Digital TV News: Mauricio Ramos
Millicom acquires Telefónica’s operations in Panama, Costa Rica and Nicaragua
Feb 20, 2019 – Millicom has announced that it has entered into agreements with Telefónica to acquire the entire share capital of Telefónica Móviles Panamá, Telefónica de Costa Rica and Telefonía Celular de Nicaragua for a combined enterprise value of $1,650 million.
News categories: Millicom, Telefónica, Mauricio Ramos, Costa Rica, MnA, Nicaragua, Panama
Millicom acquires Cable Onda in Panama
Oct 8, 2018 – Millicom has announced that it is acquiring a controlling 80% stake in Cable Onda, a cable and telecommunications service provider in Panama. The transaction values 100% of Cable Onda at an enterprise value of $1,460 million, with a cash consideration of approximately $1,002 million.
News categories: Millicom, Cable Onda, Mauricio Ramos, Nicolás Gonzalez Revilla, Cable TV, Digital TV, MnA, Panama
Millicom cable RGUs up 41,000 in 2Q 2016
Jul 21, 2016 – Millicom has announced results for the second quarter and first half ended June 30, 2016. Cable RGUs increased by 41,000 from Q1 2016 to 5.46 million with the growth coming primarily from pay TV offers.
News categories: Millicom, Mauricio Ramos, Bolivia, Cable TV, Colombia, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Paraguay, Results, Subscribers
Bazuca Chooses Avail-TVN For OTT Video Service In Chile And Across Latin America
Sep 24, 2012 – Avail-TVN has announced that Bazuca launched the next version of its over-the-top (OTT) video service with Avail-TVN. Bazuca is a subsidiary of Chilean cable operator, VTR, a Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB, LBTYK) company.
News categories: Avail-TVN, Bazuca, Chile, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Latin America, OTT
- Google's share of global digital media revenues declined in Q2
- First Media launches Android TV STB with Widevine CAS in Indonesia
- EBOX deploys Technicolor Android TV set-tops in Québec
- Conviva releases Q3 2020 State of Streaming report
- Realtek selects Allegro DVT H.266/VVC compliance streams
- Russian SVOD consumer spend to increase 1,000% by 2024
- A1 selects XroadMedia for content discovery and recommendations
- Skyworth and 3SS create Netflix-ready Android TV platform
- CANAL+ extends satellite agreements with SES for Europe and Africa
- European Connected TV Initiative to explore advertising opportunities
- Accessible TV Guide rolls out on Freeview Play
- Spain’s AgileTV migrates to Verimatrix Secure Cloud
- Promwad offers videoconferencing and 'watch party' solution for TV
- Phoenix Model Market gets ATSC 3.0 Single Frequency Network
- Magenta Telekom deploys Whip Media Content Value Management platform
- Pay-TV revenue in Philippines to grow at 4.0% CAGR over next five years
- Israel’s RGE chooses Kaltura to power Kids Cloud TV service
- Over 40% of video consumption hours now on mobile for U.S. Gen Z
- T-Mobile USA launches TV bundles and Android TV STB
- TenTime uses NexPlayer to launch Arabic SVOD service