Digital TV News: Kaltura
Astro selects Kaltura to power its standalone streaming service offering
Dec 21, 2021 – Kaltura (NASDAQ:KLTR) has announced that Astro has chosen the Kaltura TV Platform to power sooka, its new streaming service targeted at millennials. sooka went live in June across Malaysia and is hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
News categories: Kaltura, Astro, AWS, Nuno Sanches, Euan Smith, Sameer Vuyyuru, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Malaysia, Streaming
Watch Brazil expands streaming TV service reach with Kaltura
Dec 17, 2021 – Kaltura has announced that Watch Brazil has launched its streaming TV service, Watch, powered by Kaltura and hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS). Watch went live in Spring 2021 with 90 linear channels delivered by Kaltura on AWS.
News categories: Kaltura, Watch Brazil, Amazon Web Services, Nuno Sanches, Maurício Almeida, Anil Hinduja, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming
Dreamia selects Kaltura to power Panda+ kids' streaming service
Dec 16, 2021 – Kaltura has been selected to deliver a multiscreen streaming service platform for channel producer Dreamia. Kids' OTT service Panda+ is powered by a solution comprising the Kaltura TV Platform with front end and UI provided by Kaltura.
News categories: Kaltura, Dreamia, Nuno Sanches, Susanna Barbato, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Portugal, Streaming, UX
Kaltura powers Vodafone TV in Germany
Dec 1, 2021 – Kaltura (NASDAQ:KLTR) is powering the expansion of Vodafone TV into new markets with the recent launch of GigaTV in Germany. The service is available nationally, accessible to users in all of Vodafone’s networks and in Unitymedia’s cable network.
News categories: Kaltura, Vodafone, Ron Yekutiel, Wolfgang Zeller, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV
Kaltura files for Initial Public Offering
Mar 2, 2021 – Kaltura has filed Form S-1 with the SEC relating to a proposed initial public offering of its common stock. Kaltura has applied to list on the Nasdaq Global Select Market under the ticker symbol 'KLTR'.
News categories: Kaltura, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPO, Worldwide
Reshet 13 selects Kaltura to power D2C streaming service
Feb 9, 2021 – Kaltura has been selected by Israeli broadcaster Reshet 13 to upgrade its direct-to-consumer video service. Reshet 13 will benefit from Kaltura's advanced video technology, along with hosting on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
News categories: Kaltura, Reshet 13, Nuno Sanches, Gal Goren, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Israel, Streaming
CommScope and Kaltura deliver Cloud TV, hosted on AWS
Nov 10, 2020 – CommScope and Kaltura have announced that they are partnering to deliver cloud TV offerings to communications service providers and media companies worldwide. The integrated solutions will leverage the power of Amazon Web Services (AWS).
News categories: Kaltura, CommScope, Amazon Web Services, Gideon Gilboa, Kevin Keefe, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Israel’s RGE chooses Kaltura to power Kids Cloud TV service
Oct 28, 2020 – Kaltura has been selected by RGE Group to launch a Cloud TV service for kids, BIGI. RGE is deploying Kaltura’s Cloud TV Platform for content, subscriber and device management, and will use Kaltura’s video player for advanced live TV use cases.
News categories: Kaltura, Yaron Segev, Nuno Sanches, Yaron Segev, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Israel, Media Player, Streaming
Kaltura to migrate Cellcom TV to the Cloud
Sep 29, 2020 – Kaltura has been selected by Cellcom Israel to power Cellcom TV, the largest OTT TV service in Israel, with over 250,000 subscribing households. The service will be fully cloud-based and hosted on Amazon Web Services.
News categories: Kaltura, Cellcom, Nuno Sanches, Atara Litvak Shacham, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Israel, Streaming
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 373,000 in 4Q 2021
- Swedish standalone SVOD revenues hit new record in 2021
- castLabs and Lemonade.TV+ work together on DRM and video playback
- Roku #1 TV streaming platform in Canada
- Claro video comes to ZEASN-powered smart TVs in Latin America
- Vewd For Automotive enables premium entertainment in Skywell electric SUV
- WarnerMedia adds 4.3 million HBO Max and HBO subscribers in 4Q 2021
- 5G-MAG joins forces with DVB on the future of TV over 5G
- LG Ads introduces suite of Guaranteed Outcome-based media offerings
- Breezeline selects Vecima and TiVo to support its expansion
- Bitcentral acquires Powr.tv
- Friend MTS extends content protection deal with Lega Serie A
- Cinedigm launches streaming channels on AR glasses with Nreal
- NextGen TV broadcasting begins in Green Bay, WI
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 69,000 in 4Q 2021
- TV shipments expected to reach 217 million units in 2022
- Vodafone Portugal launches hands-free entertainment and Smart Home hub with UEI
- Evoca expands to Denver with Altitude Sports
- European Parliament agrees Digital Services Act (DSA) proposal
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 25.1% in 2021