Digital TV News: Kirk Edwardson
Sharp expands deal with Espial for Smart TVs
Jul 8, 2014 – Espial has announced that Sharp has selected Espial TV Browser for additional mid-range smart TV models in select geographies to offer rich Smart TV Apps and HTML5 user experiences.
News categories: Espial, Sharp Corp, Kirk Edwardson, Digital TV, HTML5, Middleware, Smart TV, Worldwide
HbbTV Association announces Asian symposium
May 27, 2014 – The HbbTV Association has announced the 'HbbTV Symposium: Asia'. The conference is to take place on June 18th at the Marina Bay Sands Hotel, Singapore during the Broadcast Asia and CommunicAsia 2014 tradeshows.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Régis Saint Girons, Kirk Edwardson, Asia, ConnecTechAsia, HbbTV, Singapore
Espial to demo HTML5 UI at RDK User Conference
Feb 5, 2014 – Espial has announced that it will show a high performance HTML5 TV user experience demo on multiple RDK IP and hybrid set-top boxes (STB) for attendees of the upcoming RDK User Conference in Denver, Colorado.
News categories: Espial, RDK Management, Kirk Edwardson, Cable TV, HTML5, RDK, Set Top Box, USA
Espial Brings Advanced HTML5 Solutions to TV Connect
Mar 13, 2013 – Espial has announced that it will showcase a comprehensive range of multiscreen television solutions at TV Connect, March 19-21 in London. Visitors to the Espial stand 233 will see its agile IP video delivery system and advanced HTML5 set-top box (STB) client.
News categories: Espial, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Video Exchange
Espial Optimizes Espial MediaBase for MPEG-DASH Streaming
Oct 2, 2012 – Espial has announced that the company's Espial MediaBase on-demand video platform now supports MPEG-DASH, a new adaptive streaming protocol that is being rapidly adopted across the pay-TV industry.
News categories: Espial, DASH Industry Forum, Middleware, OTT
- Technicolor teams with Google to promote hybrid Android TV devices
- BitRouter releases ATSC3pro receiver software update
- Deutsche TV-Plattform launches CI+ 2.0 initiative
- Ultra HD Forum updates Guidelines and plans watermarking API
- WarnerMedia RIDE streaming comes to AT&T-connected GM vehicles
- U.S. has close to 300 OTT video services
- ENENSYS ATSC 3.0 solution deployed by SEI and VSatcast
- Sinclair acquires two TV stations in Washington, DC
- FreeWheel releases H1 2020 U.S. Video Marketplace Report
- Eutelsat selected by Kabelio for new Swiss HD platform
- RCN, Grande and Wave launch TiVo Stream 4K
- Nielsen to measure CTV campaigns on YouTube & YouTube TV
- Tata Elxsi selected as certified 3PL partner for Google Widevine
- 58 million U.S. broadband households to be MVPD-free by 2025
- All-time high for streaming video according to Limelight Networks
- ZTE joins Netflix Hailstorm set top box program
- fuboTV announces closing of Public Offering
- COVID-19 pandemic accelerates cord-cutting in 2020
- Household media spend stabilized in Sweden in Q3
- G-Core Labs introduces global streaming platform