Digital TV News: John Stankey
WarnerMedia unveils HBO Max
Oct 30, 2019 – WarnerMedia has unveiled details about its HBO Max direct-to-consumer strategy, revealing a comprehensive offering of programming options for every audience, product features and functionality, and its go-to-market plans.
News categories: WarnerMedia, HBO Max, AT&T, Robert Greenblatt, Ann Sarnoff, Kevin Reilly, John Stankey, Tony Goncalves, Digital TV, OTT, USA
WarnerMedia launches content innovation lab
Jan 22, 2019 – WarnerMedia has announced plans to launch the WarnerMedia Innovation Lab, an incubator that will combine emerging technologies with content from across its operating units to create new and innovative consumer experiences and businesses.
News categories: WarnerMedia, John Stankey, Jesse Redniss, 5G, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart Home, USA, VR
WarnerMedia announces plans for direct-to-consumer streaming service
Oct 10, 2018 – WarnerMedia has issued a statement announcing plans for a direct-to-consumer streaming service. The service will launch in the fourth quarter of 2019. The product will serve as a complement to WarnerMedia's existing businesses.
News categories: WarnerMedia, John Stankey, Digital TV, OTT, USA, Worldwide
AT&T completes acquisition of Time Warner Inc.
Jun 15, 2018 – AT&T (NYSE:T) has completed its acquisition of Time Warner, bringing together global media and entertainment leaders Warner Bros., HBO and Turner with AT&T’s leadership in technology and its video, mobile and broadband customer relationships.
News categories: AT&T, Time Warner, Randall Stephenson, John Donovan, John Stankey, Jeff Bewkes, Lori Lee, Brian Lesser, Digital TV, MnA, USA, Worldwide
AT&T offers 3 ways to stream video
Nov 28, 2016 – AT&T has begun offering 3 video streaming services – DIRECTV NOW, FreeVIEW and Fullscreen, delivering video over a technology platform that will have multiple product capabilities.
News categories: AT&T, John Stankey, Apps, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, USA
Fullscreen to launch SVOD service on April 26
Mar 30, 2016 – Fullscreen has announced plans to launch an ad-free SVOD service. Debuting internationally on April 26, the eponymous service fullscreen will include feature films, scripted and unscripted acquisitions and originals, as well as exclusive content.
News categories: Fullscreen, AT&T, George Strompolos, John Stankey, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, USA, Worldwide
AT&T to launch DIRECTV streaming services
Mar 1, 2016 – Later this year AT&T plans to launch the ability for customers to access and stream DIRECTV video services over a wired or wireless Internet connection from any provider and from virtually any device – smartphone, tablet, Smart TV, streaming media hardware or PC.
News categories: AT&T, John Stankey, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, USA
AT&T completes acquisition of DIRECTV
Jul 24, 2015 – AT&T (NYSE:T) has completed its acquisition of DIRECTV. AT&T is now the largest pay TV provider in the U.S. and the world, providing service to more than 26 million customers in the United States and more than 19 million customers in Latin America.
News categories: AT&T, DIRECTV, Randall Stephenson, John Stankey, Mike White, Caribbean, Digital TV, IPTV, Latin America, Mexico, MnA, Satellite, USA
The Chernin Group and AT&T create OTT joint venture
Apr 22, 2014 – AT&T (NYSE:T) and The Chernin Group have announced the formation of a venture to acquire, invest in and launch OTT video services. The Chernin Group and AT&T have committed over $500 million to the venture.
News categories: AT&T, Crunchyroll, John Stankey, Peter Chernin, MnA, OTT, Private Equity, USA
- Pay TV ARPU at record high levels in the Nordics
- Evolution Digital launches Android TV device management platform
- Zixi powers 4K UHD Bloomberg TV+ service
- Telekom Malaysia selects Skyworth as 4K Android TV Operator Tier partner
- FourthWall Media adds Neilsen Smart TV ACR data to analytics platform
- TDS Telecom rolls-out IP video and Cloud DVR with Velocix
- A1now selects Vionlabs for AI-powered recommendations
- Global AVOD expenditure to double
- Gem Shopping Network to use Comscore TV measurement
- United Group makes strategic investment in Forthnet
- Disney+ and Apple TV+ both see success during first six months in the market
- Comcast, Charter and ViacomCBS announce Blockgraph partnership
- Britbox app now available on BT TV set-top boxes
- Conviva partners with Akamai on QoE intelligence
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Bouygues Telecom replaces set-top box with Smart TV app
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees