Digital TV News: Mark Teitell
UK's blinkbox goes UltraViolet
Oct 14, 2014 – blinkbox has introduced digital movie and TV locker service UltraViolet to allow customers to build a digital collection from select physical discs they have bought in-store and access them via the service.
News categories: blinkbox, UltraViolet, Tesco, Adrian Letts, Mark Teitell, Ian Ditcham, Content Protection, Digital TV, Streaming, UK
BluFocus to administer UltraViolet compliance verification program
Jan 16, 2014 – BluFocus has announced that it has entered into an agreement with Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem (DECE) LLC, to act as the administrator for the UltraViolet Compliance Verification Program (CVP).
News categories: BluFocus, Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem, Paulette Pantoja, Mark Teitell, Content Protection, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
DivX DRM receives conditional approval for UltraViolet™ digital downloads
Jan 7, 2014 – Rovi (NASDAQ: ROVI) has announced that DivX digital rights management (DRM), previously approved for streaming use within the UltraViolet ecosystem, has now received conditional approval for digital downloads, as well as ‘side-loading’.
News categories: Rovi Corp, UltraViolet, Dr. Kanaan Jemili, Mark Teitell, CES2022, Digital TV, DRM, Media Player, Streaming, Worldwide
Hollywood to deliver UltraViolet video with Dolby Digital Plus
Dec 11, 2013 – Dolby (NYSE: DLB) has announced that Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment and Anchor Bay Entertainment now encode movies and TV programs in the UltraViolet™ Common File Format (CFF) using Dolby® Digital Plus™.
News categories: Dolby, Ron Geller, Danny Kaye, Bill Clark, Mark Teitell, Digital TV, Media Player, Streaming
CinemaNow first to launch Disc-to-digital service in Canada
Sep 3, 2013 – CinemaNow has officially launched their Disc-to-digital service. With the service, Canadians can take their physical DVDs, convert them to a digital format in the convenience of their home, and watch them on CinemaNow.
News categories: CinemaNow, Canada, DVD, Streaming
DivX Plus Streaming DRM Approved for UltraViolet Services
Jan 7, 2013 – Rovi (Nasdaq:ROVI) has announced that the DivX® digital rights management (DRM) used with the company's adaptive streaming format, has been approved by the Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem (DECE) for streaming use within the UltraViolet ecosystem.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem, CES2022, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Streaming
UltraViolet Attracts More Than 750,000 Households in First Three Months
Jan 11, 2012 – The Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem (DECE) has provided an update on the roll-out of UltraViolet™. Following the launch of an initial 19 UltraViolet-enabled titles, more than 750,000 households have registered with UltraViolet.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem, Blu-ray, CES2022, Content Protection, DVD, Smart TV, Smartphone, Streaming, Tablet
UltraViolet™ Begins B2B Deployment in U.S. Market
Jul 13, 2011 – The Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem (DECE), the consortium dedicated to facilitating the development and operation of UltraViolet™, has announced the launch of its licensing program for content, technology and service providers.
News categories: UltraViolet, Content Protection, DRM, Streaming, USA
- Germany to overtake the UK by SVOD subscribers
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes