Digital TV News: John Godfrey
Samsung and partners demonstrate live UHD HDR TV via ATSC 3.0 at CES2016
Jan 6, 2016 – At CES 2016, Samsung, Sinclair Broadcast, ONE Media, Pearl TV and TeamCast are demonstrating the broadcast and receiving capabilities of ATSC 3.0. The demonstration includes reception of Ultra HD HDR 4K content in a live transmission originating from a local broadcast TV station.
News categories: Samsung, Sinclair Broadcast, ONE Media, Pearl TV, TeamCast, John Godfrey, Mark Aitken, Kevin Gage, Anne Schelle, Eric Pinson, ATSC, CES2020, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Smart TV, Terrestrial, Worldwide
Technicolor and Fraunhofer announce MPEG-H Audio licensing program
Aug 26, 2015 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH; OTCQX: TCLRY) and Fraunhofer IIS have announced the formation of a licensing program as part of the market introduction of the TV audio system developed by the MPEG-H Audio Alliance.
News categories: Technicolor, Fraunhofer, Sinclair Broadcast, Samsung, Manuele Wahl, Bernhard Grill, Mark Aitken, John Godfrey, ATSC, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, USA, Worldwide
Samsung, Pearl TV and Sinclair to collaborate on ATSC 3.0
Jun 17, 2015 – Samsung has announced an MOU with Pearl TV, a partnership of nine leading TV broadcast companies, and Sinclair Broadcast to work collaboratively to support the development and the implementation of the ATSC 3.0 standard.
News categories: Samsung, Pearl TV, Sinclair, John Godfrey, Anne Schelle, Mark Aitken, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
Samsung, Comark and TeamCast demonstrate ATSC 3.0 at CES
Jan 6, 2015 – Samsung, Comark and TeamCast will demonstrate the world’s first terrestrial broadcast of full ATSC3.0 technology at CES 2015. The demonstration will show a live transmission of MPEG-H HEVC Ultra HD video and MPEG-H 3D audio content.
News categories: Comark, TeamCast, Samsung, Richard E. Fiore, Eric Pinson, John Godfrey, ATSC, CES2020, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
ATSC 3.0 Technology Group To Explore Next-Generation Broadcasting
Sep 6, 2011 – The ATSC has formed a new technology group to develop 'ATSC 3.0,' a series of voluntary standards and recommended practices for a next-generation digital terrestrial TV broadcast system that would serve viewers and TV stations for decades to come.
News categories: Advanced Television Systems Committee, ATSC, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, USA, VR
Samsung Helps Move A-VSB Mobile TV Standard Closer to Adoption and Nationwide Availability
Jan 6, 2008 – Samsung Electronics provided several exciting updates to the audience at CES 2008 on the progress of Advanced-VSB (A-VSB), its proposed mobile television standard that will be a dramatic enhancement to the transmission of digital television in the United States.
News categories: Samsung Electronics, CES2020, Digital TV, Mobile, Tablet, USA
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature
- AfricaXP adds DTH capacity from Eutelsat for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
- 'Tapering subscriber acquisitions' for Dish TV India in 4Q 2019
- Movistar Spain launches new voice remote control
- Irdeto confirmed as security partner for Mitele Plus
- Swedish streaming market saturating
- Tubi monthly active users grow to 25 million
- beIN SPORTS strikes partnership with XUMO TV
- Cinedigm’s Viewster app available on Foxxum-supporting devices
- Liberty extends Netflix partnership in Europe
- beIN SPORTS XTRA added to Samsung TV Plus
- Sinclair Broadcast joins Pearl TV broadcast business organization
- WISI ABR transcoding approved for Minerva YourTV Now cloud video
- Radix to launch Android TV device management at MWC
- Canada's Media Technology Monitor reports on SVOD, podcasting, co-viewing and more
- Disney+ to reach 126 million subscribers globally
- 605 launches 605 PLATF0RM measurement and analytics for TV
- Intertrust and Friend MTS extend partnership to streaming piracy