Digital TV News: MOBITV
MobiTV partners with the National Cable Television Cooperative
Dec 7, 2017 – MobiTV and National Cable Television Cooperative (NCTC) have announce an agreement between both companies which could enable pay TV providers within NCTC’s membership to transition their offerings to IP/app-based solutions.
News categories: MobiTV, NCTC, Charlie Nooney, Rich Fickle, Apps, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, TV Everywhere, USA
C Spire and MobiTV host app-based TV streaming workshop
Sep 22, 2017 – C Spire and MobiTV are hosting a workshop on Oct. 4 with interested pay TV operators to showcase an IP video delivery platform that powers in-home TV streaming and eliminates the need for traditional set top boxes.
News categories: C Spire, MobiTV, Ashley Phillips, Charlie Nooney, Apps, OTT, USA
MobiTV announces $21M in additional funding
Feb 21, 2017 – MobiTV has announced that it has closed $21M in funding from Oak Investment Partners and Ally Corporate Finance. The funding will accelerate expansion of the MobiTV Connect Platform to enable IP delivery for Pay TV providers.
News categories: MobiTV, Oak Investment Partners, Ally Corporate Finance, Charlie Nooney, Bill Routt, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, TV Everywhere, USA, Venture Capital
Mobile TV market on cusp of unprecedented growth
Aug 26, 2016 – The global market for mobile TV is exceedingly fragmented and the top 10 players accounted for a mere 23.3% in 2015. These companies do, however, enjoy a strong foothold in several regional markets and have set entry-level barriers rather high.
News categories: Transparency Market Research, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
C Spire first to use MobiTV TV Everywhere platform
Jul 25, 2016 – MobiTV has announced the MobiTV Connect Platform, an IP video delivery solution which allows cable operators to utilize the popular connected TV devices and streaming boxes already in a large majority of U.S. homes.
News categories: MobiTV, C Spire, Charlie Nooney, Suzy Hays, Cable TV, Digital TV, TV Everywhere, USA
MobiTV selected for TV Bank multiscreen service in Japan
Nov 17, 2014 – MobiTV and TV Bank have announced a partnership to leverage MobiTV's software-based platform and NetDVR (nDVR) technology to extend TV services across screens. The service will enable a robust entertainment experience on connected devices.
News categories: MobiTV, TV Bank, Charlie Nooney, Tomotaka Nakagawa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, Mobile, OTT
MobiTV powers Deutsche Telekom Network DVR
Oct 13, 2014 – MobiTV has announced that it is powering the cloud recording capabilities of Deutsche Telekom's 'Entertain to go' streaming service. 'Entertain to go' delivers live and on-demand programming across screens in and out of the home.
News categories: MobiTV, Deutsche Telekom, Paul Scanlan, Gert von Manteuffel, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Mobile
Amlogic to provide chipset for MobiTV HDMI dongle
Jul 8, 2014 – MobiTV has announced a collaboration with Amlogic to provide the chipset for MobiTV's streaming sticks. The Amlogic AML8726-MX System-on-chip (SoC) will be the foundation of a white-labeled multiscreen service.
News categories: MobiTV, Amlogic, Charlie Nooney, John Zhong, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
Verizon to demonstrate LTE Multicast over 4G LTE at Indy 500
May 21, 2014 – Verizon Wireless has announced that it will demonstrate LTE Multicast for the first time in the United States over its commercial 4G LTE network.
News categories: Verizon Wireless, 5G, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
- Sky UK extends satellite capacity contract with SES
- AMC Networks and OMG complete first U.S. addressable campaign
- ENGINE launches cookieless data solutions for CTV and omnichannel media
- CEVA MotionEngine Smart TV software part of LG webOS
- Brazil's MultTV upgrades IPTV system with Beenius
- Bharti Airtel enters Ad Tech industry with Airtel Ads
- Broadpeak upgrades BkYou ad personalization solution
- Nigeria sets-up Digital Switch Over task force
- LG opens webOS Smart TV platform to other TV brands
- Cloud gaming to have huge impact on games distribution
- SpotX to serve as supply-side platform for Redbox
- Vestel brings Twitch to Smart TVs across Europe
- Cablenet rolls-out Amino STBs in Cyprus
- North American pay TV subscriber losses to slow
- discovery+ subscribers now number more than 11 million
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 133,000 in 4Q 2020
- Accedo acquires Hibox
- VIZIO Ads launches frequency control for Smart TV advertisers
- DVB approves DVB-TA watermarking and DVB Home Broadcast specs
- Roku releases 4Q 2020 results