Digital TV News: Kaltura
CH Media chooses Kaltura to power new streaming service
Sep 9, 2022 – CH Media has chosen Kaltura (NASDAQ: KLTR) for its new OTT streaming service, oneplus. Kaltura is providing a complete service orchestration for oneplus. At the heart of the service is the Kaltura TV Platform, Kaltura’s cloud-based back-end.
News categories: Kaltura, CH Media, Nuno Sanches, Roger Elsener, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Switzerland
Kaltura survey reveals gap in what streaming services and consumers consider essential
Sep 8, 2022 – Kaltura (Nasdaq: KLTR) has released results of a global survey of 200 streaming service provider executives. The report delves into how streaming providers are adapting to fast-changing technology and consumer expectations.
News categories: Kaltura, Nuno Sanches, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Kaltura confirms receipt of unsolicited proposal from Panopto
Jul 29, 2022 – Panopto has made a non-binding, unsolicited business combination proposal in which Panopto would acquire all of Kaltura's (NASDAQ: KLTR) outstanding common stock at a purchase price of $3.00 per share in cash.
News categories: Kaltura, Panopto, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, Worldwide
NPAW introduces natural language video insights search
Apr 24, 2022 – NPAW has introduced NaLa, a natural language-based video insights search tool. Integrated into the NPAW Suite of video analytics solutions, NaLa leverages ML and natural language processing to handle data search requests based on simple, common-speech questions.
News categories: NPAW, Ferran G. Vilaró, Big Data, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
Astro selects Kaltura to power its standalone streaming service offering
Dec 21, 2021 – Kaltura (NASDAQ:KLTR) has announced that Astro has chosen the Kaltura TV Platform to power sooka, its new streaming service targeted at millennials. sooka went live in June across Malaysia and is hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
News categories: Kaltura, Astro, AWS, Nuno Sanches, Euan Smith, Sameer Vuyyuru, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Malaysia, Streaming
Watch Brazil expands streaming TV service reach with Kaltura
Dec 17, 2021 – Kaltura has announced that Watch Brazil has launched its streaming TV service, Watch, powered by Kaltura and hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS). Watch went live in Spring 2021 with 90 linear channels delivered by Kaltura on AWS.
News categories: Kaltura, Watch Brazil, Amazon Web Services, Nuno Sanches, Maurício Almeida, Anil Hinduja, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming
Dreamia selects Kaltura to power Panda+ kids' streaming service
Dec 16, 2021 – Kaltura has been selected to deliver a multiscreen streaming service platform for channel producer Dreamia. Kids' OTT service Panda+ is powered by a solution comprising the Kaltura TV Platform with front end and UI provided by Kaltura.
News categories: Kaltura, Dreamia, Nuno Sanches, Susanna Barbato, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Portugal, Streaming, UX
Kaltura powers Vodafone TV in Germany
Dec 1, 2021 – Kaltura (NASDAQ:KLTR) is powering the expansion of Vodafone TV into new markets with the recent launch of GigaTV in Germany. The service is available nationally, accessible to users in all of Vodafone’s networks and in Unitymedia’s cable network.
News categories: Kaltura, Vodafone, Ron Yekutiel, Wolfgang Zeller, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV
Kaltura files for Initial Public Offering
Mar 2, 2021 – Kaltura has filed Form S-1 with the SEC relating to a proposed initial public offering of its common stock. Kaltura has applied to list on the Nasdaq Global Select Market under the ticker symbol 'KLTR'.
News categories: Kaltura, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPO, Worldwide
- Irdeto enhances software DRM to prevent content key extraction
- T-Mobile NL partners with Witbe to guarantee IPTV service quality
- Global semiconductor sales grew 3.2% in 2022 despite H2 slowdown
- Veset acquired by PLAY Japan
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023