Digital TV News: Kaltura
Kaltura powers Dish TV India's Watcho OTT platform
Jun 19, 2019 – The Kaltura TV Platform is powering multiscreen access to linear, VOD and time-shifted TV plus third-party content for Dish TV India's OTT platform Watcho. The solution caters to evolving entertainment needs by continuously learning about viewers' content consumption habits.
News categories: Kaltura, Dish TV India, Horizon Broadcast, Ron Yekutiel, Anil Dua, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, TV Everywhere
Digital Alert Systems and Kaltura bring EAS Alerts to Cloud TV services
May 14, 2019 – Digital Alert Systems and Kaltura have announced that the Kaltura TV Platform is first to support Digital Alert Systems' EAS-NET communications protocol, allowing customers to comply with EAS/CAP regulations by providing critical emergency messages within their Cloud TV deployments.
News categories: Digital Alert Systems, Kaltura, Bill Robertson, Gideon Gilboa, Digital TV, OTT, PAYTV19, Regulation, USA
Kaltura and Dativa to jointly develop Cloud TV data lake
Apr 9, 2019 – Kaltura has announced that it has partnered with Dativa to develop the industry’s first data lake dedicated to Cloud TV services. The infrastructure will give TV marketers using the Kaltura TV Platform fast time to insights and the ability to act on those insights.
News categories: Kaltura, Dativa, Shay David, Tom Weiss, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
Kaltura and Innovid enable personalized interactive promotions
Apr 5, 2019 – Kaltura and Innovid have announced a solution designed to increase cloud TV ARPU through personalized and targeted promotions and interactive advertising. Kaltura and Innovid will enable TV marketers to create and deliver in-video promotions for TV content and offers.
News categories: Kaltura, Innovid, Gideon Gilboa, Tal Chalozin, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
AWS releases key exchange API to streamline DRM integration
Mar 27, 2019 – AWS has announced its Secure Packager and Encoder Key Exchange (SPEKE), an open, extensible API specification developed to streamline integration of Digital Rights Management (DRM) with encoders, transcoders, and origin servers.
News categories: AWS Elemental, Michael Callahan, Will Law, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Thirty-nine more companies join the SRT Alliance
Mar 21, 2019 – The SRT Alliance has announced that 39 more companies have recently endorsed the SRT protocol for low latency video streaming, including broadcast industry giants Imagine Communications, Net Insight, Red Bee Media and Telestream.
News categories: SRT Alliance, David Heppe, Steve Russell, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, NABShow, OTT, Worldwide
Kaltura and 3SS offer joint personalized Cloud TV solution
Mar 20, 2019 – Kaltura and 3SS have announced the launch of a solution whose goal is to empower operators to rapidly launch attractive, targeted and personalized Cloud TV services. The joint solution brings together Kaltura’s Cloud TV Platform with 3SS’ 3READY front end.
News categories: Kaltura, 3SS, Dr. Shay David, Kai-Christian Borchers, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, UX, Worldwide
InPlayer joins Kaltura’s Video Technology Marketplace
Mar 12, 2019 – InPlayer has announced that it has joined the Kaltura Video Technology Marketplace as a Premier Partner. The agreement enables Kaltura to offer InPlayer’s paywall to customers who are looking for pay-per-view or subscription services.
News categories: Kaltura, InPlayer, Liad Eshkar, George Meek, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Kaltura releases updated Cloud TV Platform SDK
Feb 21, 2019 – Kaltura has released a new version of its Cloud TV Platform SDK. The SDK now includes playback optimization for mobile viewing, HEVC support, real-time analytics, plus advertising integrations such as Facebook Audience Network (FAN).
News categories: Kaltura, Dr. Shay David, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Media Player, Mobile, OTT
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Huawei launches HarmonyOS distributed operating system
- ZTE and China Mobile broadcast China's first 5G sporting event
- Singtel TV subscribers up 1,100 in 2Q 2019
- Deutsche Telekom MagentaTV subscribers up 58,000 in 2Q 2019