Digital TV News: Merwan Mereby
HbbTV Association joins forces with Smart TV Alliance
Sep 1, 2016 – The Smart TV Alliance and HbbTV Association today announced a plan to merge the activities of the Smart TV Alliance into HbbTV, extending the scope of the HbbTV Specification to address Over-The-Top Services.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Smart TV Alliance, Dr. Klaus Illgner, Merwan Mereby, Digital TV, HbbTV, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Panasonic Takes Connected TV to the Next Level With Launch of VIERA Connect™
Jan 5, 2011 – Panasonic (NYSE:PC; Tokyo:6752) has unveiled at CES, VIERA Connect™, an enhancement of its connected TV offering that includes expanded video streaming, two-way interactive features from gaming to social networking, and fitness programs.
News categories: Panasonic, CES2023, Middleware, Smart TV, Social TV, Streaming
Panasonic Chooses Widevine to Deliver Secure, High-Quality Customer Experiences on Its Devices
Nov 10, 2010 – Widevine has announced that Panasonic (NYSE: PC) has selected Widevine as its preferred provider of video optimization and digital rights management (DRM) solutions on Panasonic Viera® Connected TVs, Blu-ray Players, and more.
News categories: Widevine, Panasonic, Blu-ray, Content Protection, DRM, Middleware, Smart TV, Streaming
Amazon VoD Launches High Definition Movies and TV Episodes
Apr 21, 2009 – Amazon.com (NASDAQ: AMZN) has announced that customers can rent box-office favorites and purchase top TV shows in HD from Amazon Video On Demand. Customers can select from more than 500 HD TV shows and movies from major studios and networks.
News categories: Amazon, Digital TV, DVR, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Panasonic Creates Ultimate HDTV and Blu-ray Entertainment Devices With Amazon Video On Demand
Jan 7, 2009 – Panasonic has announced a collaborative relationship that adds Amazon Video On Demand to Panasonic's line of 2009 VIERA CAST ® enabled HDTVs and Blu-ray devices.
News categories: Panasonic, Amazon, Blu-ray, CES2023, Media Player, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Panasonic Brings Photos, Videos to Consumers' Living Rooms With Google and YouTube
Jan 7, 2008 – Panasonic, the brand by which Matsushita Electric (NYSE: MC) is best known, has announced plans to bring viewers access to YouTube videos directly from Panasonic's new VIERA® PZ850 line of Plasma Internet-connected HDTVs.
News categories: Panasonic, CES2023, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December