – Alticast and Strategy & Technology (S&T) will demonstrate at IBC 2014 how the companies combined technologies enable broadcasters to deliver ATSC 2.0 applications by overlaying graphics onto their video content.
News categories: Alticast, Strategy & Technology, John Carlucci, Adrian Fowkes, Apps, ATSC 3, Digital TV, HTML5, IBC2022, USA
Alticast to demo RDK-based 'Set Top Box on a Stick'
Feb 6, 2014 – At the RDK User's Conference in Denver, Alticast will demonstrate to operators how they can expand their TV Everywhere service offerings with the company's software for HDMI sticks.
News categories: Alticast, John Carlucci, Cable TV, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, USA
Alticast 'Windmill' interactive ecosystem for TV operators at The Cable Show
May 7, 2012 – Alticast has announced that they will present 'Windmill™,' their complete product eco-system based on the company's next generation service delivery platform, at The Cable Show in Boston, May 21-23.
News categories: Alticast, Videon Central, Middleware
Social Media Meets the Set-Top Box with FreedTV
Dec 16, 2009 – FreedTV has announced the first cross-platform social media television application supporting real-time connectivity to mainstream television set-top boxes (STBs).
News categories: FreedTV, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Social TV, Streaming, USA
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
- Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023
- Netgem completes sale of Fibre France business to Nordnet
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania