Digital TV News: John Stankey
AT&T to spin off interest in WarnerMedia to its shareholders
Feb 1, 2022 – AT&T (NYSE: T) will spin off its interest in WarnerMedia to AT&T's existing shareholders. The transaction, followed by the merger of WarnerMedia with Discovery (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK), is expected to close in 2Q 2022.
News categories: AT&T, WarnerMedia, Discovery, Inc, John Stankey, Digital TV, MandA, Worldwide
WarnerMedia and Discovery combine entertainment assets in standalone company
May 17, 2021 – AT&T (NYSE:T) and Discovery (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) have agreed to combine WarnerMedia's entertainment, sports and news assets with Discovery's non-fiction and international entertainment and sports businesses to create a standalone global entertainment company.
News categories: AT&T, Discovery, Inc, John Stankey, David Zaslav, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
New AT&T, TPG entity to take over AT&T’s U.S. video business
Feb 25, 2021 – AT&T (NYSE: T) and TPG Capital have announced that they are to establish a new company named DIRECTV that will own and operate AT&T’s U.S. video business unit consisting of the DIRECTV, AT&T TV and U-verse video services.
News categories: AT&T, TPG Capital, Bill Morrow, John Stankey, David Trujillo, John Flynn, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Satellite, USA
HBO Max at 4.1M; AT&T U.S. down 954k; Vrio down 2.5M video subs in 2Q 2020
Jul 23, 2020 – AT&T (NYSE:T) has reported results for Q2 2020. HBO Max had 4.1 million subscribers after 1 month of operation.For the quarter, U.S. video subscribers were down 854,000, and Vrio subscribers were down 312,000 excluding the closure of DIRECTV Venezuela.
News categories: AT&T, John Stankey, Digital TV, IPTV, Latin America, Results, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
WarnerMedia unveils HBO Max
Oct 30, 2019 – WarnerMedia has unveiled details about its HBO Max direct-to-consumer strategy, revealing a comprehensive offering of programming options for every audience, product features and functionality, and its go-to-market plans.
News categories: WarnerMedia, HBO Max, AT&T, Robert Greenblatt, Ann Sarnoff, Kevin Reilly, John Stankey, Tony Goncalves, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
WarnerMedia launches content innovation lab
Jan 22, 2019 – WarnerMedia has announced plans to launch the WarnerMedia Innovation Lab, an incubator that will combine emerging technologies with content from across its operating units to create new and innovative consumer experiences and businesses.
News categories: WarnerMedia, John Stankey, Jesse Redniss, 5G, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Metaverse, Smart Home, USA
WarnerMedia announces plans for direct-to-consumer streaming service
Oct 10, 2018 – WarnerMedia has issued a statement announcing plans for a direct-to-consumer streaming service. The service will launch in the fourth quarter of 2019. The product will serve as a complement to WarnerMedia's existing businesses.
News categories: WarnerMedia, John Stankey, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
AT&T completes acquisition of Time Warner Inc.
Jun 15, 2018 – AT&T (NYSE:T) has completed its acquisition of Time Warner, bringing together global media and entertainment leaders Warner Bros., HBO and Turner with AT&T’s leadership in technology and its video, mobile and broadband customer relationships.
News categories: AT&T, Time Warner, Randall Stephenson, John Donovan, John Stankey, Jeff Bewkes, Lori Lee, Brian Lesser, Digital TV, MandA, USA, Worldwide
AT&T offers 3 ways to stream video
Nov 28, 2016 – AT&T has begun offering 3 video streaming services – DIRECTV NOW, FreeVIEW and Fullscreen, delivering video over a technology platform that will have multiple product capabilities.
News categories: AT&T, John Stankey, Apps, Digital TV, Mobile, Streaming, USA
- Tulix and WiseDV power Hollywire CTV channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Pluto TV debuts in Canada
- Disney Clean Room technology integrated with VideoAmp
- Smart TV shipments in India up 38% YoY in Q3 2022
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
- U.S. consumers watch over six hours of video per week on their mobiles
- Semiconductor market expected to decline slightly in 2023
- 6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
- Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
- KONKA plans GCC region expansion
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management