Digital TV News: LG Electronics
discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
Oct 13, 2021 – Discovery, Inc. and LG Electronics USA have announced that discovery+ is now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S. including LG's line-up of award-winning LG OLED TVs and LG QNED MiniLED TVs.
News categories: LG Electronics, Discovery, Inc, Peggy Ang, Gabriel Sauerhoff, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
Oct 12, 2021 – LG has announced that from September, support for a number of premium content services, including Disney+, Vudu, Pandora, HBO Max and SLING TV will be added to its webOS platform for third party TV makers.
News categories: LG Electronics, Apps, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
Oct 12, 2021 – Hartford viewers can now find four channels over-the-air with NEXTGEN TV: TEGNA's WCCT (CW, channel 20) and WTIC (FOX, channel 61), Meredith's WFSB (CBS, channel 3), and Nexstar's WTNH (ABC, channel 8).
News categories: Pearl TV, TEGNA, Nexstar, Anne Schelle, Kurt Rao, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Record YoY growth for India's Smart TV market in Q2
Sep 17, 2021 – India's TV shipments grew 46% YoY in Q2 2021, according to Counterpoint Research. The post-pandemic economic improvement, aided by active retail channels fulfilling the pent-up demand, was the key reason for the growth.
News categories: Counterpoint Research, Debasish Jana, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Smart TV
Five Atlanta TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV broadcasts
Aug 24, 2021 – Television viewers in Atlanta, the seventh-ranked media market in the US, can now experience the future of broadcast television as five local TV stations join together to launch NEXTGEN TV.
News categories: Pearl TV, Meredith, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
LG Channels availability to grow from 14 to 25 countries
Aug 10, 2021 – LG is expanding LG Channels availability from 14 to 25 countries, tripling its European coverage by the end of the year. LG Channels will also be coming to smart TVs powered by its webOS TV platform.
News categories: LG Electronics, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
HBO Max app now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
Aug 3, 2021 – LG Electronics USA and WarnerMedia have announced that the HBO Max app is now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S. LG Smart TV owners can now access HBO Max as part of the TV's webOS platform.
News categories: LG Electronics, WarnerMedia, HBO Max, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
NEXTGEN TV expands to 11 stations in Phoenix
Jul 14, 2021 – As the first market in the U.S. to experience NEXTGEN TV when it launched in 2018, audiences in the Phoenix area can now enjoy an expanded roster of 11 local stations delivering the next generation broadcast technology.
News categories: Pearl TV, E.W. Scripps, Univision Communications, Anne Schelle, Brian Lawlor, Greg Coburn, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Alexa coming to third-party Smart TVs powered by LG webOS
Jul 14, 2021 – LG has announced that Amazon Alexa is coming to third-party TVs powered by its webOS platform. The feature will be activated OTA starting in Q3 in North America, followed by other regions including Europe and Asia.
News categories: LG Electronics, Jung Sung-hyun, Asia, Digital TV, Europe, Middleware, North America, Smart Home, Smart TV
- Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
- ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
- OTT now at 82% consumer saturation in the U.S.
- MultTV and MwareTV launch multi-tenant TV as a Service in Brazil
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service