Digital TV News: Kirk Edwardson
Sharp expands deal with Espial for Smart TVs
Jul 8, 2014 – Espial has announced that Sharp has selected Espial TV Browser for additional mid-range smart TV models in select geographies to offer rich Smart TV Apps and HTML5 user experiences.
News categories: Espial, Sharp Corp, Kirk Edwardson, Digital TV, HTML5, Middleware, Smart TV, Worldwide
HbbTV Association announces Asian symposium
May 27, 2014 – The HbbTV Association has announced the 'HbbTV Symposium: Asia'. The conference is to take place on June 18th at the Marina Bay Sands Hotel, Singapore during the Broadcast Asia and CommunicAsia 2014 tradeshows.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Régis Saint Girons, Kirk Edwardson, Asia, ConnecTechAsia, HbbTV, Singapore
Espial to demo HTML5 UI at RDK User Conference
Feb 5, 2014 – Espial has announced that it will show a high performance HTML5 TV user experience demo on multiple RDK IP and hybrid set-top boxes (STB) for attendees of the upcoming RDK User Conference in Denver, Colorado.
News categories: Espial, RDK Management, Kirk Edwardson, Cable TV, HTML5, RDK, Set Top Box, USA
Espial Brings Advanced HTML5 Solutions to TV Connect
Mar 13, 2013 – Espial has announced that it will showcase a comprehensive range of multiscreen television solutions at TV Connect, March 19-21 in London. Visitors to the Espial stand 233 will see its agile IP video delivery system and advanced HTML5 set-top box (STB) client.
News categories: Espial, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Video Exchange
Espial Optimizes Espial MediaBase for MPEG-DASH Streaming
Oct 2, 2012 – Espial has announced that the company's Espial MediaBase on-demand video platform now supports MPEG-DASH, a new adaptive streaming protocol that is being rapidly adopted across the pay-TV industry.
News categories: Espial, DASH Industry Forum, Middleware, OTT
- Disney+ ends 1Q 2021 with 103.6 million subscribers
- Nielsen Digital Ad Ratings for Samsung TV Plus inventory
- Altice's a4 deploys CommScope video advertising solution
- DTG publishes 'State of the Nation' report
- TiVo to acquire MobiTV assets from Chapter 11
- Liberty Latin America deploys Velocix video streaming platform
- FTTH/B now passes more than half of homes in EU39
- Setplex to power TV Cabo São Paulo OTT service
- Irdeto joins AWS Media & Entertainment initiative
- TiVo ad inventory available through Xandr
- Proximus integrates Prime Video app into latest Android TV box
- HbbTV releases updated Test Suite and Test Descriptions
- Switch Media to provide OTT service for Solomon Telekom
- Amino bids for MobiTV
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow to 1.5 billion by 2026
- Amagi ad solutions increase revenue at Cinedigm
- Blockgraph and The Trade Desk partner on Unified ID 2.0 audience targeting
- Sky Media pilots Shoppable Ads with Sky Mobile
- Paramount+ to debut in Australia on August 11th
- Strategy Analytics compares bundled communications service pricing