Digital TV News: MegaFon
TV markets growing in Central Asia driven by OTT and mobile
Jan 22, 2021 – Looking at the evolution of TV markets in the Central Asia region over the past three years, Dataxis has observed growing opportunities for operators and broadcasters.
News categories: Dataxis, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Market Research, Satellite, Streaming, Tajikistan, Terrestrial, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan
Flix Snip expands to Spain and Italy on Huawei Video
Jun 11, 2019 – Short-form content app and VOD service Flix Snip has announced that its content is now available in Spain and Italy as part of the Huawei Video SVOD service. This follows Flix Snip’s recent launch in Russia on the MegaFon and Rostelecom platforms.
News categories: Flix Snip, Huawei, Sebastien Perioche, Jaime Gonzalo, Digital TV, Italy, Spain, Streaming
Elemental supports expansion of MegaFon.TV OTT in Russia
Jan 11, 2017 – Elemental has announced that Russia's MegaFon is using Elemental for its MegaFon.TV over-the-top (OTT) TV service, which has seen a rise in subscribers from 10,000 to more than 1.4 million over the past year.
News categories: Elemental, MegaFon, MegaLabs, Andrey Kushnarev, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Russia, Streaming
Verimatrix secures content for MegaLabs' SMOTRI+ mobile app
Mar 28, 2014 – Verimatrix has announced that Russia's MegaLabs has chosen the multi-network Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS) solution to secure its SMOTRI+ mobile application.
News categories: Verimatrix, MegaLabs, Andrey Kushnarev, Steve Oetegenn, Apps, Content Protection, Mobile, Russia, Streaming
Russia's MegaFon deploys Verimatrix VCAS for IPTV and OTT services
Jan 25, 2013 – Verimatrix has announced the deployment of a multi-network Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) solution to secure MegaFon's combined IPTV and over-the-top (OTT) video services.
News categories: Verimatrix, MegaFon, MegaLabs, Conditional Access, Content Protection, CSTB, Digital TV, IPTV, Russia, Streaming
Dune HD HDMI STB on show at TV Connect EurAsia 2012
Oct 10, 2012 – The Dune HD Connect, the world's smallest Full HD set top box, is a compact stick format device that plugs into a subscriber's TV HDMI socket and streams content through its built-in Wi-Fi via a home internet connection.
News categories: Dune HD, Russia, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming
Towards Digital Television in the Federation of Russia
Mar 27, 2008 – The European Audiovisual Observatory has published a report on the development of digital television in Russia. The report analyses the current situation and perspectives on the various platforms (satellite, cable, terrestrial, mobile and ADSL).
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Groteck, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Mobile, Russia, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
- Atmosic SoC approved for Google Android TV remote controls
- Bell Media unveils new and expanded ad solutions
- Irdeto ensures integrity of apps running on OSNtv
- Thales and Netskrt Systems collaborate on inflight VOD streaming
- Samsung chip to power Hyundai in-vehicle infotainment
- Radio Television Hong Kong selects Irdeto multi-DRM solution
- Spectrum Reach taps Beachfront for programmatic monetization of convergent TV
- Netgem enables multiscreen TV for ZEOP with new UI on Android TV
- KCGM deploys Amagi SaaS offering to distribute anime channel in India
- Leading industry players join IAB Tech Lab advertising standards group
- DingoTV streaming service adds gamification with Edge Video
- Foxxum partners with OTTera to expand app portfolio
- Taiwan Mobile selects Broadpeak for live video streaming to mobiles
- TV Globo affiliate EPTV turns to MediaKind for IP video edge upgrade
- tvOS 17 brings FaceTime and video conferencing to Apple TV 4K
- VIDAA to bring Paramount+ to viewers in Canada and Latin America
- AR/VR headset shipments slowed in Q1 2023
- Introducing Apple Vision Pro: Apple’s first spatial computer
- 49% of U.S. adults watch video via a CTV device daily
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028