Digital TV News: MRG
Pay-TV Innovation Forum final 2017 findings released
Sep 7, 2017 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S), in partnership with MTM, has published the final conclusions of the 2017 Pay-TV Innovation Forum. The programme examines the state of innovation in the market and provides perspectives on the most attractive areas of opportunity.
News categories: NAGRA, MTM, Simon Trudelle, Jon Watts, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
ZTE and Telkom Indonesia to establish IP-video Joint Innovation Center
Mar 11, 2015 – ZTE (0763.HK / 000063.SZ) has announced that the company will set up a Joint Innovation Center with Telkom Indonesia to focus on the development of Internet Protocol-based video technologies.
News categories: ZTE, Telkom Indonesia, Digital TV, Indonesia, IPTV, Streaming
Bell Labs opens video research facility in Cambridge, UK
Jul 17, 2014 – Bell Labs (Paris; NYSE: ALU) has opened a new 'antenna' office in Cambridge, UK tasked with research into real-time delivery of video to all types of connected devices, such as smartphones, games consoles, tablets, Smart TVs, and more.
News categories: Bell Labs, Alcatel-Lucent, Marcus Weldon, Bo Olofsson, Paul Larbey, Content Distribution, Gaming, IPTV, Smart TV, Streaming, TV Everywhere, UK
Client-side TV software market to top $800M in 2017
Jun 23, 2014 – According to SNL Kagan MRG, the focus for pay TV operators is shifting from traditional set-top boxes (STBs) to home-media gateways and the software that enables these devices.
News categories: SNL Kagan, Norm Bogen, Digital TV, Gateway, Market Research, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
OTT set-top box market grows 50% in 2013
Apr 30, 2014 – SNL Kagan MRG’s latest research shows that worldwide unit shipments of streaming media players, a product sometimes called an OTT set-top box or a digital media adapter, increased by more than 50% to reach nearly 15 million units in 2013.
News categories: SNL Kagan, Mike Paxton, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Streaming, Worldwide
ZTE launches MeBox IPTV + OTT dual-mode set-top box
Mar 19, 2014 – ZTE (0763.HK/000063.SZ) has launched the ZTE MeBox, an IPTV+OTT dual-mode set-top box (STB), at TV Connect 2014. The ZTE MeBox STB (model number ZXV10 B760E) is an embedded audio/video decoding device based on the open Android platform.
News categories: ZTE, Frank Fang, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Streaming, Video Exchange, Worldwide
ZTE ranked no. 1 in IPTV middleware, VOD and STBs
Mar 4, 2014 – ZTE (0763.HK/000063.SZ) has been ranked number one globally in three major market segments: middleware, video-on-demand (VOD), and set-top boxes (STB) in the IPTV Global Market Leader Report issued by MRG.
News categories: ZTE, Multimedia Research Group, Frank Fang, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Worldwide transcoder vendor revenues set to get a boost from HEVC in 2014
Dec 16, 2013 – MRG has released its latest report, Multiformat Transcoding. MRG expects revenues for total transcoders to reach just over $490 million by 2017 as the live portion of the total continues to account for higher revenues.
News categories: MRG, Michelle Abraham, Content Distribution, Market Research
Home media gateway shipments to surpass 24 million in 2017
Nov 11, 2013 – According to the latest report from MRG, in 2013, global unit shipments of home media gateway products are on track to reach nearly 10 million, a solid increase from the 7.7 million units that shipped in 2012.
News categories: Multimedia Research Group, SNL Kagan, Mike Paxton, Digital TV, Gateway, Market Research, Mobile, Set Top Box, Smart Home
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media