Digital TV News: LIFIA
Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
Dec 3, 2013 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced that Latin American STB manufacturers are engaging in the production of a turn-key solution based on Sigma's SoC for hybrid set top boxes for Argentina and other countries using ISDB-T.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Mach Electronics, Nicolás Bloise, Jose-Luis Martinez, Mustafa Ozgen, Argentina, CES2022, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Latin America, Middleware, SBTVD, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Siano and LIFIA Team Up to Support Mobile DTV Project in Argentina
Feb 29, 2012 – Siano and LIFIA-UNLP, an IT R&D research group out of Argentina's La Plata University, have announced a combined 'Ginga' DTV solution for Windows and Linux PC applications in mobile devices.
News categories: Siano, LIFIA, Argentina, Middleware, MWC21, Peripherals / Accessories, Portable, SBTVD, Semiconductor, Terrestrial
Argentina to deploy Ginga STB middleware
Jul 5, 2010 – A group of researchers in Argentina is working on a local version of Brazil's Ginga DTT middleware. The software is due for deployment in set-top boxes to be distributed by the Argentinian government from August/September this year.
News categories: Ginga, UNLP, Comisión de Investigaciones Científicas, Argentina, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Middleware, SBTVD, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Baltimore
- Zodiac integrates Agama device monitoring into its TV stack
- JW Player raises $100m in Series E funding
- Xandr adopts OpenAP's OpenID audience identifier
- ATEME provides video packaging and storage for AIS in Thailand
- KKStream launches Streaming-as-a-Service solutions
- Astro set-top boxes to include Netflix
- MediaKind powers UEFA Euro 2020 live coverage at MEO
- NAB shows home learning via ATSC 3.0 for students without internet
- U.S. consumers feeling pain of streaming service fragmentation
- Telefonica backs up Movistar+ infrastructure in the cloud with Harmonic
- Irdeto and INVIDI offer integrated addressable TV solution
- UEI providing Android TV remotes to Claro Colombia
- Tubi supports Unified ID 2.0 initiative
- Portugal adds 29,000 pay TV subscribers in 1Q 2021
- 'Go Addressable' TV advertising initiative launched in the U.S.
- Brightcove and ByteArk partner on OTT technology in Thailand
- ATEME powers converged headend at TCCL in India
- NexPlayer joins AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative
- VuClip integrates Bitmovin video encoder on Google Cloud