Digital TV News: Larry Robinson
Brazil's Multiplay certifies ARRIS DCX525e set-top
Aug 6, 2014 – ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) has announced that pay TV provider Multiplay is the first to certify the ARRIS DCX525e and is now able to offer this advanced set-top to its subscribers in Brazil.
News categories: ARRIS Group, Multiplay, Fernando Augusto Pereira, Larry Robinson, Brazil, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box
ARRIS announces new STB for Caribbean and Latin America
May 27, 2014 – Caribbean and Latin American service providers will soon have access to a new set-top box from ARRIS (Nasdaq: ARRS) designed to specifically meet growing consumer demand for HD programming and high-bandwidth applications within this region.
News categories: ARRIS Group, Larry Robinson, Cable TV, Caribbean, Digital TV, Latin America, Set Top Box
Motorola Mobility Licenses Comcast RDK to Expedite Next-Gen Video Services
Aug 22, 2012 – Motorola Mobility (NASDAQ:GOOG) has announced that it is licensing the Reference Design Kit (RDK) from Comcast (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) to improve the development cycle for tru2way®, IP and hybrid set-top boxes and video gateways.
News categories: Motorola, Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, Gateway, RDK, Set Top Box, USA
Motorola Mobility and Time Warner Cable Collaborate to Deliver an Advanced Video Gateway Platform
Jun 14, 2011 – Motorola Mobility (NYSE: MMI) has announced that it is engaging with Time Warner Cable (NYSE:TWC) to develop a video gateway platform capable of delivering an advanced consumer in-home entertainment experience.
News categories: Motorola, Time Warner Cable, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Cincinnati Bell Launches Motorola Multi-Room DVR to Subscribers
Jul 27, 2010 – Motorola (NYSE: MOT) has announced that Cincinnati Bell (NYSE: CBB) is now deploying Motorola's market leading multi-room digital video recorder (MR-DVR) solution to its subscribers.
News categories: Motorola, Cincinnati Bell, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
Motorola Continues to Expand Set-top Portfolio With All-Digital, High-Definition Dual-Tuner MR-DVR
May 11, 2010 – Motorola (NYSE:MOT) has announced that it has expanded its portfolio with the addition of the Motorola DCX3501-M all-digital, HD dual-tuner MR-DVR set-top. The box offers an integrated MoCA® home networking interface creating an IP home network.
News categories: Motorola, Cable TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Verizon and Motorola to Trial Energy-Efficient Set-Top Box
Apr 14, 2010 – Verizon (NYSE, Nasdaq: VZ) and Motorola (NYSE: MOT) have teamed up to create and trial set-top boxes that are up to 30 percent more energy efficient than current models.
News categories: Motorola, Verizon, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Set Top Box, USA
Motorola Unveils New All-Digital, High-Definition Set-Top for Cable Operators
Oct 28, 2009 – Motorola (NYSE: MOT) has announced the addition of the DCX700 all-digital, high-definition (HD) set-top to its DCX product line. The low-profile design will help cable operators' successful migration to an all-digital network.
News categories: Motorola, Cable TV, Conditional Access, DVR, SCTE•ISBE, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Motorola And Time Warner Cable Deliver Industry's First Tru2way™ Multiroom DVR
Mar 31, 2009 – Motorola (NYSE: MOT) has announced that the company has teamed with Time Warner Cable (NYSE: TWC) to develop a multi-room digital video recorder (DVR) solution using Motorola tru2way™ 'Follow Me TV' set-top software.
News categories: Motorola, Time Warner Cable, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
- Contentos integrates Theta Network decentralized video delivery for COS.tv
- SeaChange selected by Midco to monetize video streaming service
- Apptopia and Braze release state of streaming industry report
- Edge Networks announces 'Evoca' ATSC 3.0 pay TV service
- Allegro DVT releases AL-D21x video decoder IP family with AV1 support
- Nielsen and Sinclair Broadcast announce multi-year renewal
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Deltatre unveils SaaS platform for real-time, data-driven UX decisions
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- FCC proposed rule change to support ATSC 3.0 distributed transmission
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Velocix introduces CDN software for 5G video streaming
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation