Digital TV News: Media Distillery
Media Distillery and NLZIET partner on content discovery
Nov 10, 2022 – Media Distillery and NLZIET have announced a partnership to improve customer experience through topic-based content discovery. NLZIET is a Dutch OTT streaming service owned and operated by the country’s three major broadcasting groups (NPO, RTL and Talpa).
News categories: Media Distillery, NLZIET, Roland Sars, Sander Kouwenhove, Big Data, Digital TV, Netherlands, Streaming, UX
Altice Portugal deploys EPG correction from Media Distillery
Oct 18, 2022 – Media Distillery has announced that Altice Portugal has gone live with EPG Correction Distillery to improve user experiences for subscribers to its MEO IPTV and OTT services.
News categories: Media Distillery, Altice Portugal, Roland Sars, José Pedro Nascimento, Digital TV, IPTV, Portugal, UX
Media Distillery EPG correction deployed by Vodafone Portugal
Aug 25, 2022 – Media Distillery has announced that Vodafone Portugal has deployed its EPG Correction Distillery. EPG Correction Distillery ensures real-time accurate start times for the most popular channels on the Vodafone IPTV/OTT service.
News categories: Media Distillery, Vodafone, Roland Sars, Digital TV, IBC2022, Portugal, Set Top Box, UX
Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience
Jun 28, 2022 – Media Distillery has announced that Sunrise has deployed its EPG Correction Distillery. Thanks to the technology, the operator’s DTV subscribers with the latest generation TV box now see accurate EPG start- and end-times for programmes.
News categories: Media Distillery, Sunrise, Liberty Global, Roland Sars, Tina Rodriguez, Chris van der Linden, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Switzerland, UX
Media Distillery and Gracenote optimize EPG utility
Nov 16, 2021 – Media Distillery and Gracenote have created a solution to optimise Electronic Programme Guide (EPG) utility. The offering helps operators improve content navigation through increased guide and recording accuracy.
News categories: Media Distillery, Gracenote, Simon Adams, Roland Sars, Big Data, Digital TV, UX, Worldwide
Telenet implements UI image optimisation with Media Distillery
May 25, 2021 – Media Distillery has announced that Telenet has deployed Media Distillery's technology to enhance the TV browsing and content discovery experience for its 1.8 million cable TV subscribers.
News categories: Media Distillery, Telenet, Roland Sars, Ivor Micallef, Colin Dixon, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, UX
VTR selects Media Distillery recording time correction technology
Apr 15, 2021 – VTR has selected Media Distillery to improve its video user experience. With Media Distillery's AI technology, subscribers are now able to watch programmes with precisely correct start times when using Replay.
News categories: Media Distillery, Liberty Latin America, VTR, Roland Sars, Edwin Elberg, Cable TV, Chile, Digital TV, DVR, UX
NOS enhances UX with Media Distillery content analysis
Feb 2, 2021 – NOS has selected Media Distillery’s Deep Content Understanding technology to enhance the user experience and customer engagement of their video platform, by creating a ‘linear on demand’ viewing experience.
News categories: Media Distillery, NOS, Roland Sars, Joao Ferreira, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Portugal, UX
Media Distillery secures €3 million of funding
Jan 7, 2021 – Media Distillery has secured €3 million of funding, mainly from entrepreneurs and executives in the TV and broadcast industry. The funding will be used for international expansion and to extend the platform.
News categories: Media Distillery, Roland Sars, Geert Vos, Big Data, UX, Venture Capital, Worldwide
- Redge Media CDN joins EPIX traffic exchange
- Semiconductor market begins to shrink
- Bedrock migrates Videoland streaming subscribers to its latest platform
- Pixalate lists top CTV apps for October 2022
- El Financiero Bloomberg TV develops streaming app with TVCoins
- Garmin receives 2022 BMW Group Supplier Innovation Award
- In Sweden ad-supported video leads in weekly reach
- Accedo powers Janson Media direct-to-consumer streaming service
- Hisense second in global TV shipments
- DAZN now available on Foxxum CTV OS
- Amagi acquires Streamwise
- MyTV Super selects Witbe for production monitoring
- Better Software Group and Red Bee Media power Nordisk Film+
- Broadpeak simplifies content replacement at video service providers
- Hybrid AVOD-SVOD tiers to boost global AVOD revenues
- 12.5m consumer VR headsets to be sold in 2022
- U.S. TV usage rose again in October
- Samsung expands game streaming to more devices
- 83% of US internet households subscribe to at least one OTT service
- OMG first to integrate with TelevisaUnivision's household data graph