Digital TV News: Mark Teitell
UK's blinkbox goes UltraViolet
Oct 14, 2014 – blinkbox has introduced digital movie and TV locker service UltraViolet to allow customers to build a digital collection from select physical discs they have bought in-store and access them via the service.
News categories: blinkbox, UltraViolet, Tesco, Adrian Letts, Mark Teitell, Ian Ditcham, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, UK
BluFocus to administer UltraViolet compliance verification program
Jan 16, 2014 – BluFocus has announced that it has entered into an agreement with Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem (DECE) LLC, to act as the administrator for the UltraViolet Compliance Verification Program (CVP).
News categories: BluFocus, Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem, Paulette Pantoja, Mark Teitell, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
DivX DRM receives conditional approval for UltraViolet™ digital downloads
Jan 7, 2014 – Rovi (NASDAQ: ROVI) has announced that DivX digital rights management (DRM), previously approved for streaming use within the UltraViolet ecosystem, has now received conditional approval for digital downloads, as well as ‘side-loading’.
News categories: Rovi Corp, UltraViolet, Dr. Kanaan Jemili, Mark Teitell, CES, Digital TV, DRM, Media Player, OTT, Worldwide
Hollywood to deliver UltraViolet video with Dolby Digital Plus
Dec 11, 2013 – Dolby (NYSE: DLB) has announced that Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment and Anchor Bay Entertainment now encode movies and TV programs in the UltraViolet™ Common File Format (CFF) using Dolby® Digital Plus™.
News categories: Dolby, Ron Geller, Danny Kaye, Bill Clark, Mark Teitell, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT
CinemaNow first to launch Disc-to-digital service in Canada
Sep 3, 2013 – CinemaNow has officially launched their Disc-to-digital service. With the service, Canadians can take their physical DVDs, convert them to a digital format in the convenience of their home, and watch them on CinemaNow.
News categories: CinemaNow, Canada, DVD, OTT
DivX Plus Streaming DRM Approved for UltraViolet Services
Jan 7, 2013 – Rovi (Nasdaq:ROVI) has announced that the DivX® digital rights management (DRM) used with the company's adaptive streaming format, has been approved by the Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem (DECE) for streaming use within the UltraViolet ecosystem.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem, CES, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, OTT
UltraViolet Attracts More Than 750,000 Households in First Three Months
Jan 11, 2012 – The Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem (DECE) has provided an update on the roll-out of UltraViolet™. Following the launch of an initial 19 UltraViolet-enabled titles, more than 750,000 households have registered with UltraViolet.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem, Blu-ray, CES, Content Protection, DVD, OTT, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet
UltraViolet™ Begins B2B Deployment in U.S. Market
Jul 13, 2011 – The Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem (DECE), the consortium dedicated to facilitating the development and operation of UltraViolet™, has announced the launch of its licensing program for content, technology and service providers.
News categories: UltraViolet, Content Protection, DRM, OTT, USA
- LTN Global launches universal signaling for linear addressable TV advertising
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 10.4% in 2020
- Freeview Australia launches integrated HbbTV platform
- ACCESS licenses Ligada iSuite for NetFront Browser BE HbbTV testing
- PubMatic to integrate Samba TV data for CTV audience targeting
- Chinese suppliers take top three positions in TV panel shipments
- 2021 shaping up to be year of programmatic TV advertising in Europe
- WarnerMedia RIDE app now available for U.S. Toyota and Lexus owners
- discovery+ launches on Xfinity Flex and soon on X1
- CommScope to spin-off Home Networks business
- Disney+ rollout in Southern Asia going strong
- Western Europe pay TV subscribers to fall by 4 million
- Spain gives international travel authorisation for MWC21
- $18 million of Series B funding for IRIS.TV
- 8K TV households to reach 72 million worldwide by 2025
- Finecast extends TV reach with new UK ad inventory partners
- Delta Fiber selects Agama video monitoring and analytics
- CTA and NCTA extend STB energy efficiency agreement to 2025
- Altice USA completes acquisition of Morris Broadband
- MediaTek and Samsung introduce Wi-Fi 6E enabled 8K TV