Digital TV News: Media Distillery
Media Distillery launches ad break detection solution
Mar 14, 2023 – Media Distillery has released Ad Break Distillery. The solution identifies the exact start and stop times of ad breaks in broadcast video, enabling enhanced monetization opportunities.
News categories: Media Distillery, Roland Sars, Ed Barton, Advertising, Digital TV, Worldwide
Media Distillery and NLZIET partner on content discovery
Nov 10, 2022 – Media Distillery and NLZIET have announced a partnership to improve customer experience through topic-based content discovery. NLZIET is a Dutch OTT streaming service owned and operated by the country’s three major broadcasting groups (NPO, RTL and Talpa).
News categories: Media Distillery, NLZIET, Roland Sars, Sander Kouwenhove, Big Data, Digital TV, Netherlands, Streaming, UX
Altice Portugal deploys EPG correction from Media Distillery
Oct 18, 2022 – Media Distillery has announced that Altice Portugal has gone live with EPG Correction Distillery to improve user experiences for subscribers to its MEO IPTV and OTT services.
News categories: Media Distillery, Altice Portugal, Roland Sars, José Pedro Nascimento, Digital TV, IPTV, Portugal, UX
Media Distillery EPG correction deployed by Vodafone Portugal
Aug 25, 2022 – Media Distillery has announced that Vodafone Portugal has deployed its EPG Correction Distillery. EPG Correction Distillery ensures real-time accurate start times for the most popular channels on the Vodafone IPTV/OTT service.
News categories: Media Distillery, Vodafone, Roland Sars, Digital TV, IBC2022, Portugal, Set Top Box, UX
Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience
Jun 28, 2022 – Media Distillery has announced that Sunrise has deployed its EPG Correction Distillery. Thanks to the technology, the operator’s DTV subscribers with the latest generation TV box now see accurate EPG start- and end-times for programmes.
News categories: Media Distillery, Sunrise, Liberty Global, Roland Sars, Tina Rodriguez, Chris van der Linden, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Switzerland, UX
Media Distillery and Gracenote optimize EPG utility
Nov 16, 2021 – Media Distillery and Gracenote have created a solution to optimise Electronic Programme Guide (EPG) utility. The offering helps operators improve content navigation through increased guide and recording accuracy.
News categories: Media Distillery, Gracenote, Simon Adams, Roland Sars, Big Data, Digital TV, UX, Worldwide
Telenet implements UI image optimisation with Media Distillery
May 25, 2021 – Media Distillery has announced that Telenet has deployed Media Distillery's technology to enhance the TV browsing and content discovery experience for its 1.8 million cable TV subscribers.
News categories: Media Distillery, Telenet, Roland Sars, Ivor Micallef, Colin Dixon, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, UX
VTR selects Media Distillery recording time correction technology
Apr 15, 2021 – VTR has selected Media Distillery to improve its video user experience. With Media Distillery's AI technology, subscribers are now able to watch programmes with precisely correct start times when using Replay.
News categories: Media Distillery, Liberty Latin America, VTR, Roland Sars, Edwin Elberg, Cable TV, Chile, Digital TV, DVR, UX
NOS enhances UX with Media Distillery content analysis
Feb 2, 2021 – NOS has selected Media Distillery’s Deep Content Understanding technology to enhance the user experience and customer engagement of their video platform, by creating a ‘linear on demand’ viewing experience.
News categories: Media Distillery, NOS, Roland Sars, Joao Ferreira, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Portugal, UX
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
- Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023
- Netgem completes sale of Fibre France business to Nordnet
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania
- SES-18 and SES-19 C-band satellites for the U.S. successfully launched
- OTT TV revenues in Western Europe to reach $45 billion by 2028
- DVB publishes updated Multicast ABR specification and guidelines