Digital TV News: Kenny Huang
VIDAA and Intertrust partner to secure broadcasting direct-to-TV
Nov 17, 2021 – VIDAA and Intertrust have announced the availability of Hisense smart TVs preloaded with Intertrust's content security for broadcast TV protection. The solution enables secure direct-to-TV broadcasting without the need for STBs or CAMs.
News categories: Intertrust, VIDAA, Kenny Huang, Guy Edri, Content Protection, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Intertrust and Fastly integrate to protect Direct-to-Consumer streaming
Apr 21, 2020 – Intertrust has announced an integrated solution with edge cloud platform provider Fastly (NYSE:FSLY). The partnership incorporates Intertrust’s ExpressPlay DRM, a multi-DRM cloud service, with Fastly’s on-the-fly packaging (OTFP) service.
News categories: Intertrust, Fastly, Kenny Huang, Lee Chen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Streaming, Worldwide
Intertrust and EVIO announce ExpressPlay CA-based content protection system
Sep 15, 2017 – Intertrust and EVIO Polska have announced the world’s first open standard-based digital TV distribution system built on Intertrust’s ExpressPlay CA. The system, eDRM, is available from EVIO to TV operators, ISPs and content distributors who wish for a secure end-to-end distribution system.
News categories: Intertrust, EVIO Polska, Kenny Huang, Przemysław Gnitecki, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2022, Worldwide
Intertrust ExpressPlay DRM now Dolby Vision compatible
Sep 9, 2016 – Intertrust has announced that the Intertrust ExpressPlay cloud-based digital rights management (DRM) system is now compatible with Dolby Vision, the HDR imaging format for Ultra HD content.
News categories: Intertrust, Dolby, Kenny Huang, Curt Behlmer, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, IBC2022, Smart TV, Worldwide
MStar integrates Intertrust UHD security for TVs and STBs
Jul 15, 2015 – Intertrust has announced that MStar Semiconductor has integrated Intertrust's ExpressPlay UHD in MStar’s SoCs for 4K TVs, set-top boxes and OTT/IP boxes. ExpressPlay UHD is the most widely deployed DRM in China and the choice of initiatives in Japan and Europe.
News categories: Intertrust, MStar Semi, Kenny Huang, Wayne Tsai, China, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Europe, Japan, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Amlogic and Intertrust deliver upgradeable security for 4K/UHD
Jun 3, 2015 – Amlogic and Intertrust have announced the availability of Intertrust's ExpressPlay UHD DRM on Amlogic's SoCs. The combination provides a secure 4K ready solution for Smart TVs, OTT/IP STBs, and other multimedia consumer devices such as tablets.
News categories: Intertrust, Amlogic, Kenny Huang, DRM, Mobile, Semiconductor, Streaming, Worldwide
Tencent Licenses Intertrust's Marlin DRM Solutions to Protect its Online Video Service
Jan 10, 2013 – Intertrust Technologies has announced that Tencent has licensed its trusted suite of Marlin DRM solutions to protect video streams and downloads on Tencent's online video platform in China.
News categories: Intertrust, Tencent, China, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Streaming
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars