Digital TV News: Michael Crimp
Inaugural IBC Showcase scheduled for September 8-11
Sep 2, 2020 – IBC has announced that its inaugural IBC Showcase will run from September 8th – 11th 2020, and continue as a once a week event throughout 2020. The IBC Showcase features three programmes: Content Programme, Exhibitor Showcase and Industry News.
News categories: IBC, Michael Crimp, Mark Smith, Steve Connolly, Christelle Gental, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Worldwide
IBC launches virtual event: IBC Showcase
Jul 10, 2020 – IBC has unveiled plans for IBC Showcase, a virtual event set to take place in September. The event will feature three components: an Exhibitor Showcase, a Sponsored Programme and coverage of product launches.
News categories: IBC, Michael Crimp, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Netherlands, Worldwide
Increased mobile viewing of video is driving demand for better content experiences
Sep 14, 2017 – According to a new study released by IBM (NYSE: IBM) and IBC, more than half of the 21,000 consumers surveyed are using mobiles every day to watch streaming videos, and that number is expected to grow 45 percent in the next three years.
News categories: IBM, International Broadcasting Convention, Steven Canepa, Michael Crimp, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Market Research, Mobile, UX, Worldwide
IBC Content Everywhere and NHK bring 8K television to the Middle East
Dec 29, 2014 – Visitors to January's IBC Content Everywhere MENA will be able to feast their eyes on Super Hi-Vision, the latest video technology from Japanese national broadcaster NHK, which features 16-times the resolution of currently available HD TV.
News categories: IBC Content Everywhere, NHK, Michael Crimp, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Middle-East, Smart TV, UAE
NHK to show high frame rate 8K television at IBC 2014
Aug 8, 2014 – At IBC2014, Japanese public broadcaster NHK will once more demonstrate its 8k Super Hi-Vision television system, including the latest enhancements such as high frame rate resolution.
News categories: NHK, Dr Sugawara, Michael Crimp, Europe, IBCShowcase, Japan, Smart TV, Worldwide
- izzi deploys Android TV custom launcher from Mirada
- Bedrock streaming technology powers Salto
- NEXTGEN TV launches on six local TV stations in Mobile-Pensacola
- Comscore ad marketplace for Connected TV goes global
- Foxtel selects TiVo to power voice search
- Applicaster technology stack accelerates video app development
- AT&T U.S. down 627k; Vrio up 229k video subs in 3Q 2020
- Q1-Q3 2020 Smart TV sales up 14% in Germany
- Technicolor teams with Google to promote hybrid Android TV devices
- Gamut selects iSpot ACR for TV ad measurement
- BitRouter releases ATSC3pro receiver software update
- Deutsche TV-Plattform launches CI+ 2.0 initiative
- Ultra HD Forum updates Guidelines and plans watermarking API
- WarnerMedia RIDE streaming comes to AT&T-connected GM vehicles
- U.S. has close to 300 OTT video services
- ENENSYS ATSC 3.0 solution deployed by SEI and VSatcast
- Sinclair acquires two TV stations in Washington, DC
- FreeWheel releases H1 2020 U.S. Video Marketplace Report
- Eutelsat selected by Kabelio for new Swiss HD platform
- RCN, Grande and Wave launch TiVo Stream 4K