Digital TV News: MÁSMÓVIL
ORANGE and MÁSMÓVIL sign agreement to combine operations in Spain
Jul 23, 2022 – The joint venture between MASMOVIL and ORANGE will create a sustainable player with the financial capacity and scale to continue investing to foster the future of infrastructure competition in Spain for the benefit of consumers and businesses.
News categories: ORANGE, MÁSMÓVIL, Christel Heydemann, Meinrad Spenger, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Spain
Orange and MásMóvil plan to combine their operations in Spain
Mar 8, 2022 – Orange and MásMóvil have entered into exclusive discussions to combine their businesses in Spain. The combination would take the form of a 50-50 Joint Venture with a combined enterprise valuation of €19.6bn.
News categories: Orange, MásMóvil, Stéphane Richard, Jean-François Fallacher, Meinrad Spenger, Digital TV, MandA, Spain
Starzplay expands internationally
Dec 16, 2021 – Starzplay is celebrating a collection of partner launches in the second half of 2020 including a new presence in the Nordics with NENT/Viaplay. In addition, Starzplay has expanded this month with Vodafone in Italy, Sky in Switzerland and Molotov in France, with more planned.
News categories: Starz, Superna Kalle, Digital TV, Europe, Streaming
Agile Content extends collaboration with the MásMóvil Group
Aug 10, 2021 – Agile Content plans to establish a new HQ and innovation centre in Bizkaia, Spain as part of an extension to its collaboration with the MásMóvil Group. The company will also provide services to Euskaltel.
News categories: Agile Content, MásMóvil, Euskaltel, Hernán Scapusio, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Spain
Technicolor Android TV set-top box shipments top 10 million
Mar 30, 2021 – Technicolor has announced that deployment of its Android TV set-top boxes (STBs) has now passed 10 million units. Cable, telco and other pay TV operators around the world continue to rapidly deploy Android TV STBs.
News categories: Technicolor, Mounir Toutah, Android TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Grupo MÁSMÓVIL to acquire Euskaltel
Mar 28, 2021 – Grupo MÁSMÓVIL has announced the launch of a public acquisition offer (OPA) for 100% of the shares of Euskaltel. MÁSMÓVIL already has agreement from shareholders owning 52.32% of Euskaltel's share capital.
News categories: MásMóvil, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA, Spain
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK
- Kaltura confirms receipt of unsolicited proposal from Panopto
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 521,000 in 2Q 2022
- Freeview Play adds new content discovery tools