Digital TV News: Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission
Malaysia to convert to digital TV broadcasting in stages
Aug 6, 2019 – Malaysia's transition from analogue to digital TV broadcast will be implemented in stages, the country's Minister of Communications and Multimedia has said. Langkawi is the first location to receive myFreeview digital TV in place of analogue TV transmission.
News categories: Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission, Digital TV, Malaysia, Terrestrial
Malaysia runs analogue switchover pilot in Langkawi
Jul 21, 2019 – A pilot digital switchover from analogue to digital terrestrial TV has taken place in Gunung Raya, Langkawi. The Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission is conducting the test run and study as part of its Analogue Switch Off (ASO) pilot project.
News categories: Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission, myFreeview, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Malaysia, Terrestrial
Malaysia's MYTV distributes 2 million decoders
May 24, 2019 – Malaysia has joined 60 other countries in the world who have switched over to digital TV transmission with its successful transition from analogue to digital under the myFreeview brand. 15 TV channels and six radio channels are already available on the platform.
News categories: MCMC, myFreeview, MYTV Broadcasting, Gerard Lim, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Malaysia, Satellite, Set Top Box
Speedcast provides DTH for Malaysia's digital TV switchover
Nov 22, 2018 – Speedcast (ASX: SDA) has announced that it will play a key role in Malaysia's switch from analogue TV to digital TV through a DTH solution. Speedcast has partnered with MYTV Broadcasting for the project.
News categories: Speedcast, MYTV Broadcasting, Pierre-Jean Beylier, Michael Chan, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Malaysia, Satellite, Terrestrial
Digital TV Labs first approved lab for Malaysia DTT HbbTV receivers
Jul 22, 2015 – Digital TV Labs has received official accreditation from the Standards and Industrial Research Institute of Malaysia (SIRIM) to become the first lab facility for the Malaysian Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT) Broadcast Service Receiver Specification, including the interactive HbbTV profile.
News categories: Digital TV Labs, SIRIM, Andy Hickman, Digital TV, HbbTV, Malaysia, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
MEASAT-3b successfully launched
Sep 12, 2014 – MEASAT has announced the successful launch of the MEASAT-3b satellite. The satellite lifted-off on an Ariane 5 ECA launch vehicle from European Space Port in Kourou, French Guiana at 6:05am MYT (7:05pm GFT).
News categories: MEASAT, Datuk Umar bin Haji Abu, Content Distribution, Malaysia, Satellite
Astro launches free-to-air satellite TV in Malaysia
Feb 18, 2012 – Astro has announced the launch of Njoi, a subscription-free satellite TV service for Malaysia. Njoi, which comprises an STB, dish, smartcard and remote control, is available for a one-time payment of RM288, plus RM100 for installation.
News categories: Astro, Digital TV, LNB, Malaysia, Satellite, Set Top Box
Packet One to offer High Speed Broadband services in Malaysia
Oct 13, 2011 – Telekom Malaysia (TM) and Packet One (P1) are joining forces to accelerate the delivery of High Speed Broadband services to Malaysians. The HSBB service will allow P1 to provide IPTV, VoD and other multimedia services in the future.
News categories: Telekom Malaysia, Packet One, Broadband, Content Distribution, IPTV, Malaysia
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos