Digital TV News: John Stankey
New AT&T, TPG entity to take over AT&T’s U.S. video business
Feb 25, 2021 – AT&T (NYSE: T) and TPG Capital have announced that they are to establish a new company named DIRECTV that will own and operate AT&T’s U.S. video business unit consisting of the DIRECTV, AT&T TV and U-verse video services.
News categories: AT&T, TPG Capital, Bill Morrow, John Stankey, David Trujillo, John Flynn, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Satellite, USA
HBO Max at 4.1M; AT&T U.S. down 954k; Vrio down 2.5M video subs in 2Q 2020
Jul 23, 2020 – AT&T (NYSE:T) has reported results for Q2 2020. HBO Max had 4.1 million subscribers after 1 month of operation.For the quarter, U.S. video subscribers were down 854,000, and Vrio subscribers were down 312,000 excluding the closure of DIRECTV Venezuela.
News categories: AT&T, John Stankey, Digital TV, IPTV, Latin America, OTT, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
WarnerMedia unveils HBO Max
Oct 30, 2019 – WarnerMedia has unveiled details about its HBO Max direct-to-consumer strategy, revealing a comprehensive offering of programming options for every audience, product features and functionality, and its go-to-market plans.
News categories: WarnerMedia, HBO Max, AT&T, Robert Greenblatt, Ann Sarnoff, Kevin Reilly, John Stankey, Tony Goncalves, Digital TV, OTT, USA
WarnerMedia launches content innovation lab
Jan 22, 2019 – WarnerMedia has announced plans to launch the WarnerMedia Innovation Lab, an incubator that will combine emerging technologies with content from across its operating units to create new and innovative consumer experiences and businesses.
News categories: WarnerMedia, John Stankey, Jesse Redniss, 5G, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart Home, USA, VR
WarnerMedia announces plans for direct-to-consumer streaming service
Oct 10, 2018 – WarnerMedia has issued a statement announcing plans for a direct-to-consumer streaming service. The service will launch in the fourth quarter of 2019. The product will serve as a complement to WarnerMedia's existing businesses.
News categories: WarnerMedia, John Stankey, Digital TV, OTT, USA, Worldwide
AT&T completes acquisition of Time Warner Inc.
Jun 15, 2018 – AT&T (NYSE:T) has completed its acquisition of Time Warner, bringing together global media and entertainment leaders Warner Bros., HBO and Turner with AT&T’s leadership in technology and its video, mobile and broadband customer relationships.
News categories: AT&T, Time Warner, Randall Stephenson, John Donovan, John Stankey, Jeff Bewkes, Lori Lee, Brian Lesser, Digital TV, MandA, USA, Worldwide
AT&T offers 3 ways to stream video
Nov 28, 2016 – AT&T has begun offering 3 video streaming services – DIRECTV NOW, FreeVIEW and Fullscreen, delivering video over a technology platform that will have multiple product capabilities.
News categories: AT&T, John Stankey, Apps, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, USA
Fullscreen to launch SVOD service on April 26
Mar 30, 2016 – Fullscreen has announced plans to launch an ad-free SVOD service. Debuting internationally on April 26, the eponymous service fullscreen will include feature films, scripted and unscripted acquisitions and originals, as well as exclusive content.
News categories: Fullscreen, AT&T, George Strompolos, John Stankey, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, USA, Worldwide
AT&T to launch DIRECTV streaming services
Mar 1, 2016 – Later this year AT&T plans to launch the ability for customers to access and stream DIRECTV video services over a wired or wireless Internet connection from any provider and from virtually any device – smartphone, tablet, Smart TV, streaming media hardware or PC.
News categories: AT&T, John Stankey, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, USA
- 2021 shaping up to be year of programmatic TV advertising in Europe
- WarnerMedia RIDE app now available for U.S. Toyota and Lexus owners
- discovery+ launches on Xfinity Flex and soon on X1
- CommScope to spin-off Home Networks business
- Disney+ rollout in Southern Asia going strong
- Western Europe pay TV subscribers to fall by 4 million
- Spain gives international travel authorisation for MWC21
- $18 million of Series B funding for IRIS.TV
- 8K TV households to reach 72 million worldwide by 2025
- Delta Fiber selects Agama video monitoring and analytics
- CTA and NCTA extend STB energy efficiency agreement to 2025
- Altice USA completes acquisition of Morris Broadband
- MediaTek and Samsung introduce Wi-Fi 6E enabled 8K TV
- COVID supercharged online video and gaming consumption in 2020
- VlogBox uses Protected Media SDK for CTV ad fraud detection
- Ekstraklasa chooses Red Bee as technology partner for Ekstraklasa.TV
- Sony brings BRAVIA CORE film entertainment to BRAVIA XR TVs
- Minerva Networks deploys at Mahaska Communications in Iowa
- LG to withdraw from mobile phone market
- 27% of DTC streaming video services are shared in the U.S.