Digital TV News: Merwan Mereby
HbbTV Association joins forces with Smart TV Alliance
Sep 1, 2016 – The Smart TV Alliance and HbbTV Association today announced a plan to merge the activities of the Smart TV Alliance into HbbTV, extending the scope of the HbbTV Specification to address Over-The-Top Services.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Smart TV Alliance, Dr. Klaus Illgner, Merwan Mereby, Digital TV, HbbTV, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Panasonic Takes Connected TV to the Next Level With Launch of VIERA Connect™
Jan 5, 2011 – Panasonic (NYSE:PC; Tokyo:6752) has unveiled at CES, VIERA Connect™, an enhancement of its connected TV offering that includes expanded video streaming, two-way interactive features from gaming to social networking, and fitness programs.
News categories: Panasonic, CES2022, Middleware, Smart TV, Social TV, Streaming
Panasonic Chooses Widevine to Deliver Secure, High-Quality Customer Experiences on Its Devices
Nov 10, 2010 – Widevine has announced that Panasonic (NYSE: PC) has selected Widevine as its preferred provider of video optimization and digital rights management (DRM) solutions on Panasonic Viera® Connected TVs, Blu-ray Players, and more.
News categories: Widevine, Panasonic, Blu-ray, Content Protection, DRM, Middleware, Smart TV, Streaming
Amazon VoD Launches High Definition Movies and TV Episodes
Apr 21, 2009 – Amazon.com (NASDAQ: AMZN) has announced that customers can rent box-office favorites and purchase top TV shows in HD from Amazon Video On Demand. Customers can select from more than 500 HD TV shows and movies from major studios and networks.
News categories: Amazon, Digital TV, DVR, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Panasonic Creates Ultimate HDTV and Blu-ray Entertainment Devices With Amazon Video On Demand
Jan 7, 2009 – Panasonic has announced a collaborative relationship that adds Amazon Video On Demand to Panasonic's line of 2009 VIERA CAST ® enabled HDTVs and Blu-ray devices.
News categories: Panasonic, Amazon, Blu-ray, CES2022, Media Player, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Panasonic Brings Photos, Videos to Consumers' Living Rooms With Google and YouTube
Jan 7, 2008 – Panasonic, the brand by which Matsushita Electric (NYSE: MC) is best known, has announced plans to bring viewers access to YouTube videos directly from Panasonic's new VIERA® PZ850 line of Plasma Internet-connected HDTVs.
News categories: Panasonic, CES2022, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
- Roku launches player line-up for Germany
- 5G Broadcast and DTT can share UHF band and broadcast infrastructure
- SVOD household penetration in Malaysia to reach 27% in 2025
- Accedo powers Arabic SVOD service from TenTime
- Wurl unveils performance marketing service for streamers
- Origin selects Kantar for UK media measurement
- Germany to overtake the UK by SVOD subscribers
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way