Digital TV News: LG Electronics
discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
Jan 20, 2022 – Discovery and LG have announced that discovery+ is now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada, including LG's line-up of LG OLED TVs and LG QNED MiniLED TVs. discovery+ is accessible on the LG webOS platform.
News categories: LG Electronics, Discovery, Inc, Matthew Durgin, Gabriel Sauerhoff, Canada, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming
NEXTGEN TV coalition highlights industry momentum at CES
Jan 5, 2022 – The coalition of U.S. broadcasters transitioning to NEXTGEN TV has applauded the plans announced during CES 2022 by Hisense and MediaTek, and new field test data recently achieved by Sony at the 'Motown 3.0 Open Test Track' in Detroit.
News categories: Pearl TV, MediaTek, Hisense, Sony Electronics, Anne Schelle, Alfred Chan, ATSC 3, CES2022, Digital TV, In-Car, Semiconductor, Smart TV, USA
LG unveils its latest TV lineup
Jan 4, 2022 – LG Electronics (LG) has unveiled its latest TV lineup, headlined by the company's 2022 OLED televisions. The TVs feature powerful imaging technologies, and an improved webOS offering more smart features and services.
News categories: LG Electronics, CES2022, Digital TV, Gaming, Middleware, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA, UX, Worldwide
iSpot integrates Smart TV data in deal with LG Ads Solutions
Dec 15, 2021 – iSpot has announced a licensing deal for smart TV data from LG Ads Solutions. The deal gives iSpot access to LG on-the-glass program and ad data from more than 20 million opted-in smart TVs from a range of TV makers in addition to LG.
News categories: iSpot, LG Ads Solutions, Sean Muller, Raghu Kodige, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
Google Stadia cloud gaming now on latest LG Smart TVs
Dec 8, 2021 – LG Electronics has made available Google's cloud gaming service Stadia on LG Smart TVs running webOS 5.0 and 6.0. The app can be downloaded from the LG Content Store, in the U.S and the 21 other countries where Stadia operates.
News categories: LG Electronics, Stadia, Digital TV, Gaming, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
NEXTGEN TV launches in Houston, Texas
Dec 7, 2021 – Television viewers in Houston, the eighth-largest TV market in the United States, can now experience the future of broadcast television as 10 local TV stations have now launched NEXTGEN TV.
News categories: Pearl TV, Nexstar Media, Anne Schelle, Brett Jenkins, Ralph Rendon, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
LG brings NVIDIA GeForce NOW cloud gaming to WebOS Smart TVs
Nov 18, 2021 – LG has partnered with NVIDIA to be the first TV manufacturer to develop a Smart TV app of GeForce NOW for LG TVs running webOS. The app will be available in beta in the LG Content Store on select 2021 TV models in 80 markets.
News categories: LG Electronics, NVIDIA, Lee Sang-woo, Apps, Digital TV, Gaming, Smart TV, Worldwide
discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
Oct 13, 2021 – Discovery, Inc. and LG Electronics USA have announced that discovery+ is now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S. including LG's line-up of award-winning LG OLED TVs and LG QNED MiniLED TVs.
News categories: LG Electronics, Discovery, Inc, Peggy Ang, Gabriel Sauerhoff, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
Oct 12, 2021 – LG has announced that from September, support for a number of premium content services, including Disney+, Vudu, Pandora, HBO Max and SLING TV will be added to its webOS platform for third party TV makers.
News categories: LG Electronics, Apps, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
- Evoca expands to Denver with Altitude Sports
- European Parliament agrees Digital Services Act (DSA) proposal
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 25.1% in 2021
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope